For those of you that would like to know.....!

Started by cable2099, August 21, 2007, 07:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
No, you are all wrong!
This man is like a combination of Rosa Parks and William Wilberforce, trying to make the world a better place for everyone by constantly fucking whining about a videogame!
We need to rise up and smite the oppressors by bitching on obscure fansites about how unfair life is that we cant have what the xbox crowd has, whilst simultaneously boasting about our incomes.
Only by doing this can we make a better future for our children.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on August 21, 2007, 04:20PM
No, you are all wrong!
This man is like a combination of Rosa Parks and William Wilberforce, trying to make the world a better place for everyone by constantly fucking whining about a videogame!
We need to rise up and smite the oppressors by bitching on obscure fansites about how unfair life is that we cant have what the xbox crowd has, whilst simultaneously boasting about our incomes.
Only by doing this can we make a better future for our children.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:......

Ok, I'm better now.  Tommy, you are my hero.  No, seriously.  I always appreciate sarcasm.

Cable, yeah, it sucks we can't all get what we want.  If we all got what we want, we'd all be rolling around with 22" dubs and platinum grills.  It just doesn't work that way.  I totally agree with Teancum.  Being a modder since I was a stain on my parents' sheets and going to college for game design, art, and programming to get in the industry, I know exactly how much work it takes to produce games like this.  Seriously, there are worse games out there with less content than MUA, and by far worse developers and worse publishers.  Look at all the heat Eidos is taking for the Tomb Raider series. Look at how they actually treated Core.  Yeah, their games started to blow, but that's because Eidos started rushing them to get things done.  Core was a company who wanted all the extras in the game that people would like to see.  They were a fan friendly developer.  However, sometimes business doesn't always allow that, and that's what it always comes down to.  You can spend all the time in the world adding extras to games and have about 10 years to make a game.  However, by the end of the day, if you didn't make money from the project, what have you really done?  You wasted 10 years, countless millions of dollars, and blew any chance of getting another investor interested in a project by you again.  This is why time is important.  This is why there are limitations to games. People have to make money at some point in time.  Yeah, it's easy to blame Activision, but put yourself in the CEO's shoes for once.  What would you do if you put your company's reputation and mainstay at stake every time you went out to get a big title done?  You're investing anywhere between $20 and $50 million every time you make a big title.  Sure, you want it to be awesome.  But you can't sit on that $20 million of debt forever.  At some point, you have to make money just to cover the cost to make the game, then you have to worry about profit.  At the end of the day, you have a family to take care of, and a business to run so you can keep making games.  You have to realize how much these guys have to put out on the line just to make a big game like this.  If it succeeds, then you're okay.  If it fails, you're screwed and you won't be in the industry for long, if at all afterwards.  While it sucks they may be uptight about public modding tools, it provides job security because then you have exlusive content for other games in the franchise.  If they did release mod tools for MUA, and the modding community does every character from Marvel, what is there left to offer for a sequal?  Would a $35 million investment to release a sequal containing the same crap you see in modding communities be efficient or worth it?  No.  They have to protect their business.  While it's fine to get upset about it, it's not okay to criticize people for protecting their investments and taking care of something they put a lot of work in.  Like one dev told me, when you buy a game, you are effectively just purchasing a license for it.  You do not own everything about that game.  You do not own the game engine.  You do not own the model exporters.  You do not own the level editors.  You don't own anything but a right to play the finished product.  It's no different than something like Microsoft's Windows.  Just because you have a license and use it, does not give you the rights to everything they used to make Windows.  You are not entitled to the source code just because you don't like a few features and want to change them.  So please, save it.  As much as it sucks, nobody cares.  It would be nice to have mod tools, and I'm sure Raven wouldn't mind releasing some.  But it is what it is.  I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you don't like it, you don't have to buy the game.  It's as simple as that.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

August 22, 2007, 10:18AM #18 Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:22AM by cable2099
I am sure that MUA sold really well and that Activision and Raven should have no problems releasing extras for that game. I understand what Burning Rage is saying and I understand that a company does not want to lose money on something they created but I am sure that if something sells well that they should consider releasing bonus stuff as a thank you for all the people that bought the product. It shows that the company cared about their business and wants to keep the customer. I am really curious though how many Gold Editions that they sold or even that the people paid to get the content downloaded? I would think that if they wanted more people to buy the Gold Edition that they would release it on other platforms. I am not saying that they need to release bonus content for all their games but I feel that they should for the games that sold really well. If they dont release any extra content for this game it loses its replay value. I know that the people here have made mods to the game with what tools they have and some of them look really good. I am looking forward to playing She-Hulk when she is released. I know that the people here make it possible for more replay value. Look at Freedom Force 1 and 2. That has much replay value. What I am trying to say is that we should not have to use our own tools to modify a game and that we should have access to the devs. tools that helped create such a wonderful game. I play this game with children and they enjoy using Spider-Man and Captain America. They wonder why the Hulk is not in the game and I explained it to them. When I heard they were going to release bonus content and the Hulk was one of them. I was happy but I also had to explain to my children that it was only going to be released for the X-Box 360, of course they were not happy with that. I have been waiting for when someone could decode the X-box 360 discs so that we can have it for the PC but that does not look like it will happen anytime soon. So I am forced to buy the X-Box 360 so as to have the bonus content. 'Nuff Said!

well you dont have to waste the money. you have already played the game so you know what the game is about. you should enjoy the extras through some other means, video, a friend, or even read about it. you of all people should know that games get boring after a while. if you did buy the system and the game, you would probably play it, see the extra features and say well that was cool but that's it! in the end you still have the same game that you've probably been playing for months! extras are cool but for the short time you enjoy them, is it worth it? just trying to help someone supporting a family =)

August 25, 2007, 11:14AM #20 Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:17AM by cable2099
BTW I was visiting MUA.com and I came across this:
http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/news.php?id=547&cat=all_news&page=1#headline

It has the date of 5-03-07 on it and says Console and PC screenshots and if I did not know better but that looks like the Hulk and Hawkeye in those screenshots. So if they are not going to release a Gold Edition of this game for the other consoles and PC why put screenshots up saying that?

But PC? If they were only going to release for 360 they need to be specific. It would tell anyone that the Gold Edition or DLC is going to be on PC and all consoles. So technically it is false advertising if they can not post that the screenshots are only for the X-box 360 but it says console and PC not X-Box 360 and PC. So when you read something that says Console and PC screenshots what does it tell you?

Quote from: cable2099 on August 25, 2007, 11:58AM
But PC? If they were only going to release for 360 they need to be specific. It would tell anyone that the Gold Edition or DLC is going to be on PC and all consoles. So technically it is false advertising if they can not post that the screenshots are only for the X-box 360 but it says console and PC not X-Box 360 and PC. So when you read something that says Console and PC screenshots what does it tell you?

That you are a whiny cretin?

the bottom of the pics say "source: XBOX 360" and the last have "source: PS3", so i dont think it a case of false advertising, that is the name of the section, it doesnt guarantee that all the pics will be both pc and consule, just that is a collection of both.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on August 25, 2007, 12:05PM
Quote from: cable2099 on August 25, 2007, 11:58AM
That you are a whiny cretin?

And your ugly! Pathetic! People have resorted to name calling and I was not calling anyone on this board names. I WAS being civilized.

Yeah, but Cable, face it; you have this conspiracy theory/whining thing going on.  Ask anyone here.  Why can't you just be satisfied with the fact that we can put any character we want on the PC by making them ourselves?  Besides, I thought you went out and bought the Gold Edition and are picking up your x360 soon, so you have nothing to complain about:

Quote from: cable2099 on August 19, 2007, 02:18PM
I picked up the Gold Edition of MUA today but had to put the X-Box 360 on layaway. So I will not be able to get it for some time.

however. . .

Quote from: cable2099 on August 25, 2007, 10:52AM
Oh, I thought others owned it also, besides if I had my X-box 360 system I would do it but since I will not have it until I get paid next Thursday. Buying it for my kid's birthday on Saturday.:)

So unless you're giving us the run around you of all people have nothing more to complain about since you actually own MUA Gold and are picking up your 360 very soon.  Personally If you own the PC version I have no idea why you're complaining, and if you don't then you'll have MUA Gold.

August 25, 2007, 12:59PM #27 Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:05PM by thetommyboy2002
Quote from: cable2099 on August 25, 2007, 12:27PM
And your ugly! Pathetic! People have resorted to name calling and I was not calling anyone on this board names. I WAS being civilized.

Yeah, sorry bout that.
I just find your particular brand of incessant entitled complaining to be irritating.
Still, I'll try to ignore you, in future.

Cable, why all the grief? Tommy's Hulk looks loads better than the DLC Hulk and as far as the rest of the DLCs, they all have been modded already. The mods for the pc will only get better and better. Thank god we have so many talanted modders in this community that are willing to give us their incredible work. So just take a deep breath Fox Mulder, err I mean Cable and enjoy the game and the mods.

Teancum,
All I am saying is that if it was or is being released on the PC than that means there was no sense in me buying the X-Box 360. If I have no choice than I have no choice. As I said before I prefer the PC. Yes, we can mod this game but we all did agree to the licensing agreement but we are resorted to moding our own game which we should not have to do but are forced to do it because of the devs. Other people's mods are good but I just dont feel right about installing them on my game except maybe She-Hulk. I installed the Next Gen Mod but that was because those characters were not unlocked for the PC and I felt that the PC should have gotten some exclusive content like it did for X-Men Legends 2. I felt robbed by that fact. Yes, I have the Gold Edition and look forward to playing it when I get my X-Box 360 but I like the controls of the PC keyboard better and the graphics.