We got work to do boys! MUA 1 and 2 remaster for PC 7/26/16

Started by DJay Saint, July 25, 2016, 12:21AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on July 29, 2016, 05:39AM
I've already got War Machine playable, so that's totally possible. What I want to know is if he can be playable without replacing a character.
Does he have powers?
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Just what he had in his boss fight. I could easily hook in Iron Man's powers and fusions if people want a full-on test mod.

Amazing! Have you managed to modify MUA2? This is really cool!! I noticed that all the DLCs are present. I'm downloading the game now. I know it's not much but if you want to test new skins for it, can count on my hand to convert! I'm very excited about this news. MUA2 PC! It's very good!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on July 29, 2016, 10:05PM
Amazing! Have you managed to modify MUA2? This is really cool!! I noticed that all the DLCs are present. I'm downloading the game now. I know it's not much but if you want to test new skins for it, can count on my hand to convert! I'm very excited about this news. MUA2 PC! It's very good!

Oh you poor soul you.  You have no idea do you?  Both games are an absolute fucking shitfest right now.  Literally unplayable for a lot of people.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on July 29, 2016, 10:06PM
We can all play the MUA and MUA 2 online again?

Supposedly.  Though I haven't even got passed the intro yet because the controller support doesn't work right.  It's not a simple "just replace icons so the right ones show on the screen" because almost all of the bindings are incorrect.  Some buttons just don't work at all.  You can use 3rd party software I guess, but you shouldn't have to and I refuse to.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Found an old screen shot of a certain old Sue costume I did.  I'm going to redo this from the ground up and modernize it for 2016!

Quote from: Teancum on July 29, 2016, 05:56AM
Just what he had in his boss fight. I could easily hook in Iron Man's powers and fusions if people want a full-on test mod.

That would be a great way to lay the foundation for future modding . Once it was verified, the next step might be attempting to swap in War Machine's boss fight portrait.

Quote from: Teancum on July 29, 2016, 05:39AM
I've already got War Machine playable, so that's totally possible. What I want to know is if he can be playable without replacing a character.

I just recently started posting here, so please forgive me if by his has been answered already.

What's the general feeling on mods that replace characters, if the engine leaves no other choice? Is the core roster generally considered "sacred?"

If the issue is that everyone has different fav chars, I might invest some time in writing scripts that make it easier to swap out which character is "substituted."
That assumes a lot about the modding process, though, aND may not actually be viable .

only left would be the hud, since it's DXT3 (transparent metal BG as 360/PS3)
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 29, 2016, 10:08PM
Oh you poor soul you.  You have no idea do you?  Both games are an absolute fucking shitfest right now.  Literally unplayable for a lot of people.

Supposedly.  Though I haven't even got passed the intro yet because the controller support doesn't work right.  It's not a simple "just replace icons so the right ones show on the screen" because almost all of the bindings are incorrect.  Some buttons just don't work at all.  You can use 3rd party software I guess, but you shouldn't have to and I refuse to.

This news you gave me is really disheartening. But for me the result is satisfactory. The MUA2 runs perfectly on my PC and I can play with the PS3 controller. I installed one Xbox360 control drive and it runs quiet here for me. But I can not change the button settings. Considering the MUA2 for PS3, for me it makes no difference, since I'm already adapted to this setting on my PS3. But what really makes me happy is to play with the DLCs. When I bought the PS3 MUA2, the DLCs they had already been removed from PSN. I hope that soon everyone can have MUA2 running smoothly. I'd like to see our forum, the modders to generate modifications for this game. After all, we expect a lot for that to happen!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on July 31, 2016, 09:02PM

This news you gave me is really disheartening. But for me the result is satisfactory. The MUA2 runs perfectly on my PC and I can play with the PS3 controller. I installed one Xbox360 control drive and it runs quiet here for me. But I can not change the button settings. Considering the MUA2 for PS3, for me it makes no difference, since I'm already adapted to this setting on my PS3. But what really makes me happy is to play with the DLCs. When I bought the PS3 MUA2, the DLCs they had already been removed from PSN. I hope that soon everyone can have MUA2 running smoothly. I'd like to see our forum, the modders to generate modifications for this game. After all, we expect a lot for that to happen!

Yeah I would like to mod it, but unfortunately I can't do anything if I can't even get passed 2 minutes in the game.  I was going to look in to controller support and start fixing it myself, but at this point with the rest of the games being such a mess I'm not going to bother.  I lost all of my motivation to work on these ports.  I have a feeling the mess will never get resolved either.

I'll keep them in my library but I won't hold out any hope.  I'm officially at the "fuck it" stage.

Retraction :(

Guys, I acted with imprudence and I posted a message with inappropriate content. Please forgive me! It is not my intention to harm our forum! Forgive me!
I deleted the post!

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 30, 2016, 10:49AM
Found an old screen shot of a certain old Sue costume I did.  I'm going to redo this from the ground up and modernize it for 2016!

That looks like a great skin.  Hope you do release that one. That costume was a nice change from her trademark blue bodysuit.

During the weekend I purchased MUA.2 finaly. I can't really find words how much I expected this game .
But I feel now that this game is a gigantic step back compared to MUA.1.
I dont want to talk about the awful quality of the "remastered" edition, because there was enough words on it in the forum.But I have to agree with these opinions word by word. I'm quiet disappointed.

" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "