The Inactivity Is Real

Started by BaconWizard17, June 24, 2016, 09:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was looking through the members list, and there are 243 pages of members. When you arrange by number of posts, only the first 17 pages of members have made posts. :P

I just thought it was kinda funny.

Of the people who have more than ~100 posts probably 90% left long ago. There's just not much life left in these games as they've been modded to death.

I suppose that's true. Hopefully if the rumors of a remastered collection or possibly an Ultimate Alliance 3 are true, it'll breathe some life back into this place.

I have to add, that, with the advance of technology, new videogames consoles, games like MUA or Xmen Legends have become history. Big word history is, imagine 10 years of life, cause this site is alive, 10 years of modding and support, I can't but feel pride to be part of that.
Of course people have lost interest for the site but the people who still remains here is doing their best to keep the place updated (even when one or two have already announce inactivity lol).
I remember back at 2008 or 9, not so sure anymore, I use to go with my brother to this Cyber Spaces to buy some internet and all we do was check the Mods (so happy to see Venom for example, that rocks my little world), what an awesome experience was. Man, if I can do that to other people, give them that joy, I can feel satisfied with what I did and probably will do yet for some time.

I would like to join the previous post of Julio.I had the same feelings when I first discovered this site. It was a huge gladness when I come realize that there is a way to put new characters in M.U.A.
And I think that every time when a new comic game , or a new comic book movie come up, a door open out with new possibilites for modding.

" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

I find this forum surprisingly lively considering the game's age! It's not unusual that someone new appears in the 'Say Hello' thread to say that they love the game and are happy with the many mods. Of course there are less active modders who post a lot, as it takes skill, dedication and time, but even there I think that it's amazing that a 10+ year old game has multiple active modders. So many characters have been made available and especially in the last couple of years (which history books may refer to as the 'Outsider Era') there has been a high frequency of releases. Pretty much all of the prominent Marvel heroes have been made available for the game.

Plus, people don't have to post to keep this place alive. Many pages of registered members tell me that there are many people who registered just so they could download mods and boosters.

Looking at the life on the forum, I see more reason for celebration than anything else.

I definitely don't see the forum dying at any point. It's been here since, 2006, and every day there are new posts to read. Will it ever reach its hayday again? Probably not. But it's still going strong.