Milo's mod - Recolor/retexture skins, Loading Screen, SpiderArmor skin

Started by milo, December 26, 2016, 10:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
updated:

Retexture/recolor skins:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9943.msg191140.html#msg191140

Spider Armor skin:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9943.msg188891.html#msg188891

Hi, it's my first post on this forum. I've made many of loading screen since last 2 years. Now i want to share here. The pics were taken from google. Mostly it was a fan art & concept art. And i'm really sorry i didn't remember the author of those pics, so i can't give credit for specific person. If you ask me why i use cartoon pics, not real pics, bc i want it looks fitted well on the game (all of default loading screen in game use cartoon style too).
*Sorry for my crappy english.

Loading Screen
------------------------

credit : Marvel, JeeHyung Lee, Kabam, Netmarble, and all respective image owner
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

Spider Armor Infinity War skin +hud
Link to this mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mpc5pg3edy36655/Spider_Armor_skin.rar

model converter by:
CaiqueWebSlingerBrazil - SPIDERMAN PACK 2 (2017-02-17) - CIVIL WAR COSTUME

texture by:
https://aditraidaa.deviantart.com/art/Spiderman-Homecoming-Iron-Spider-Variant-727635957
Spiderman Homecoming Iron Spider Variant by AditRaidaa - Robinosuke Ver

----------------------

I just adjust the colour and add glow on the eyes and golden metal parts. I also made hud for this skin.
Highly respect to the original modders, sorry for not ask your permittion before I edited your mod guys.

Regards :)

Hud:

Prev:

-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

Great job! Really great!
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

June 24, 2018, 10:46AM #7 Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:22PM by milo
Hello guys,

I'd like to say thousand words of thanks for all of legends here who made this game never feel outdated with so many amazing mods. I noticed some of converted skins have unrealistic color (too contrast, reddish face, less detail, etc). I'm kinda perfectionist person, so i tweak so many skins by myself to make it look more realistic (at least for me with my computer setting, lol).
I tried to download the raw model which mostly from deviantart. Then i figured out about to combine texture with bump map use gimp settings, and import the retextured setting into converted skin which already made in this forum.

It's time for me to reveal some of retexture/recolor skins, since I already got permittion from Master CaiqueWebSlingerBrazil.

Black Panther - Armored (retexture)
fix note: detailed armor scratch, spandex inner armor effect

Black Panther - Man Without Fear (recolor)
fix note: armor recolor, armor strips

Black Panther - Urban Jungle (retexture)
fix note: Black are on thighs, more shaded armor

Black Panther - Vibranium (recolor)
fix note: more shaded armor, more shiny armor

Hawkeye - Civil War (recolor)
fix note: corrected the reddish face

Hawkeye - AoU (recolor)
fix note: corrected the reddish face

Iron Man - Civil War (retexture)
fix note: more realistic color, shiny effect, glowing bleeding edge effect

Wolverine - X-Force (retexture)
fix note: not too satisfied with the result, i tried to bring costume effect as best as i can, more detailed gloves

credit :
Original skin convert by CaiqueWebSlingerBrazil
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9684.0.html

These look amazing! can you do the armor from Homecoming for Iron Man????

I could KISS you for the Hawkeye face colour fix, that bugged me so much. Awesome work on the others, would love to see more.
Nicely done!  :applause:

Great job Milo! Are these meshes converted, did you use the conventional retexturization method, or did you use any feature of the Alchemy package to do this?

Quote from: andersonbrazil on June 26, 2018, 03:13PM
Great job Milo! Are these meshes converted, did you use the conventional retexturization method, or did you use any feature of the Alchemy package to do this?

Quote from: milo on April 02, 2017, 03:35AM
by the way here i send my formula to apply bump map into a texture using GIMP,
1. I'm sure you know well about these texture

2. In 'bump texture',  select 'colors' -> 'colorize', and set saturation to '0' .

3. Select 'colors' -> 'brightness & contrass', set those to '80' and '74'.

4. The last step, paste that 'bump' into the 'texture', and set the paste mode in 'overlay' .

and, voila... done.
then you can continue to improve it with your own method :)
thank you for all of your feedback here guys.
here is the fastest method which i do using gimp.
to make texture more appear, i repeated this method twice.
but normally for character face is enough to do this method once, and then set the opacity 50% to make the face not look too bumped/shiny.
and for colour tweaking, i use pictures on internet as reference. so yeah, usually i have so many layers for different effect in different body part.

well, i only use gimp and MUAskinner to export my texture into someone's mod.
i use the original source from deviantart, i downloaded the 3d models only to taking those textures (normal & diff texture), because the extracted texture from the converted .igb is already compressed and looks jigged (not good if i modify it and MUAskinner will compress it again).