Mystique Mod (re-released 05-06)

Started by matt710, August 23, 2007, 10:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 23, 2007, 10:13PM Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:43PM by matt710
Mystique is my next mod I will do.  I am basing her off of Nodoubt's npc.

I plan on adding a few things with her.

she has a morphing ability, gun shot, bomb throw, and xtreme.

I think I will be adding another gun ability.

For her morphing I plan on 2 abilities and 2 boosts:

1) Ability that causes her to morph into an enemy that has a chance to cause enemies in a radius of her to become confused (like sunfires burn thing so it is only temp)

2) Similar to 1 but it may cause temp conversion.

3) Boost where she morphs to sabertooth to have enhanced melee damage, ar, and movement speed

4) Boost where she becomes unoticed by enemies (similar to invisible but I want her to morph into an enemy)

Another option is to have her throw a trap.

As for passives and Xtreme2 I am still in the drawing board for them.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

the forge npc/black widow mod/cable mod, have a riffle, maybe you can use a rifle move.  Black Panther has a bolton dagger, you could add a dagger throw (she has used knifes in the past, including on Rouge (what a b*tch :) ))

cant wait, we need more Brotherhood members in this game.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Thanks the dagger throw is a good idea.  I guess I have to figure out what to not do for moves now.   :(

Maybe I may experiment with dark phoenix cause I thought of a way to add more moves, and if it works I will do it on mystique.

Quote from: matt710 on August 23, 2007, 10:13PM
Mystique is my next mod I will do.  I am basing her off of Nodoubt's npc.

I plan on adding a few things with her.

she has a morphing ability, gun shot, bomb throw, and xtreme.

I think I will be adding another gun ability.

For her morphing I plan on 2 abilities and 2 boosts:

1) Ability that causes her to morph into an enemy that has a chance to cause enemies in a radius of her to become confused (like sunfires burn thing so it is only temp)

2) Similar to 1 but it may cause temp conversion.

3) Boost where she morphs to sabertooth to have enhanced melee damage, ar, and movement speed

4) Boost where she becomes unoticed by enemies (similar to invisible but I want her to morph into an enemy)

Another option is to have her throw a trap.

As for passives and Xtreme2 I am still in the drawing board for them.

hrmmm too many transforming related things.... i know its her ability but still

how bout #4 goes like this?
"Invisibility" (Turn into them)
Confusion
AR+Defense down
XP Up

each level increasing each of them slightly... and i wonder... is it possible to have it "Turn on" instead of having a standard duration? like how Jean's TK and Bishop's Full Auto are... well except for having to hold down the button

and #3 was also cool, i'd say if it went like this it'd be cooler
Randomly change into another mutant, on low levels you get regular guys like Scott Summers(i mean weak as physical ability, not his optic blasts, which she wouldn't get now would she?) and on high levels, she becomes tough dudes like Juggz n Blob or as you said Sabretooth
each level increasing the duration and % of their power, from like 50% to 150% or something

now i have no idea how you could do that but... maybe for the stats you could put in your own values and only show in the description "50%" as it would be 50% of what you think that character is capable of.......

maybe.... i dunno, but anyways as for the rest of her abilities you are gonna need some crazy acrobatics, passives and such.... if im online later i could give some suggestions in detail

I actually had planned on a random character xtreme boost I thought of it a while ago but didn't want to say anything until I saw that the random part was possible.  It was the one xtrme I never explained.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

Progress:

Her 2 morphing into an enemy skills aren't working too well.  Fist off they don't cause the status I want and she will not change back to her true self.  I may have to ditch the steal skin and maybe have to have her change into a lab assistant (something that looks harmless). 

I tried to get enemies to ignore her without turning her invisible, but that didn't work so I made her invisible with the explaination that she is camoflauging to her environment to be hard to see.  (an ability according to marveldatabase)

I have the grenade and gun moves in but just have to tweek them.  They do so little damage so I have to fix that. 

Boost to sabretooth nixed to have her create the form of wolverine's claws (you will see why I nixed it for her xtreme)

Her xtrme boost is actually 4 abilities that are chosen from random.  She will morph into Wolverine, Beast, Lady Deathstrike, or Sabretooth. 

As wolverine:

Boosted defense (High)
Boosted attack (medium-high)
Boosted resitences
Boosted regeneration

As Beast:

Boosted speed (medium high)
Boosted attack (medium)
Boosted dodge (High)
Boosted defense (medium high)

As Deathstrike

Boosted speed (High @almost insane@)
Boosted attack (medium-low)
Boosted dodge (medium-high)
Less EP consumed (soon to change to something else, I will explain later in the post)

As Sabretooth

Boosted Attack (High)
Boosted Speed (medium)
Boosted resitences
Boosted regeneration

Why I have to nulify abilities:

It seems that if you use her camoflauge power she returns back to the random character permamently.  I would assume once I get the other shifting abilities up it will do the same.  Also if you repeat the extreme, the boosts from the previous random character add onto the boosts of the current random character.  So I have to do like Burning's Emma Frost Diamond form and nullify her abilities for the duration of the boost.  I chose these 4 characters because she cannot mimic abilities but can enhance abilities she already has, hence the similar abilities at different scales.  If another character fits the 'mold' I may consider adding him/her to the random change. 

So she is coming along.  I also may decide to change the menu select portrait to something different.  I know the one the game supplies is from her load screen from XML but I seem to like a pic I saw on marveldatabase beter.   :)

Here is the pic from marveldatabase I may make into an alternate character select pic.

doesnt her npc character separate steal skin and revert skin? one power could have her change skin, and the other can have her return to her normal skin. I know that would be a waste of an extra power, but morphing is her main power and i would love to be able to control that morphing.  But i totally understand your difficulties with the morphing, my Magik Mod has 3 skin changes and yeah if they criss cross it messes up the games memory and you might get stuck with the new skin instead of the original.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

August 29, 2007, 05:07AM #8 Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 05:17AM by idrinkdrpepper
Are you using a script to change the skin?  I used a morphing script for Mandarin mod, and I've seen similar scripts floating around in other mods.  In that script, I defined a zone variable called "transform" which was set to value 0 if Mandarin wasn't transformed and 1 if Mandarin was transformed.  It was a way of keeping track of whether the power was activated or not.  If you have multiple morphing powers, using the same zone variable may cause conflicts as they will both be using the same tag to store information on whether the power is active.  So, that may be your problem.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that it might be better to not use a script for the morphing power because it's not as easy to tie it into an ability that can be leveled up.  If you need an example of how a character can change skins without a script, look at Human Torch's powerstyle file.

August 29, 2007, 05:10AM #9 Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 05:16AM by Norrin Radd
i know this is off topic, i just have one question:
Quote from: idrinkdrpepper on August 29, 2007, 05:07AM
In that script, I defined a zone variable called "transform" which was set to value 0 if Mandarin wasn't transformed and 1 if Mandarin was transformed.
Was this a predefined zone variable, or was it a new one you created

edit:
ok thanks

I just made up new zone variables.  Here's a copy of the script:

# Generated by BehavEd
# ( "script for shapeshifting power" )
trans = getZoneVar("transform")
dest = getZoneVar("destroyer")
rand_skin = randomInt(1, 5 )
spawnEffectBone("manderin", "bip01 pelvis", "", "", "map/mandarin/monk_puff_spawn", 1 )
if dest == 1
     setInvulnerable("manderin", "FALSE" )
     setZoneVar("destroyer", 0)
endif
if trans == 0
     setZoneVar("transform", 1)
     waittimed ( 0.600 )
     if rand_skin == 1
          setSkin("manderin", "4901")
          setScale("manderin", 1.15)
          awardXPToPlayable(100 )
     elif rand_skin == 2
          setSkin("manderin", "6801")
          awardReputation("", 1 )
     elif rand_skin == 3
          setSkin("manderin", "13404")
     elif rand_skin == 4
          setSkin("manderin", "5601")
     else
          cameraShake(2.000, 2.500 )
          sound (  "PLAY_SOUND", "zone_shared/fx/screen_shake", "", "" )
          setSkin("manderin", "3501")
          setScale("manderin", 1.55)
          setInvulnerable("manderin", "TRUE" )
          setZoneVar("destroyer", 1)
          waittimed ( 30.00 )
          setInvulnerable("manderin", "FALSE" )
     endif

else
     waittimed ( 0.600 )
     setScale("manderin", 1.0)
     setSkin("manderin", "7201")
     setZoneVar("transform", 0)
endif

i dont think he is using script, i think he was using Mystiques natural game given morphing ability.

I am just doing the powerstyle.  I thought of something that may work.  I may attempt to do a hold down power move that has ep/sec.  By releasing the button she reverts back.  I will try it tonight and report back.

You could also try to mimic the code for Mr. Fantastic's Pinball attack (if you have MUA).  It separates the power into three sections - 1. start (initial EP cost, and you would do a skin swap here); 2. loop (EP/second cost); and 3. power end (revert back to normal, where you would switch back to the original skin).  The loop section contains "chain" conditionals, so you could specify that if you press a certain button, Mystique will revert back to her original skin.  If you can code it this way, then the morphing power wouldn't need to be separated into two on and off powers.

Still not working.  I think I may scrap those 2 moves and do 2 new ones in their places. 

1) similar to the confusion but it starts out as an attack and chains as a boost.  So the attack confuses them and the boost will change skin/her ar.  I just have to figure who she should transform into.

2) she transforms into an armored character and boosts her defenses with her ability (she could do this after being exposed to the radiation)  Anybody come accross a good bolton or skin for armor?

I also have to think of another xtreme and have room for one - two more attacks (depends if I do 3 or 4 passives)  The xtreme for attack I want her to cause a massive explosion, I was thinking of her throwing like 20 grenades and detonating them with her guns.  For the extra ability I am going to try adapting cyclops' trap for her.  I am also going to add a possibility to instantly kill an enemy with her first gun move up at levels 16-20.

After she is done I will move onto Black Cat or Phoenix (Rachel Grey)

Black Cat will have her agility and attack based moves (mix of black panther and beast) and possibly her Jinx move as her Xtreme and one ability (I know they don't fit together but how much can I do with choosing one set of the moves or the other)

Phoenix will be easy.  She will have a mix of her own unique moves, Jean Grey's moves, and Dark Phoenix's moves.  To make her more unique I will probably apply the animations for Jean's xtreme from xml1 for her Xtreme.  A question for everybody.  Are Jean's Xml1 boost animations different from her xml2 animations?

X-Man is still in the picture but I just dread doing new skins for him.  Black Cat will be easier to make (black body suit, white hair, black mask, white accents).