Help with Startup

Started by BaconWizard17, June 29, 2016, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 29, 2016, 05:29PM Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:56PM by BaconWizard17
My Copy of Ultimate Alliance finally came in, and I obviously I installed it right away. Whenever I try to play the game, whether I hit "play" from the menu when you run the disk or go from the desktop shortcut, it says "log in with administrative privileges and try again." I am an administrator on the PC. What can I do? I've also tried doing "run as administrator" on the desktop shortcut, and that hasn't worked either. I have Windows 10 if that's relevant.

Update: After running troubleshooting, I now get it to pop up the "do you want this program to make changes to your computer" to pop up every time, but now whenever I hit "yes," nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Update 2: I've tried changing compatibility settings what feels like 867 times, but it has yet to do anything. It still, whenever I try starting it, makes it seem like it's processing something, and then nothing happens.

Old thread but I need to know how you got around it.

Quote from: deadjoke on February 22, 2020, 05:04PM
Old thread but I need to know how you got around it.

Have you tried applying this completely safe noCD crack to better increase compatibility? With it applied after installing the game proper, I've been able to play it from beginning to end no problem on W10 (mods included).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jedirwd5488322i/game.exe/file

It worked. THANK you.

Why is it called a no CD fix though? I HAD the flaming CD inserted at the same time as trying to run the damn game...

Anyway, much appreciated.

Okay but once you've installed a game it shouldn't require the CD anymore anyway should it? I'm new to pc gaming by the way. I'm much more used to console games but I'm trying to get the hang of it. Still got my original PS2 version of MUA too 😂

February 22, 2020, 09:57PM #6 Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:00PM by Ceamonks890
^Not really. Older PC games don't tend to usually run naturally without a physical disk in the drive at all times (My physical copies of the original Thief trilogy do inexplicably, but those are very rare cases). Hence why you use a NoCD crack to play the game without having to worry about leaving a disk in the drive.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on February 22, 2020, 09:57PM
^Not really. Older PC games don't tend to usually run naturally without a physical disk in the drive at all times (My physical copies of the original Thief trilogy do inexplicably, but those are very rare cases). Hence why you use a NoCD crack to play the game without having to worry about leaving a disk in the drive.

I had the disk inserted when I was trying to run the game after I'd installed it though...

Pretty sure this is a Windows 10 issue or something. Read around that it might be.

If you don't have the NoCD exe installed, then the game will ask you to insert the disc to play the game. If you do have the NoCD exe installed, then you don't need to have the disc inserted to play. You can still have the disc in your drive, but it isn't actually doing anything.