So, after all these years....

Started by Dark_Ansem, August 12, 2016, 09:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I finally got to play MUA2. While I do like the graphics and I believe the mechanics have been streamlined, but improved (see: Magneto's shield automatically while flying, more passive skills and fusion attacks), I still like more the first one. More characters, and possibly a more involving story...

Agreed. MUA2 is a very solid game, and fun to play through. It's also much better looking than the original. But it lacks a lot of the charm the first game had.

Quote from: Teancum on August 12, 2016, 10:43AM
Agreed. MUA2 is a very solid game, and fun to play through. It's also much better looking than the original. But it lacks a lot of the charm the first game had.

That's it. Even if the original was a bit cheesy!

I think the reason that MUA2 feels so much more rough is BECAUSE it's so much more rough. The story is a lot more gritty. The characters are a lot more... I dunno... human? MUA1 was more like something you'd have gotten out of a mashup of the Golden Age of comics. MUA2 is basically a hybridization of more modern Marvel plots where we've dropped high adventure for gritty real-ness lol

I wasn't satisfied with MUA 2. A lot of the character models were grotesque (iron man's horrific cod piece, watermelon boobs on all female characters), the voice actors were cast poorly, and I've never been a big fan of the civil war storyline, but they managed to convolute it even more with all that "nanite" garbage.

August 15, 2016, 08:00AM #5 Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:29AM by Teancum
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 14, 2016, 08:34PM
I wasn't satisfied with MUA 2. A lot of the character models were grotesque (iron man's horrific cod piece, watermelon boobs on all female characters), the voice actors were cast poorly, and I've never been a big fan of the civil war storyline, but they managed to convolute it even more with all that "nanite" garbage.
I thought most of the women had serious "butterface" going on ("she looks great, but-her-face"). Most of the men looked fine. I'm with you on *some* of the voice actors. I would have preferred MUA1 Nick Fury and Captain America's actors. As far as the nanite stuff, I agree. It felt like a way to stretch out the story. The Civil War part of the game was by far the best part. I would have just preferred the game be "play through on one side, then experience from the opposite perspective" as one whole story.

Still a fun game though, just doesn't match up to MUA1.

Quote from: Teancum on August 15, 2016, 08:00AM
I thought most of the women had serious "butterface" going on ("she looks great, but-her-face"). Most of the men looked fine. I'm with you on *some* of the voice actors. I would have preferred MUA1 Nick Fury and Captain America's actors. As far as the nanite stuff, I agree. It felt like a way to stretch out the story. The Civil War part of the game was by far the best part. I would have just preferred the game be "play through on one side, then experience from the opposite perspective" as one whole story.

i agree with you there i really like the whole civil war thing but then the nanite part it when the game pretty much goes downhill specially at the end by the boss fight againts nanyte nick fury MUA 1 had all those awesome epic boss fights againts all those amazing iconic marvel villians and this game got nothing in comparation.

Sometimes i can only imagine if Vicarious Visions Alchemy Engine is planned to be sold on Steam, either as FREE, or purchasable like GMod & SFM
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Teancum on August 15, 2016, 08:00AM

The sad thing is the perfectly set up a sequel with Galactus as the boss in that last cutscene, but instead they went with that. And now there's probably no chance of Galactus being the villain (or any of the fox/sony owned characters for that matter) if they ever make another game.

Pretty sure they just own the movie rights. Every marvel character could appear in every game
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

However, when it comes to add something related to MCU, as part of promotion, it is mostly on some video games. The current known list (some i forgot) are:
*Disney Infinity
*Marvel Future Fight
*Lego Avengers

This does not count Lego Marvel, Marvel Heroes, Contest of Champions & a crossover with other companies (like Capcom, Namco Bandai, SNK, Sega, .etc), despite have some of MCU parts, like the current 2010s Disney Animated series Universe for example. Sometimes i really wish to see the revival on X-Men & Fantastic Four animated, with some of these two should be part of co-op series, mostly with Ultimate Spider-Man

My Progress:

Quote from: Polygone on September 14, 2016, 04:26AM
Pretty sure they just own the movie rights. Every marvel character could appear in every game

In addition to what Lars said, Marvel is trying to avoid using characters they don't have the movie rights to in any media because they're trying to get the movie rights for those characters back into their possession. Notice how the X-Men and Fantastic 4 haven't appeared in any games, have very little merchandise made for them, they don't have any TV shows, and they have fewer comics?

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on September 14, 2016, 07:09PM
In addition to what Lars said, Marvel is trying to avoid using characters they don't have the movie rights to in any media because they're trying to get the movie rights for those characters back into their possession. Notice how the X-Men and Fantastic 4 haven't appeared in any games, have very little merchandise made for them, they don't have any TV shows, and they have fewer comics?

As for Spider-Man, it was the first step for Marvel to have the movie rights back due to how disastrous Marc Webb's Spidey movie are (a Sony's Death of Stacy Movie Universe) + a cancellation on Sony's Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon (the very first step to have animation rights return), Fantastic Four is next since the 2010s Fox Reboot Movie is much more disastrous with Marvel has a chance to get the movie rights back from Fox, meaning X-Men will be the last one, once all Fox done producing two last Fox produced X-Men related film series (Wolverine 3 & Deadpool 2). Yet, i felt that Fox might still doing a distribution for X-Men & Fantastic Four related films like how Sony does on distributing new MCU Spider-Man

If the Fox's X-Men film series ended in Wolverine 3 instead, with Deadpool 2 continued as a reboot in MCU, i felt that Deadpool will break the fourth wall on how his story transferred from Fox film to MCU: Same previous film origin & planned sequel storyline, but some are a bit different (eg.: when it comes to J. K. Simmons is announced to reprise as Jonah in MCU, if planned, DP might fourth wall break his actor, Ryan Reynolds reprises him in MCU too)

My Progress:

Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on September 14, 2016, 08:17PM
As for Spider-Man, it was the first step for Marvel to have the movie rights back due to how disastrous Marc Webb's Spidey movie are (a Sony's Death of Stacy Movie Universe) + a cancellation on Sony's Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon (the very first step to have animation rights return), Fantastic Four is next since the 2010s Fox Reboot Movie is much more disastrous with Marvel has a chance to get the movie rights back from Fox, meaning X-Men will be the last one, once all Fox done producing two last Fox produced X-Men related film series (Wolverine 3 & Deadpool 2). Yet, i felt that Fox might still doing a distribution for X-Men & Fantastic Four related films like how Sony does on distributing new MCU Spider-Man

If the Fox's X-Men film series ended in Wolverine 3 instead, with Deadpool 2 continued as a reboot in MCU, i felt that Deadpool will break the fourth wall on how his story transferred from Fox film to MCU: Same previous film origin & planned sequel storyline, but some are a bit different (eg.: when it comes to J. K. Simmons is announced to reprise as Jonah in MCU, if planned, DP might fourth wall break his actor, Ryan Reynolds reprises him in MCU too)

I never thought about it that way. Is this confirmed or just rumors or your thoughts?

September 15, 2016, 09:28PM #14 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:36PM by LarsAlexandersson
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on September 15, 2016, 05:20PM
I never thought about it that way. Is this confirmed or just rumors or your thoughts?

Some of them Spider-Man animated & movie stuffs are confirmed to have the rights return

While Fantastic Four movie rights is likely a rumors as of this report: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fantastic-Four-Movie-Rights-May-Return-Marvel-Get-Details-88417.html. BTW since the film reboot is way worst, blame Fox & the rights should be return to Marvel

For J. K. Simmons return as JJ in MCU still yet to be announced and still rumors too. But there is a petition to have Mr. Simmons return as JJ in MCU

Fox's X-Men still continues until it likely ends with Wolverine 3, or/& Deadpool 2

The last ones if Fantastic Four & X-Men film rights return to Marvel & if they first appear on MCU are from my thought

My Progress: