Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I haven't played it in quite awhile. I have gone on occasionally, when the game actually decides to load for me, and will look and see if there is anything new or any good sales.

I feel like the game had the potential to be great, and at first it was, but they really don't release new content anymore and when they do it takes forever for it to come out. They really only seem to release clone characters, or characters that are very similar to others. They left behind the card game and other games which could have been updated to offer more fun but only seem to get dull after a few plays. And they haven't released a new world since Villainville and even that would be a nice addition to the game.

The game was good fun when it first came out, and then when they overhauled it and added in a bunch of new features it was fun, but now it just seems dry.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

The game is pretty much dead at this point to be honest.

Dear Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Community,
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online launched more than five years ago. Over that time we've released 196 playable characters and 80 missions, along with countless other additions and improvements to the game. We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished, but the time has come for the final update to the game, which comes this week.

The game will be available until January 2017, and there's likely still plenty of content for you to unlock over hours and hours of gameplay. We are cutting Gold and Fractal prices of all Characters by 20%, so you can try out all of it! All Jr. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent benefits remain in force, and everything remains available. We will no longer sell Gold, but we are upping the fractal drop rate, so you should be able to unlock and play everything.

We'd also like to send a huge thank you to all of those who have played and supported SHSO over the past few years. We've had the best time making it, and have especially loved hearing directly from you how many kids, parents, and everyone in between have enjoyed and connected over this game.
Thanks for all the great times,

–The Gazillion Super Hero Squad Online Team

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So sad. :( The game no longer exists, since the website now redirects to Marvel Heroes' site. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, even though the game declined in quality later in its lifetime. Not a bad 6-year run though. It will be missed.

It's impressive it ran that long. Most MMOs that are that specific only last 2-3 years.