Ripping Marvel Heroes Models

Started by DJay Saint, May 22, 2016, 09:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I saw that Mr. Law had ripped some models from Marvel Heroes for use in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance which I had started to look in to.  I was going to go through and start ripping a ton of costumes.

Problem is, I'm having issues getting usable textures.  With Umodel I can extract models directly from the .upk packages, but the textures are all stripped down to 32x32.  The creator of Umodel says he doesn't have time or the desire to fix this issue with Marvel Heroes, as other Unreal games don't run in to this problem.

So I have been looking for program to use to rip the higher resolution textures... that or I'll have to retexture by hand and I don't have the desire to do that for every model.

I tried Ninja Ripper, but people have said the quality of the textures leaves something to be desired.  I can't get it to work with Marvel Heroes though because attaching Ripper to the launcher doesn't work, and if I attach it directly the executable it tries to launch Steam (which I don't use for Marvel Heroes as I hate Steam).

Anyway, I know models have been ripped from Marvel Heroes.  Anyone know with what?  Or have suggestions for good ripping programs that aren't full of bloatware?  I really only need the textures so I don't care how accurate the models are.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I think they are using 3dripper.

May 24, 2016, 03:57AM #2 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:02AM by MelloMods
3d ripper hasn't worked for me. Please let me know if you figure it out.

Also trying to figure out how to rip from Marvel Future Fight

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

3D Ripper DX didn't work for me because I couldn't get the program to hook in to the Marvel Heroes client.  Hooking it in to the launcher doesn't help.  Kinda the same issue I was having with Ninja Ripper.  If I try to hook directly in to the client and run it without the launcher, then it attempts to install with Steam, which I don't want.

There was a program people use to rip textures that I found a while ago, but I don't remember what it's called.  Was thinking maybe someone would know what it was or remember it.  Last I saw it was on Github but that was a couple years ago.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.