Anyone here like the n space version of ultimate alliance 2

Started by tiamat888, August 04, 2016, 07:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I feel like I'm the only one that enjoyed it despite its flaws

I liked it, but it was MUA--:
Less costumes, less characters, worse roster, less powers, worse graphics, worse story, worse levels, less levels, less features, worse villains, worse level variety, no special conversations, etc
If it came before MUA 1, I'd still consider it worse than XML2.
So, fun, just not "multiple playthroughs with different characters and let's see the forums of the game and oh look here it says I can go to this other website to download Colossus and this other character I know nothing about and waitaminute I can install any character from XML2 too that's so cool and people are creating more characters maybe I should try to create a character but I have no talent for drawing let's see what character I could do well Mystique is available I bet I can do something really special with her and now it's ten years and I'm going to buy the game again" fun.

As far as gameplay goes, I actually like it better than Vicarious Visions' version. Each character had only one costume, but they had a big power set like MUA1. VV's version had only like 4 or 5 powers per character.

to me the boss fights and boss music was much better than the first

I remember the level with Goliath and Yellowjacket fighting each other, that was good stuff. Shame we never got to see that in the console port
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I feel like N-Space's version is the true MUA2, as it stayed more faithful to what was established in earlier games.

Gameplay wise, I think it's pretty great (probably because the engine is almost the same, if not the same, as the one from MUA1), each character's powerset is bigger in comparison to the ones from Vicarious Visions' as Teancum pointed.

Also, despite some characters from the Vicarious Visions version not being in the N-Space version, the latter has a few extra playable characters like Blade and Cyclops (most people tend to complain about the Blade's MUA1 incarnation, but in MUA2 he was handled much better).

I'm not a gamer that cares too much about graphics, which is the main point most people complain about N-Space's version of MUA2, so if I were to point its flaws, I'd say only the sounds are bad, as they have an inferior quality when compared to Vicarious Visions' version and the precious games, but I think that's understandable.

My point is, the N-Space version could have been a lot more if the developers had more time to work on it, and if their team was bigger (I once read here in the forum that the staff who worked on it was considerably small). Who knows... maybe some mysterious figure didn't want N-Space's version to be better than Vicarious Visions'? Nah, I think I'm just being paranoid.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.