So... it's been a while.

Started by DJay Saint, April 14, 2016, 09:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 14, 2016, 09:56PM Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:59PM by DJay Saint
How goes things?  I'm surprised the site is still here, and happy to see it is too.  Hopefully some of the fellas are still around.

Anything new while I was away?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Welcome back! Even if it is only for a short time.

Unfortunately the number of people who are around now a days is far less then it used to be. Especially the older members, only a few seem to appear every now and then.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

i think once the marvel heroes skins get ported over, there will be even more dropoff. most of the characters have been done and redone. now people are starting tho do dc, dragonball z, mortal combat, and other things. something that i know that killed my modding was that some programs stopped working after i upgraded my pc.

Cool to see you back :)
Right now we've got more model makers than moders, which is funny considering two or so years ago we had the exact opposite problem.
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

What did you miss? There's been a surge in model conversions as opposed to skinning like in the past. And sbarth is right -- mostly everybody who is anybody in the Marvel universe has been modded -- minus a few that I myself and a few others are doing. The CCC is on the Marvel side is nearly full. There are very few active modders and skinners left, and sometime this year, I'll be done, too. Not surprising, as MUA is reaching it's 10th anniversary in November.

Was there ever a breakthrough on adding custom sounds/voices and animations?  That was part of why I stopped my Emma Frost, Rogue, and Psylocke mods because of the limitation of using pre-existing animations from XML2 and MUA and not being able to add custom voices to the game.

There apparently is a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 in the works.  Hopefully it will come to PC.  Doubt it, since PC was skipped over for 2.

I was going to start playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance again and ended up trying out Marvel Heroes.  It's a pretty decent game.

Some modders have managed to add in custom voices ripped from audio that was used in other video games or animated series, as far as animations go I don't believe much has changed in that department.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Ah cool.  I suppose I'll have to track down the method to adding audio.

Do you know if there was a breakthrough adding custom models to X-Men Legends II, or were we still limited in that regards due to not having an older version of the Alchemy plugin for 3ds Max?