New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, however noting that -- we still can assume that the game was built in basic modules, with platform-specific modules being swapped in and out.  And, if it was that means that modules that store variables like max_heroes for example would be global.  How it was compiled is irrelevant so long as we know the general location of where the variables are stored.

Finally watched the trailer @ Marvel.com.
Is it me or are the new guys (that's everyone besides Doom) really so incredibly, shamelessly, screwed-uppily LOW-POLY and decent-bump-map-less? Sheesh.
That and Cyke's optic blasts are orange for some odd and unexplainable reason...

The good news is that the voices of Cyke and Mags sound different from the XML2 sets, but seem to have been done by the same actors. To top it off... What surprise are they promising for May, eh? Anyone wanna venture a guess here?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on April 11, 2007, 12:21AMTo top it off... What surprise are they promising for May, eh? Anyone wanna venture a guess here?

Umm ... the actual content?   :laugh:

MUA2, w/ an entirely new cast (NO reused chars) and no character limit.

Oh well, a guy can dream....

this is the article http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.951?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=main+graphic&utm_medium=graphic+text+link&utm_content=%2Fnews%2Fvgstories.951
my guess for May? the SAME downloadables for PS3.
i will be impressed if they provide 8 new/converted characters for PS3

Maybe even a port for PC?

Nah, they're saying it's a surprise for those who DON'T own MUA at all.

In other news, the Marvel TCG is supposed to come to the PC come June...
Which will be a perfect source of graphical resources for us, with the lotsa art it's s'posed to contain and all...

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on April 11, 2007, 07:11AM
Nah, they're saying it's a surprise for those who DON'T own MUA at all.

In other news, the Marvel TCG is supposed to come to the PC come June...
Which will be a perfect source of graphical resources for us, with the lotsa art it's s'posed to contain and all...

Hmm that sounds interesting. Who is actually making the game?

The TCG? Konami. The PSP version was released at the turn of this month; the PC port will be the only one made and it will supposedly come in June.

Crimson Dynamo says:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/activision/problems-with-marvel-ua-xbox-dlc-251407.php

QuoteSo April 10th has come and gone, and the new characters for Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the Xbox 360 are a no-show, despite the date emblazoned on the preview trailer I posted yesterday. Said trailer has since been pulled from Xbox Live Marketplace.

On top of that, the game forums are filled with folks complaining that the pre-DLC patch has damaged their save games. Nothing far too drastic, mind you, but people are finding that the rare items saved to their characters have had their abilities changed at random.

Lol, so it seems our complaints against the gaming engine aren't completely unfounded... especially if the original developers are having issues.

XD
You think they decided to re-think their stance on rushing shtuff into action? This is quite the PR flop, considering they've already moved the DLC date twice over...

Crimson Dynamo says:

A guess would be that its really hard to do without giving up important info that can be used else where.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: THX on April 11, 2007, 12:44PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/activision/problems-with-marvel-ua-xbox-dlc-251407.php

QuoteSo April 10th has come and gone, and the new characters for Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the Xbox 360 are a no-show, despite the date emblazoned on the preview trailer I posted yesterday. Said trailer has since been pulled from Xbox Live Marketplace.

On top of that, the game forums are filled with folks complaining that the pre-DLC patch has damaged their save games. Nothing far too drastic, mind you, but people are finding that the rare items saved to their characters have had their abilities changed at random.

Lol, so it seems our complaints against the gaming engine aren't completely unfounded... especially if the original developers are having issues.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Activision got pwnt.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Raven Software, actually.

I know it's Raven who develops the game, but whenever a developer is behind, their publisher also takes a bad wrap.  So, is the content actually out yet, and just doesn't work, or has the content been postponed?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.