We got work to do boys! MUA 1 and 2 remaster for PC 7/26/16

Started by DJay Saint, July 25, 2016, 12:21AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26503/sdcc_2016_marvel_ultimate_alliance

I for one, will be coming back and modding hard for this.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

As much as I can yes.  I'm officially back.  Just waiting on the release.

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 25, 2016, 09:49PM
As much as I can yes.  I'm officially back.  Just waiting on the release.
Yay! This is a great opportunity to bring back all of the modders. :storm:

It's now officially released!

Marvel : Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/433320/
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

MUA 1 on Steam :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/433300/
P.S Sadly i didn't have a 20$ right now...
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Everything is packed in .bin files now.  Good times.

I would say don't get your hopes up with the new "remastered" MUA1.  It's basically a trash port.  I haven't looked under the hood yet but at first glance I'm very disappointed.

Which only leaves MUA2 because we never had it on PC before.  But still, .bin packing is just another step we didn't have to do before which means every change to something like a hero powerset requires packing and unpacking .bin files now.  I can't begin to describe how stupid this is.

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 26, 2016, 12:10PM
Everything is packed in .bin files now.  Good times.

I would say don't get your hopes up with the new "remastered" MUA1.  It's basically a trash port.  I haven't looked under the hood yet but at first glance I'm very disappointed.

Which only leaves MUA2 because we never had it on PC before.  But still, .bin packing is just another step we didn't have to do before which means every change to something like a hero powerset requires packing and unpacking .bin files now.  I can't begin to describe how stupid this is.

I can imagine, it's basically double work now lol

It is confirmed (by me) that MUA2 is playable even the files are extracted outside the .bin files.
But unfortunately, I used the pirated version of the game, since I refunded the game yesterday. :p

The extracted files are 7.34 GB and I'll upload them tonight asap if you guys want it..

SO HAPPY MODDING!
:laola:

And since it's from the same developer, then the first remastered version of MUA is playable with the files extracted too.
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on July 28, 2016, 10:48AM
It is confirmed (by me) that MUA2 is playable even the files are extracted outside the .bin files.
But unfortunately, I used the pirated version of the game, since I refunded the game yesterday. :p

The extracted files are 7.34 GB and I'll upload them tonight asap if you guys want it..

SO HAPPY MODDING!
:laola:

And since it's from the same developer, then the first remastered version of MUA is playable with the files extracted too.

That is some amazing news! no more worries about extract-repack method which would've been time consuming

Dj Saint i am very sorry for your loss , i've lost my father too a few months ago.

I wonder if we will be able to create a Colossus mod.

Quote from: Emilio Amaral on July 28, 2016, 05:40PM
I wonder if we will be able to create a Colossus mod.

or make those bosses\not bosses characters playable at least.

I've already got War Machine playable, so that's totally possible. What I want to know is if he can be playable without replacing a character.