New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: iammingy on April 06, 2007, 12:57PM
For those who don't have an XBOX360, you can see (online) or download the "On the Spot - 04/05/07" here:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6168698&pid=undefined
You must be a gamespot member in order to download it and the size of the clip is 441.5MB. You can see the new characters at 45:29.

"Will this content pack come out on any other platforms?"
"Possibly... PS3?..."

That just sounds like pure speculation, they're sayin they MIGHT release it for other platforms.  If this is true then they'd be fools not to put PC on the list of possible ports.

Geuss i'll have ta shell out a couple bucks if i wanna see the X360 version in all it's beautiful glory. :)

Don't take it so seriously...haha
That guy is not from Activision, I think he's one of the editors from GameSpot. :P

Quote from: iammingy on April 06, 2007, 10:29PM
Don't take it so seriously...haha
That guy is not from Activision, I think he's one of the editors from GameSpot. :P
Yeah i thought he was from activison at first but then i realized he was just an editor.

Still i see no reason for them to hold out bringing DLC to PC aswell as other consols.  So what the game sold more copies on X360 but it's not like it'd cost em an insane amount of money to port those 8 characters to other platforms.  It's all laziness from Activsion thinkin they can milk more money of the X360 game.

why not start a petition here to request Activision release a
pc version as well? id pay $20+ for one.

Because petitions never work.  Honestly it's just better to let us port the stuff.

I wonder if any of the devs actually roam these boards?  If they do, they know it seems exteremely difficult to port the 360 stuff.  *shrugs*  Yeah, we'll port it eventually, but it may take a while.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Well, odds are the anims are still compatible, as will be engbs and xmlbs, so that leaves the models and sound.  Models could be re-made by Tommy just like Hawkeye, etc.  The textures could be ripped for further accuracy.  So then we get stuck with sound.

And 4 of em are XML2 reuses, so the only sounds were f'd with are menu callouts/breaks and Venom/Doom/Hawkeye/Hulk. And Doom likely has a resonable amount of sounds, so that just leaves the 3.

That's true.  And the only new mesh we would need is Venom.  Tommy has a Hulk mesh.  Though getting the Hulk's textures for Tommy to map to his mesh would be nice.

April 07, 2007, 01:53PM #144 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:55PM by Jedted
No offense guys i think the whole endevour is great but there's so many complications i'd rather buy the X360 version and get those characters that way.  Plus with the X360 ya can still play old saves with the new characters. :)

It'll be interesting to see which comes first though.  The Mod or the Offical DLC port, IF they plan on porting the DLC to PC.

I have no hope for official releases for PC...They have no intention of releasing anything for PC...

If they end up doing an official DLC port for the PC, that will almost definitely come before our mod, as porting from the X360 is bound to take a while to do, and for them to port to the PC would take almost nothing, since they have everything they need to begin with.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

April 09, 2007, 03:44AM #147 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:07AM by durfal
VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!

My 360 game just got updated!
Before the Hero and Villain Pack Arived they put recognisable Silhouettes already on the Hero Selection screen and you can see who comes where.
They did this of course so people want to buy the hero and villain packs.
On the right site the heroes (blue silhouettes) and on the left the Villains (red silhouettes).
They made an enhightment(sp?) behind the existing heroes, so they all rise above the existing heroes.
The selection arrows already touch them but you get the name "Hero Pack" and "Villain Pack".
From left to right is goes now.

Moon Knight
Dr.Doom
Ms Marvel
Sabretooth
Dr Strange
Magneto
Ghost Rider
Silver Surfer
Venom
Daredevil
the rest the same until
Blade
Hulk
Colossus
Elektra
Iceman
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Cyclops
Nick Fury
Nightcrawler
Deadpool
Spiderwoman

The Hulk rises above everybody. His Face is even above Colossus' 
This means that the files for more places on the Character selection are already there now I suppose (?)

Furthermore they shifted the existing possitions a little bit. Moon Knight is now full on screen and not half anymore.
The heroes are not standing closely next to other there is more space between them and they stand in a more zigzag patern (sort of). Maybe they are a bit smaller. Not sure though about this.

Also when selecting the new characters now you go to the dl area for them on X-Box Live (not there yet though).

Hmm my game I was playing is acting a bit strange now after the update.
The items you get give some very stange bonussus now. Probably a glich.
I got bonussus for the new chacters on my old ones (very weird). And the ones you already had are now for another character.
Deadpool got 2 to Bamf Flurry (nightcrawlers no doubt)an all his powers and costumes get 3 free blue dots(?)
Thor suddenly has Thing's Belt with 3 optic Stream (Cyclops I suppose) Even 4 free blue dots.
Storm got Spider Woman's Belt with 2 to Doom Arc (Dr.Dooms without a doubt)with 3 free blue dots.

Very strange. Have to try a new game to see if this is in there too.

the item glitch is probably due to the existing item glitch where items somehow take on powers of other items, and it is definitely related to the personal items going into play..

looks like this Patch is the most important thing to understand the lineup change..