Adding characters for idiots - A step by step list

Started by Monitor2112, December 04, 2016, 09:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :beast:

Alrighty,

So I'm the idiot...can I get a brief step by step instructions on how to add a character?  For example using the Beast character available in the character library.

I'm not asking for detailed, just a simple run down ala:

1) Unzip Beast.rar to (name of directory)
2) Create a new hud
3) Create new icons
4) Eat 3 red jujubes
5) Sacrifice woman to the gods
6) Profit

etc

Just a list to tell me what steps to take, it'll be up to this idiot...er I mean me, to figure out how to execute each of the steps.

Now the above is only an example of what I am asking for, it is not a list to be followed currently (Unless I somehow managed to guess right on what steps to take and which order in which to take them.)

If there is a thread that covers this in the knowledge base, please point me to it as I didn't see any that did with a cursory glance.
Monitor

Hey :D

There are some tutorials around on adding characters but a lot of them are missing images and stuff that are important.

Personally I would recommend that you use the program Heroselect to add characters. You can download and read about this here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3380.0.html

The first thing you want to do is download that pack and follow the instructions to install it if you haven't already. This pack adds certain characters (the DLC and PSP exclusives) by default and you can choose which heroes you want to have in the game with the Heroselect program. You can also read up on how to add additional characters to the game, i.e. Beast, in the heroselect readme that comes with this pack.

I could summarise the actual steps to add the new character here but I think the readme will do it best.

You can add characters in a different method without using heroselect like in this tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyMIbhKBOc but personally I find that heroselect helps to manage all your mods more efficiently.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. Hit me up if you need any more help and good luck.

December 05, 2016, 03:36PM #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:22PM by Monitor2112
Quote from: superaceman34 on December 04, 2016, 11:29AM
Hey :D

There are some tutorials around on adding characters but a lot of them are missing images and stuff that are important.

Personally I would recommend that you use the program Heroselect to add characters. You can download and read about this here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3380.0.html

The first thing you want to do is download that pack and follow the instructions to install it if you haven't already. This pack adds certain characters (the DLC and PSP exclusives) by default and you can choose which heroes you want to have in the game with the Heroselect program. You can also read up on how to add additional characters to the game, i.e. Beast, in the heroselect readme that comes with this pack.

I could summarise the actual steps to add the new character here but I think the readme will do it best.

You can add characters in a different method without using heroselect like in this tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyMIbhKBOc but personally I find that heroselect helps to manage all your mods more efficiently.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. Hit me up if you need any more help and good luck.

Thank you very much.  Hopefully this should take care of my ignorance.  LOL

Edit: Ain't no joy in the Monitor home.  I click the picture so I can get the 7z file version...it only gives me one option to download, a self extracting file named Official Characters 1.3.exe.  I run the exe file and I get a file of the same name with a  7z extension.  I open 7zip and am told the 7z file is not a real 7z file, and it stops at that point. 

So..either I am more dense than I ever realized or the file hosted is not what it claims to be.

Break time before I beat my head against the desk some more
Monitor

Hi, thanks for this info :), just asking how do you add new skins, huds etc too?

Quote from: droid25 on January 01, 2017, 10:05AM
Hi, thanks for this info :), just asking how do you add new skins, huds etc too?
All that can be found in the knowledge base section.

Will do, just downloading alot of skins, I hope I can replace some with old