MUA1 Bonus Official Loading Screens

Started by Enigma, November 16, 2021, 06:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 16, 2021, 06:48PM Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 12:11PM by Enigma
MUA1 Bonus Official Loading Screens v14.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b69a5avn618vm1l/MUA1_Bonus_Official_Loading_Screens_v14.0.7z/file

Includes 44 loading screens, including many official unused MUA1 loading screens.

*All loading screens are made into IGB files that are 1820x1024 dimensions/SD format. The raw images included are sometimes larger than that, which sometimes require cropping a little to get them to fit properly in the format/dimensions the loading screens require. I've included the fullsized uncropped art because wanted to make sure it was avaiable to people if they wanted it. Any images that were smaller than those dimensions, I have AI Upscaled.

Added the following unused loading screens from art I (or others I've credited) found online:
*Unused MUA1 Captain America and Thor Classic
*Unused MUA1 Captain America and Thor Classic Alternate.
-It's higher quality and expanded on the bottom versus the other version but shorter on the right side. It's too different from the other version to merge them.
*Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 1
-I scanned this from the MUA1 strategy guide, cleaned up, color corrected, and edited to fix its issues.
*Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 2
-This is an unused variant of MUA1's Beta Ray Bill loading screen with a different head and helmet for him, as well as little big on the right edge of his cape. I found it in artist Glen Angus's portfolio. I AI Upscaled the image, cut out the parts that were different, and edited them onto the higher quality used MUA1 version of the image.
*Unused MUA1 Blade Version A
-Versions A and B are different art of Blade with the same sword and on the same background, but version A  was cutoff on the right side, the proportions were a bit off, and there was a very subtle graphical flaw with the empty wall on the middle right of the image (that you wouldn't notice unless you overlayed them on top of each other, which I did). I've fixed all of these issues and AI Upscaled Version A, as it was also smaller.
*Unused MUA1 Blade Version B
-This is a slightly different version from the MUA1 official website. I removed MUA1 logo and replaced the missing parts with parts from Unused MUA1 Blade Version A.
*Unused MUA1 Captain America Ultimate Alternate 1
-An unused and completely different MUA1 Captain America Ultimate loading screen which appears to depict the cut MUA1 World War II level.
*Unused MUA1 Captain America Ultimate Alternate 2
-An alternate version of Captain America's Ultimate loading screen that artist Glen Angus submitted to ImagineFX magazine issue #7 August 2006. I AI Upscaled a pdf version of it.
*Unused MUA1 Captain America WWII Alternate
-This is the artist's original version from his portfolio. It has completely different coloring and part of the left side isn't there, the size of his helmet is larger, and there are some other small differences besides that.
*Unused MUA1 Doctor Doom and Loki
-I've removed the MUA1 logo from a higher quality extended version of this image and then I painted in what was missing. I also AI Upscaled and denoised it. metal venger1 then altered the parts I painted in to blend in better. I then went back and added the rightmost smoke trail on the right side his cape.
*Unused MUA1 Ghost Rider Alternate
*Unused MUA1 Hulk Gray.
-This is one of Hulk's intended loading screens. It was cut when he was cut as a playable character, and although Marvel and Activision used it for promotional purposes for MUA1, it wasn't actually used when he has added back in as DLC for the Xbox 360 version of MUA1.
-The version used in the OCP (as of 12-21-22) is a significantly cut down version. This alternate version is the fullsized image.
*Unused MUA1 Hulk Green.
-This is one of Hulk's intended loading screens. It was cut when he was cut as a playable character, and although Marvel and Activision used it for promotional purposes for MUA1, it wasn't actually used when he has added back in as DLC for the Xbox 360 version of MUA1.
-The version used in the OCP (as of 12-21-22) is a cut down version and the bottom left corner had some things missing. I've edited it to fill/paint in the missing parts covered by the logo in the lower left corner, then I denoised and AI Upscaled it.
*Unused MUA1 Iron Man Ultimate Alternate
-An alternate version of Iron Man's MUA1 Ultimate loading screen taken from artist Glen Angus's portfolio.
*Unused MUA1 Loki Alternate
-This is the version from artist Glen Angus's portfolio.
-I've AI Upscaled it then shrunk it back down and size adjusted.
-It's the same width as the default version but the height is significantly larger.
-Since it's much too tall to get it all in when turning into a loading screen, I've cropped the IGB/in-game version to include the whole helmet, which the default version doesn't.
*Unused MUA1 Mr. Fantastic Alternate 1
-A completely different Mister Fantastic loading screen featuring him in his Original costume from artist Ben Shore's portfolio.
*Unused MUA1 Mr. Fantastic Ultimate Alternate
-An alternate version of Mr. Fantastic's Ultimate loading screen.
-I scanned a partial version of it from my copy of the MUA1 Strategy Guide, and extensively cleaned it up, extensively altered and recolored the MUA1 Retail version of it, merged them together, and repainted multiple sections.
*Unused MUA1 Website Nightcrawler
-This was a wallpaper on the official MUA1 website and is a wider textless version of the art of the cover of Nightcrawler Volume 2 #1.
*Unused MUA1 Prototype Marvel Legends
*Unused MUA1 Stark Tower
-This is the background of the MUA1 Ultimate Iron Man loading screen but without Ultimate Iron Man there.
*Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate
-It features his unused big eyes skin design.
-I've restored it by removing the logos and painting in missing parts, then AI Upscaling it.
*Unused MUA1 The Thing Alternate
-This is more accurate to his Modern skin then the default used version.
-I've repaired it to remove logos and add missing parts, restored, and AI Upscaled this.
*Unused MUA1 Thor Ultimate Alternate
-This is artist's Glen Angus's original version from his portfolio. The head on the left side is completely different and is colored to match the full body image, unlike the default in-game version.
*Unused MUA1 Thor Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue Alternate
-An alternate version of the Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue image from artist Mitch Cotie's portfolio.
*Unused MUA1 Wolverine in the Forest Alternate:
-This version, which is from artist Glen Angus's portfolio, is different in a lot of small ways.
*Unused MUA1 Wolverine Versus Clay Warriors Alternate:
-I used a version with different dimensions to extend the MUA1 Retail version a tiny bit on the left side and a lot on the right side, top, and bottom, painted in missing sections on the top right, bottom right, and top left and denoised it.
-In-game, this means that the cropping is better and it looks better than the MUA1 Retail version thanks to the much needed denoising that cleaned up the image and improved its quality.
*Unused MUA1 360 DLC Venom
-This is from artist Vincent Riley's porfolio. He worked at Shaba Games and work on the Venom DLC was outsourced to them. Mr. Riley made this loading screen for the Venom DLC, and although Activision used it for promotional purposes, it didn't end up being used in MUA1 itself.

Added the following unused full and uncropped versions of the cropped character art used on MUA1's cover:
*Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Small Eyes Full
-I edited this to remove the logo that was on Spider-Man's chest
*Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Big Eyes Full.
-This is the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on the MUA1 Promo Playing Cards cover as well as prerelease versions of MUA1's cover for various platforms. It features Spider-Man with his unused MUA1 big eyes skin.  The shape and details of the head and part of the neck are also different.
-I AI Upscaled and denoised Spider-Man's head from the PSP prerelease box art, edited it on the the small eyes cover I did previously, did some painting to hide the seams.

Added the following unused loading screens that I extracted from MUA1 and AI Upscaled:
*Unused MUA1 Spider-Man, Wolverine Jacket, and Galactus
-The version of Spider-Man on this image is a slightly different version of the big eyed Spider-Man featured on the Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate loading screen.

Added the following MUA1 loading screens in higher quality from the artist's portfolios:
*MUA1 Dark Phoenix Epilogue
*MUA1 Thanos Bad Epilogue

Added the PSP exclusive loading screens that I extracted:
*MUA1 PSP Title Screen
*MUA1 XMB Title Screen
-I replaced the MUA1 logo with a higher quality version

Added the followed PS3 exclusive loading screens that I extracted:
*MUA1 PS3 XMB Title Screen

Added the following versions of MUA1 loading screens that I remade:
*MUA1 Main Menu Red (Remade)
-The version used in MUA1 is at a smaller resolution than the other loading screens, so I recolored the higher resolution blue version of this to match the color of the red version.

Added the following high quality versions of MUA1 Promo Playing Cards which I turned into loading screens:
*MUA1 Doctor Doom Promo Card
*MUA1 Elektra Promo Card
-I removed an advertising slogan from it.
*MUA1 Silver Surfer Promo Card
-I softened the left edge of it, since it cuts off abruptly due to not being designed for widescreen.
*MUA1 Spider-Man Promo Card
*MUA1 Wolverine Promo Card

The following have black bars on the sides because they aren't widescreen images:
*Unused MUA1 Prototype Marvel Legends
*Unused MUA1 Stark Tower
*Unused MUA1 Website Nightcrawler

Added the following from other games:
*Call of Duty Vanguard Captain America
*Fortnite Carnage

**In the "Images I Used" folder I have included all the art I found, as well as the upscales I did and any edits I had to make to them, because finding these at all was a lengthy, time consuming, and incredibly difficult scavenger hunt, and I don't want others to have to do that if they want to use this art for something. Feel free to use it for whatever you want. Just credit for me it. I worked really hard to find all this stuff.

Notes/Research Results:
*My research has shown that work on Venom for the MUA1 DLC was given to fellow Activision-owned studio Shaba Games, who were working on Spider-Man Web of Shadows at the time. Artist Vincent Riley made Venom's loading screen and character models. Venom's loading screen was also released as official wallpaper with the MUA1 logo on it.
*Both of Hulk's loading screens (the green one and the grey one) are official and were both released as official wallpaper with the MUA1 logo on them.

Credits
*tubular_spaceman: for the COD Vanguard Captain America and Fortnite Carnage images, feedback
*Klexos: Better quality MUA1 Logo
*ak2yny = finding the unused MUA1 Mr. Fantastic Original loading screen
*metal venger1 = finding unused alternate Hulk, Spider-Man, Thing loading screens which I repaired and restored; finding alternate Hulk Gray loading screen, version of Wolverine Versus the Clay Warriors with different dimensions that I repaired and restored, noticing that this version of Wolverine in the forest from artist Glen Angus's portfolio is different in a lot of small ways, finding the higher quality extended version of Unused Doctor Doom and Loki that I removed the MUA1 logo from and altering what I did to blend in better, suggestions to improve Unused Blade Version A, finding out unused alternate Captain America Ultimate 2 loading screen existed

**Changelog:
*v2.0:
-Added the following new loading screens: Unused MUA1 Ghost Rider Alternate, Unused MUA1 Captain America WWII Alternate (This is the artist's original version from his portfolio. It has completely different coloring and part of the left side isn't there and was presumably added later), Unused MUA1 Thor Ultimate Alternate (This is the artist's original version. The head on the left side is completely different and is colored to match the full body image, unlike the in-game version.), Unused MUA1 360 DLC Venom Alternate (This is the artist's original version, which has much different coloring), PSP Title Screen,

-Added the following versions of in-game loading screens based on higher quality sources from artists' portfolios: MUA1 Thanos Bad Epilogue,

**Changelog:
*v3.0:
-Added Unused MUA1 Classic Captain America and Thor
-Added Unused MUA1 Mr. Fantastic
-Added Unused MUA1 Website Nightcrawler
-Added Unused MUA1 Spider-Man, Wolverine Jacket, and Galactus
-Added MUA1 PSP XMB Title Screen

**Changelog:
*v4.0:
-Added Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate, which I scanned from the MUA1 strategy guide, cleaned up, color corrected, and edited to fix its issues.
-Redid Unused MUA1 360 DLC Venom Alternate because I had the dimensions wrong

**Changelog:
*v5.0:
-I've repaired (to remove logos and add missing parts), restored, and AI Upscaled the following: Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate, Unused MUA1 The Thing Alternate

**Changelog:
*v6.0:
-Added Unused MUA1 Mister Fantastic Alternate. I scanned a partial version of it from my copy of the MUA1 Strategy Guide, and extensivly cleaned it up, extensively altered and recolored the MUA1 Retail version of it, merged them together, and repainted multiple sections.

December 21, 2022, 03:38PM #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 06:32PM by Enigma
**Changelog:
*v7.0:
-Added Unused MUA1 Hulk Gray Alternate. The version used in the OCP (as of 12-21-22) is a significantly cut down version. This alternate version is the fullsized image.
-Added Unused MUA1 Hulk Alternate. The version used in the OCP (as of 12-21-22) is a cut down version and the bottom left corner also has some minor things missing. I've edited it to fill/paint in the missing parts covered by the logo in the lower left corner, then I denoised and AI Upscaled it.

**Changelog:
*v7.1:
-Replaced Unused MUA1 Hulk Gray Alternate with a slightly larger version.
-Updated paragraph at start of documentation to make things a little more clear as to what I've done with the dimensions of the images versus the dimensions of the loading screen IGB files.

**Changelog:
*v8.0:
*Added MUA1 Wolverine Versus Clay Warriors Alternate: I used a version with different dimensions to extend the MUA1 Retail version a tiny bit on the left side and a lot on the top and bottom, painted in missing sections on the bottom right, and top left, remove the logo in the top right and painted in what was missing, and denoised it.

December 23, 2022, 04:05PM #9 Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:30PM by Enigma
**Changelog:
*v9.0
-Added Unused MUA1 Loki Alternate. This is the version from artist Glen Angus's portfolio. I've AI Upscaled it then shrunk it back down and size adjusted. It's the same width as the default version but the height is significantly larger. Since it's much too tall to get it all in when turning into a loading screen, I've cropped the IGB/in-game version to include the whole helmet, which the default version doesn't.
-Redid and improved my changes to Unused MUA1 Blade Version B.
-I've tried to adjust the names and descriptions to make it more clear what some of these are.
-Redid readme to be easier to read.

**Changelog:
*v10.0
-Added Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man Full. This is the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on MUA1's cover.

**Changelog:
*v11.0
-Added MUA1 PS3 XMB Title Screen. This is the wallpaper that appears on the PS3 version's XMB when you highlight the game.
-Added Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Big Eyes Full. This is the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on the MUA1 Promo Playing Cards cover as well as prerelease versions of MUA1's cover for various platforms. It features Spider-Man with his unused MUA1 big eyes skin. The shape and details of the head and part of the neck are also different. I AI Upscaled and denoised Spider-Man's head from the PSP prerelease box art, edited it on the the small eyes cover I did previously, did some painting to hide the seams.
-Fixed issues with loading screens appearing colorswapped in-game.

**Changelog:
*v12.0
-Added Unused MUA1 Captain America and Thor Classic Alternate. It's higher quality and expanded on the bottom but shorter on the right side. It's too different from the other version to merge them.

-I did an improved version of Unused MUA1 Blade Version A. Versions A and B are different art of Blade with the same sword and on the same background, but version A  was cutoff on the right side, the proportions were a bit off, and there was a very subtle graphical flaw with the empty wall on the middle right of the image (that you wouldn't notice unless you overlayed them on top of each other, which I did). I've fixed all of these issues and AI Upscaled Version A, as it was also smaller.

-I've removed the MUA1 logo from a higher quality and extended version of Unused MUA1 Doctor Doom and Loki and then I painted in what was missing. I also AI Upscaled and denoised it. metal venger1 then altered the parts I painted in to blend in better. I then went back and added the rightmost smoke trail on the right side his cape.

**Changelog:
*v13.0:
-Added Unused MUA1 Captain America Ultimate Alternate 2. The other Captain America Ultimate one has been renamed to Unused MUA1 Captain America Ultimate Alternate 1.
-Added Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 2. Other Beta Ray Bill one has been renamed to Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 1.
-Unused MUA1 Iron Man Ultimate Alternate.
-Added MUA1 PS3 XMB Title Screen.
-Added Unused MUA1 Thor Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue Alternate.
-Added a remade version of MUA1 Main Menu Red.
-Added high quality versions of the MUA1 Promo Cards of Doctor Doom, Elektra, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, and Wolverine, which I turned into loading screens.
-Renamed Unused MUA1 Mister Fantastic Alternate 1 to Unused MUA1 Mister Fantastic Original since he's in his original costume and renamed Unused MUA1 Mister Fantastic Alternate 2 to Unused MUA1 Mister Fantastic Ultimate Alternate.

**Changelog:
*v14.0:
-Replaced previous version of Unused MUA1 Captain America Ultimate Alternate 2 with a PDF version from the original magazine which I AI Upscaled.