Open Thoughts On Marvel Ultimate Alliance REBOOT (here's mine whats yours?)2016

Started by daytondavinchi, July 28, 2016, 11:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What made you decide to come to Marvel Mods?  Or I guess, how did you hear about us?  Did you just randomly happen on the site while seeing if there were mods for MUA, or hear about us somewhere else?  I came across the site nearly 10 years ago on accident and glad I did.

I haven't really seen you post, but you have videos with you playing MUA with mods installed so I have to commend you on modding your game and not being one of those "please do it for me" types.

I'm not much in to watching streams and what not, but thanks for putting together videos.  I'm sure others would agree.  It's good to see you around.  Maybe I'll drop by some time and hang out for a few.

If there's anything you would like to see, feel free to post about it.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'd rather they just continue the series. I'd much rather see Ultimate Alliance 3 than a total reboot.

I've always felt like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 wasn't a follow-up to the first game, but rather a Marvel game with similar mechanics; I mean, MUA1 left that awesome Galactus cliffhanger in the end, and it was simply ignored in the sequel, imagine if they had explored it in MUA2 rather than mixing existing stories from the comics. Not to mention that a lot of characters from MUA1 didn't return for the "sequel" (I guess that's because they wouldn't fit in the story which, again, was basically a mix between existing stories from the comics), and the returning characters all had new looks, voice actors, personalities etc... to sum up, little of what was established in the first game returned for its sequel, which I think is mostly because of the change in development from Raven Software to Vicarious Visions.

I'm not saying MUA2 was a bad game (on the contrary, I've had plenty of fun playing it in the past), I just think it didn't have the essence of what made MUA1 so unique (the closest thing we have to that, IMO, is when *spoiler*the two factions put their differences aside and join forces in the negative zone*end of spoiler*, a glimpse of what MUA2 could have been), which is why I don't consider it a sequel, but rather a Marvel game carrying gameplay elements and the title from MUA1.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

i like the idea of remastering, but if its going to happen, do it right. include all the DLC, and for god's sake update the graphics and gameplay! they said they would, but didn't. at least for the ps4 versions. all they did is crap out the original game with changed lighting.

i'm for a true remastering of both games, and a MUA3. while they're at it, maybe add some new content to the original games for added replay value.

I always tended to agree with Maegawa here. I never really liked the direction of MUA2 following off XML2 and MUA.

If anything using this site has taught me, it's that picking a roster for a ultimate marvel team up is rather hard. Many of our modders here have well proven MANY MANY MANY characters can be great playable characters. But how many can developers really put into any game to get it out in reasonable time?

If it was in my wheelhouse, I'd reboot the series and keep it as it's own thing going forward. To make it an Ultimate alliance, it should keep growing. For modern convenience let's say the new game would ship with 25 characters. Then they add 5 more for dlc. When it comes time for the next one, the 30 return and add some additional ones.  And so on and so on.

There's multitudes of villains games like this can use, and obviously some can be smaller enemies in more than one game. The problem with this to me is getting the right combo. MUA took us to a lot of different places but XML2 is one where the boss list seems a little too "What are you doing here". Maybe the series could use like a story editor that plots the general framework? I think that could work.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way