Omega Red Mod Release

Started by idrinkdrpepper, August 25, 2007, 07:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: iammingy on October 07, 2007, 04:21PM
I am enjoying this mod, but I found one small problem. Omega Red doesn't use his powers when he's on AI; he only uses his basic melee attacks. Is this intended (just wondering)?
i noticed this as well...
he does use his Vampire Coils every now and then...thow
how are things coming with that badass lookin skin???

I am trying to find another base model because Beast has too much.... fur on his body... lol

If nothing works, then I'll have to do the Evolution costume.

heres another concept that i stumbled across if ur running out of ideas....

looks almost like u could use some of the colossus skin from XML2 even...

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on October 07, 2007, 08:20PM
heres another concept that i stumbled across if ur running out of ideas....

Um... are you teasing me?

Heheheh...nice one 'mingy. I think we can all tell that his favorite Marvel character is Omega Red. Avatar, signature, and all...

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on October 07, 2007, 08:20PM

Or maybe even AoA Sabretooth?

That was along the lines of what I was thinking.

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on October 07, 2007, 07:30PM
Quote from: iammingy on October 07, 2007, 04:21PM
I am enjoying this mod, but I found one small problem. Omega Red doesn't use his powers when he's on AI; he only uses his basic melee attacks. Is this intended (just wondering)?
i noticed this as well...
he does use his Vampire Coils every now and then...thow
how are things coming with that badass lookin skin???

I never paid attention to what the ai were doing.  I guess it has to do with the aitype command in the powerstyle file.  The vampiric coil power is aitype = projectile, and then there's also an aitype = aoe (the cold attack) and aitype = buffself (red armor).  Maybe if you insert aitype = projectilenear in front of the spore power, then the ai would use that power.  I'm not really sure how the ai uses its powers.  Isn't there like an aggressive/defensive setting to ai or something? 

No, the aggresive/passive stuff was in XML2.

If you are gonna update this, could I request that it's slot be moved to line up with the XML2 NPC version? That one uses slot 185XX, with 18501 being the Classic/Official XML2 skin and all other skin slots unused. No reason to have the same skin 2x, me-thinks. You shouldn't even have to decompile the packages, just hex replace "233" with "185". If you can, that'd be great. If not, that is cool too :)

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 07, 2007, 10:38PM
Heheheh...nice one 'mingy. I think we can all tell that his favorite Marvel character is Omega Red. Avatar, signature, and all...
actually Colossus is my favorite...nice guess thow...

VERY nice Mod with innovative graphics and powers. However, IMHO Omega Red is quite overpowered. You might want to consider to raise the cost of his talents substantially and/or maybe give him a (relative high) negative healing factor so he must consume.

Too much damage or too little energy cost?  I think the Omega Cyclone attack might hit twice, so does more damage than I meant for it to do.  If you know how to open .engb files (which you must, since you edited the herostat to include omega red), then you can change things like energy cost or damage by editing the data/talents file.  Just choose numbers that are to your preference and it will automatically update the description in the talent menu.

If you want to edit what percentage damage/energy Omega Red steals with vampiric coils or death factor, then that's different because it's in the data/powerstyle file.

I tried to reduce the damage of Omega Cyclone to 1/10th(!) and he was still killing like crazy. I think the problem isn't the power, but the 100% critical chance if airborne. And the power usually pushes the enemies into the air. And it can be repeated fast enough to catch them in air on the next triggering of the power. Try to get rid of the critical OR introduce some sort of big delay to prevent the abuse. I'd have tried either, but that's beyond my capabilities with the files.

PS: I also think the vampiric coils are overpowered. As long as you are leeching you are 'invulnerable' even if 2 (regular) enemies are attacking you at the same time. And you still get health. IMHO the health conversion should be about 1/3rd of what it is now.

I updated the powerstyle and talent files.  I removed the critical and I reduced the damage to 1/3 of what it was before.  I tested it, and it takes 2-3 (level 1) cyclones to kill helicarrier enemies.  For the vampiric coils, I tried it out and Omega Red is still vulnerable while he's draining life.  I have it set to 200% damage-to-life conversion.  But I was thinking that this power would get less effective as the character leveled up more.

If you want to change it, open the powerstyle file and do a search (CTRL+C) for "damagepercent = 2.0 ;".  The 2.0 is the 200%. 

Also, after editing the powerstyle or talent files, you don't need to start a new game - reloading a saved game is enough.