Most Disappointing character(s)

Started by cavillac, December 11, 2007, 10:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
if you ask me his granade attack looks alot like nitrogen blast form XML2

It is. Grenade Toss is the fast version of Nitrogen Blast.

I was actually very disappointed with Iceman, I think they could have done better with him. I was also upset with Mr. Fantastic, everytime I play his comic mission, I get bored and aggitated, I just think his powers aren't as good as they Should be. I don't care for Mr. Fantastic at all, but I know they could have done better with him.

My list is kinda large, so here it goes.

Blade really really sucks. He's a very cool comic character, and hell, Wesley Snipes made him flesh and bone in the movies. But he has no real good attacks, and the only way he worked as a passable character was using Blood of The Warrior and mashing the attack button away. Crap.

Spider-Woman is okay, unless you face energy resistant enemies, then she is useless. Honestly, I don't like characters that are completely lame on certain circunstances. Besides, I wasn't a great fan of her either.

Storm is another okay character. I use her just because I like X-Men. Back on XML1, the game gets quite challenging if you leave Storm and Jean Grey on the bench. Storm's Lightning Strike then struck multiple enemies, for huge damage, and stunned them for a little while when they get shocked. But now, she is just another playable character.

The same goes for Colossus. Hell, on XML1 I took around 3k dmg on the Master Mold using his first power, at maximum, with a critical hit. Then on XML2, he was crap. He is less crappier on MUA, serving some purpose, but still he is rather weak compared to the comics.

I'm not a big fan of Cage either. Though he is good at mobbing with Drill Bit, I don't like the looks of him and he doesn't fit the vibe of the game. Many other more classical and liked characters could've joined, like Iron Fist.

Also, the Human Torch looks older than Mr. Fantastic. A LOT older. I don't like the FF4 much, except for the Thing.

Deadpool also seemed like another button masher to me, though he is an exceptionally fun character to play with because of the dialogs.

I think The Punisher should've make it to the game cast. He could sub in say, Nick Fury. Or Blade, since he sucks bad.

The other characters are fun to play with, though some are extremely powerful. Iron Man is my main boss killer. Plasma Disc is really really cheap. Does huge damage and kills bossess very easily. Thor's Hammer Toss is a very cheap crowd control. So is Polar Explosion from Iceman. Guess they needed to focus more on balance, and place the Silver Surfer as an unbalaced, overpowered character, just for gaming leisure. Ah well, go figure.

Peace y'all.

QuoteAlso, the Human Torch looks older than Mr. Fantastic. A LOT older.

You can load the PS2 models of the Human Torch and he looks much younger.  For some reason a few of the characters look totally different between the last gen (PS2/Xbox/Wii) and next-gen (PC/PS3/360) versions of the game.  (Yes, I know the Wii isn't last gen, but it was built using those assets)

Quote from: RogueDW331 on April 24, 2008, 09:16AM
I was also upset with Mr. Fantastic, everytime I play his comic mission, I get bored and aggitated, I just think his powers aren't as good as they Should be. I don't care for Mr. Fantastic at all, but I know they could have done better with him.
Yeah, i was a bit disappointed with him too. He could have cooler moves, for example a special double-jump move.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

Spider-Woman
Luke Cage
Black Widow
Ronin

Why? Black Widow is pretty effective. Knife Bomb and Controlled Burst, along with the Red Dawn boost...

Hey! Maybe I just don't like her? Therefore in my eyes, nay in my opinion, she is disappointing to me.

Seems everyone hates Blade, Luke Cage, Colossus, and Spider-Woman...

Elektra. She was absolutely horrible and useless

:sigh:.....im sad to admit it but im disapointed with spider-man...almost all his powers are lame and hes not that strong and whenever i use his extreme it doesn't work, i hit no body!!!!but for some reason hes always on my team, lol :p. Oh, and im thinking about switching out invisible woman for storm on my roster. I know ill lose 50 rep points though which is why im asking. Should i switch out now or wait until next rep lvl up??
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

and Elektra.

I'd recommend you keep Invisible Woman. Telekinesis is an invaluable technique, and her shielding and invisibility are what sustains her health. Plus, she has a rapidtap Kinetic Bolts ability, and crowd control with Kinetic Surge.

Spidey's Xtreme only hangs regular enemies (not big ones) upside down on a web. I agree it is the crappiest and most disappointing Xtreme for the biggest icon in Marvel Comics.

i think i didnt exactly say what i meant. I have storm on my team and instead i want invisible woman. Should i wait or switch her out now???
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

The most disappointing character, hands down, is Silver Surfer. You go through ridiculous amounts of trouble to get him (unless you cheat), and he doesn't have the Power Cosmic by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, he probably doesn't even have the Power Mundane. I mean, he's got a surfboard, but that was a given.