Polaris Mod

Started by matt710, July 25, 2007, 06:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 25, 2007, 06:13PM Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:12PM by BaconWizard17
I will be doing a Polaris mod and she will be put here.  Her base will be on nodoubt's npc, but I will add more moves and change the skeleton.  The one thing I want to ask is about growth and changing size.  One of her latent powers is that she can channel negative emotion and grow in size and strength.  I want to try to do it as a unique boost.  I know someone did it in MUA but is it even possible in XML2?  Did apocolypse have it?  I really can't remember cause I haven't really played much and did more modding and skinning.

One Skeleton Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?tjnomzidwyn
Two Skeleton Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?1se1ddx93dx

ADMIN NOTE: the 1 skeleton version is much more stable than the 2 skeleton version. It's recommended that you use the 1 skeleton version.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Cant wait for this mod.

i think Juggernaut grows in size for one of his xtremes.  You may be able to steal the code from that.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Ok so far Polaris is very different than her father.  Fist of Nodoubt made her levitation look totally different.  Also besides the levitation she only takes one radial attack, one boost, and one passive from him.  Everything else is completely different from magneto.  Since she has power over the electro, magnetic, and gravitational fields I decided to explore those.  She also gets an xtreme boost that reawakens her latent power and will increase her in size slightly (I want it to look like she is close to 7 ft (not too towering), add attack power and add invulnerability.  I also want to do a shield that will prevent projectiles 100%, which I think is possible if I add the scope line projectile.  She has magnetic healing (which may be dropped I kind of thought about people using magnets and magnetism to heal themselves as an original idea, but it isn't on her real power list)  So anyway her talent file is set up and needs just some tweaking.  Next up her powerstyle.

The DLC Hulk from MUA has a boost where the Hulk actually grows in size and stays at that size for the duration of the boost.

hope you get the shield working, it would be awesome to set up some shield power for future mods.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Sorry everybody I was away for a while and could't work on Polaris.  I am back now and working on her.

Yeah I think the shild should work.  Invisible woman's was too different from XML2 that it probably won't work.  But looking at the dodge passive and magneto's shield we can see similarities.

Dodge Passive from Magneto's Talent file:

powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            attribute = def_dodge ;
            level = %mag_mag_def_pct ;
            scope_attack = projectile ;
            }

Dodge powerup in Magneto's shield:

trigger {
      life = %mag_pol_shield_lif ;
      name = powerup ;
      powerusage = %mag_pol_shield_pwr ;
      time = 0.5 ;
         special_fx {
         effect = char/magnet/p1_aura ;
         }

affecter {
         attribute = def_dodge ;
         level = %mag_pol_shield_pct ;
         }

What I did for Polaris:

trigger {
      life = %pol_pshield_lif ;
      name = powerup ;
      powerusage = %pol_pshield_pwr ;
      time = 0.5 ;
         special_fx {
         effect = char/magnet/p1_aura ;
         }

affecter {
         attribute = def_dodge ;
         level = %pol_pshield_pct ;
         scope_attack = projectile ;
         }

In theory it should work cause passives in the talent files are very similar if not virtually the same as powerstyle boosts.  Lets cross our fingers that it works!!!   :)

the shield worked, I just have to apply to all.  Also all but one move works.  I also want to speed up her levitation end animation and have to play with the growth to make her not be a giant.  But she is in testing now, so screen shots are coming soon.

She is coming along nicely.  Just want to fix 2 things and she just needs icons and more skins. 

1) Fix Projectile Shield so that it looks different from polarity shield.  (Recolored storm's wind armor)

2) Fix levitation lift.  I made it less cause she isn't supposed to have as much lift as magneto in the comics, but she can't even lift a lot of enemies.  So she will have to match him.

Basically I added a lot to the NPC and changed the skeleton.  I slightly altered levitation to have a little more magnetic quality, but only added to the existing effects.  The projectile was completely redone to a beam.  I wanted it to freeze but it wouldn't freeze, then I redid it like Goblin Queen's paralysis and it didn't look good.  So it is now a beam with a similar, but not the same charge and the same hit effect.  Metal debris knockout (her xtreme) wasn't really changed, it just looks different cause she goes to the air to do it.  The blast power didn't change besides animation.  For her 2nd xtreme I also fixed the growth to make her increase by only 18%, making her taller than her teammates but not a giant.  The move now increases attack by 75%, increases height by 18%, makes her invulnerable, and reduces EP consumption (by 25% - 75% depending on her skill level).  She also gets ironman's gravity beam, magneto's radial pull attack, and chain lightning (with magnetic charge).  For boosts she gets magneto's shield (slightly weakend and apply to all), a new projectile shield (100% projectile protection for team), and magnetic healing.  She also gets a few boosts.  She will be released real soon.  First with one skin then with others added later.

Quote from: iammingy on July 25, 2007, 11:17PM
The DLC Hulk from MUA has a boost where the Hulk actually grows in size and stays at that size for the duration of the boost.

Rage is its name.

sounds awesome, so happy you got the shield working.

Preview 1:

Thanks she is done now.  I will release her shortly wo/ extra skins.  They can be added later.

OOps, forgot I have to fix something in the talent file.  Good thing I caught it.  It seems the game doesn't recognize $Magnetic and it messes up descriptions.  Anyway here is a pic.