Would you recommend getting a PSP or DS?

Started by jonchang, August 26, 2007, 12:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
no way! N64 emulation on PSP?
wonder if i'm still good at wcw vs nwo! haha

I've seen pics that some european programmers are working on a DS MUGEN.  fighters aren't bad at all on the system with touch screen hot keys and stuff like that.  The Shonen Jump games are pretty cool,  and would be a good template for a comic book fighter  (MUCH better than Marvel Nemesis)

I shudder to think what the MUA GBA game is.  there is no way it would be like the real game...
Even the DS Spider-man Friend or Foe was altered quite a bit   (almost two completely different games,  but both were insanely fun)

I can't see the PSP running N64 games very fast though.  Even the Xbox doesn't run all N64 games at speed, only some of them.

True, but the matter's still there. The PSP can't run some SNES games at full speed either (Terranigma is SUCH a huge slowfest...), but that's more due to the weakness of the emulator and the vast difference between the architecture of the processor type of the emulated platform from the hardware we're trying to emulate it on :)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I assume PS1 games run great on the PSP?

Yes, they do if you have a good Custom Firmware.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

"Good" is a relative term. The M33 CFWs are unblameable, so you can assume by default that PS1 games run great. Not all run flawlessly (f.e. if a game used redbook audio, you're gonna see some serious sound glitching and/or overall slowdowns - which iffs me much, because X-COM ain't good without musick), and if a game wholly depends on analog sticks, you're screwed (the official emulator reserves the analog stick of the PSP for emulation of R2, L2 and R2+L2), but still at  the end of the day, you get MGS1, Silent Hill 1, and a lot of other good old stuff lying around in your attic or what-have-you, on the go :)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.