Other games people play and mod?

Started by cvc, April 04, 2008, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 04, 2008, 05:24AM Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:51AM by cvc
Just curious because we all are gamers,and wondering?

[edit]sorry about the (are--or) misspell been up all night thanks for the repair.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Could you run that one by me again? I fail to understand what "are mod" in the thread title means :)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Maybe he meant AND mod.  In that case:

Star Wars Battlefront / Star Wars Battlefront II.  I'm the project lead for the Star Wars Battlefront Conversion Pack at gametoast.com

Unreal Championship II (Xbox).  Created a mod that allow the DLC (which is free, but for those who don't have live...) to be activated without downloading the patch

Star Wars: Jedi Academy.  Worked for a small time on the Open Jedi Project.  I added options to menus (I think I'm the only one that ever worked extensively on menus, but some of my stuff never got released).

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.  Project Lead for Rogue Squadron CTF (downloadable at massassi.net

Currently working on:
-Guitar Hero customization.  They just 100% unlocked the ability to add and remove files, so I'll be porting over 80's Edition and GH1 characters for my personal use

-Karaoke Revolution (Xbox) customization.  Same deal as above, except this time I'm only adding songs

-The SWBF Conversion Pack (as mentioned above)

-X-Men Legends II: SE (Xbox) -- see the XML2 Xbox mod thread

-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance: SE (Xbox) -- See the MUA SE Xbox thread

-X-Men Legends: SE (Xbox) -- I'm just inserting Angel and adding skins.

Quote from: Noelemahc on April 04, 2008, 05:48AM
Could you run that one by me again? I fail to understand what "are mod" in the thread title means :)
Fixed.

And I play and Mod Freedom Force, and Mount And Blade.
I play other stuff too, but tend not to Mod much else (or at least to release it if I do).

Oh. Wow. I play a lot of play, but I seldom mod. Usually the extent is limited to modifying sound and music more to fit my liking. MUA/XML and this site was my big jump into the actual Big League of Doing Stuff That's Worth Something, y'know?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I am not a big modder... just limit myself to skinning which is the part i really like... i don't have patince to learn the rest ^^

I have skinned for:

Age of Empires
Age of Empires: Age of Kings
Jedi Knight Outcast
Jedi Knight Academy
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (just started skinning this game^^)

I think that's about it...

Cheers^^

April 04, 2008, 10:07AM #6 Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:13AM by iammingy
Honestly, I have never done any modding for any games other than Marvel Ultimate Alliance. In fact, I have never installed any mods for other games. ^^"|| It's my first time participating in a modding community. It's mainly because I like this game so much and I really think the game needs more content. :D It's also my first time re-skinning models and stuff, using image-editing programs to a whole new level...

I have mostly dealt with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but some of the other games I have modded are...

-Starwars Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
-Starwars Battlefront 1-2
-Starwars Republic Commando
-Currently attempting Ultimate Spiderman

The first game for which I created (and successfully exported) my first complete character models is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
The only game I've modded before is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, for which I made a mod of Joruus C'Baoth and a few lightsabers as well. I've also tried exporting models for Jedi Knight II, but I failed because I wasn't experienced enough by that time.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

@Overload good luck with that Ultimate Spiderman I had very limited luck but only worked on it a couple of hours to prove you could have carnage instead of venom but it is possible...

Thanks CVC! Really? You got Carnage in..I was trying to get beetle in so I could fly around but no luck so far..have to have a day where I just mod Ultimate Spiderman lol

April 07, 2008, 05:11AM #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:14AM by Midnight Curse
Quote from: Teancum on April 04, 2008, 07:25AM
Maybe he meant AND mod.  In that case:

Star Wars Battlefront / Star Wars Battlefront II.  I'm the project lead for the Star Wars Battlefront Conversion Pack at gametoast.com

Unreal Championship II (Xbox).  Created a mod that allow the DLC (which is free, but for those who don't have live...) to be activated without downloading the patch

Star Wars: Jedi Academy.  Worked for a small time on the Open Jedi Project.  I added options to menus (I think I'm the only one that ever worked extensively on menus, but some of my stuff never got released).

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.  Project Lead for Rogue Squadron CTF (downloadable at massassi.net

Currently working on:
-Guitar Hero customization.  They just 100% unlocked the ability to add and remove files, so I'll be porting over 80's Edition and GH1 characters for my personal use

-Karaoke Revolution (Xbox) customization.  Same deal as above, except this time I'm only adding songs

-The SWBF Conversion Pack (as mentioned above)

-X-Men Legends II: SE (Xbox) -- see the XML2 Xbox mod thread

-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance: SE (Xbox) -- See the MUA SE Xbox thread

-X-Men Legends: SE (Xbox) -- I'm just inserting Angel and adding skins.

Quite a lot of Xbox stuff you got there, Teancum! Your Star Wars stuff look wikid!

BTW, I've found out a site where mods from different games come from, but here's the Battlefront 2 one:

Click.

I read somewhere (don't quote) that the powers to be are giving a unreal engine license to a modder for best mod.(not sure where)

Quote from: Midnight Curse on April 07, 2008, 05:11AM
Quite a lot of Xbox stuff you got there, Teancum! Your Star Wars stuff look wikid!

BTW, I've found out a site where mods from different games come from, but here's the Battlefront 2 one:

Click.

It's a total noob-fest there.  Everyone's always complaining about how something doesn't work right when they didn't read the installation instructions, they vote these "I spent five minutes on it" maps really high, and large-scale quality mods much lower.  I avoid that place unless it's necessary to go there.

i have moded gta san andreas, sims2, pokemon fire red, and sonic 2 battle2, for pc.