Hank Pym - Genius, Scientist, Inventor... Vendor?

Started by BaconWizard17, January 16, 2017, 05:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was playing Ultimate Alliance today, as I tend to do on weekends and holidays, and I came across something rather interesting. I'm sure many of you are like me, and have played the first few levels of the game a couple dozen or so times, and tend to skip through any dialogue you see. Today, however, as I was chatting it up with good ol' Hank Pym, I stopped to take a sip from my drink as I ended the conversation and saw this:

Now, I've noticed this once before. It doesn't always seem to pop up when you end the conversation (either that, or it's my lack of paying attention). It got me thinking: what if, in an earlier stage of the game, Hank Pym was intended to be a vendor character, such as how Beast and Forge were in the X-Men Legends games. It fits his character; he's very intelligent, much like Beast, and he has a knack for invention, like both Forge and Beast.
I have thought that perhaps this could be Hank being colloquial, but I'd like to hope that he was intended to be the vendor. There'd be no other reason for there to be that many NPCs in the hub.