New Skirmish/Sim Missions?

Started by thetommyboy2002, February 11, 2007, 08:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been messing around trying to add new Simulator missions, and have almost immediately come up against problems.
Like:
It only "sees" one new mission, all subsequent ones are ignored, is it yet another hard coded limit? Probably.
What I did was copy whole one mission down to the bottom and rename it. No other changes. This worked.
So I did it again, and the second, third, fourth times its ignored in the mission select menu. Doesnt appear.
Poo. I'll start looking for likely places a limit may be, but based on past experience, its probably in the game.exe.
Next, if you alter the villain, or any of the spawners within a working mission, you just get "defaultman", regardless of who you substitute in. So it may be certain vilains only appear on certain maps.
More poo.
I have to go out now, but I'll mess around some more when I get back later.   

There are a couple of files you must edit to get a working mission. It took me a little while, but I got a Colossus mission working (except the boss, but that's because I didn't define her in simulator)

You gotta get 3 convos set up in conversations/sim/charname
You gotta set up cmcharname in packages/generated/simulatins
And you gotta set up a map in maps/sim/simchars
And, of course, you gotta edit the simulator. :P

BTW, I'm sure I missed something, this is just what I remember off-hand.

Don't forget to alter all the releveant packages, especially if we're talking of the PSP missions as these use unique handlers and, thusly, brand-new packages have to be created even for Iron Man and Elektra.
Then it's the matter of defining the handler for this character in the npcstat, checking the consistency of the powerstyle with what you've listed in the npcstat... This sounds like a nightmarish amount of work, ackshully.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I WAS talking about my old Colossus mission, but I would be willing to try to get the PSP missions working if I could get the npcstat, the simulator, and any preexisting files. And I'm talking the char ones, the survival ones (which are on different maps!) are a subject for another day.

PS: Are the survival ones' different maps preexisting ones, or entirely new ones? Anyone know?

Here you go, sorry to keep you waiting: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PSPStuffX.rar
This also has the survivals so you'd be able to look at them intently and tell us news about the map issue :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

No biggie. :P The thing that has me worried is the possibility of a limit on the number of missions.

Thanks for the files.

Any chance you can also up ps_elektraboss and ps_bossironman?

PS: There are a LOT of new characters: all sorts of SHIELD agents and what have you. They are mostly just renamed doom bots and what have you. :-X

The ps's are supposed to be inside of the comic mission FBs, dude. EVERYTHING is in the FB, you gotta learn to trust the FB :D The FBs are such a comfortable (and overly REDUNDANT) way of storing stuff that I'm almost afraid of them :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

I'm always underestimating the fbs. I must have fbphobia :D

I don't see them, though. I'll have to keep looking.

Bossironman is in Black Widow's, obviously. It's an XMLB, not an ENGB, just so's you know. Offset 0x155d3d.
Same for Elektraboss and Ronin's file. Offset 0x14f8ee.

Crimson Dynamo says:

I don't understand. It's probably my hex editor, but I can't use that offset. It won't register in either text as hexidecimal values.

I'm sorry, this probably seems obvious to you. I'm dumb, I know.

Okay, decimal versions are, respectively, 1400125 and 1374446. I can't really imagine why you would have troubles with the above offsets. I mean, even Notepad finds the needed lines after you input "bossironman" in the search string.

Crimson Dynamo says:

February 11, 2007, 01:25PM #12 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:42PM by BliZZ
Doy. Feck me. Unicode Latin was checked. :P

Edit: Alright, we DO need entirely new maps for the survival missions. And they are NOT in the fbs, I checked. Thoroughly.

Perhaps there are fbs containing them in packages/generated/maps ?

Maps needed:
survivor_heli
survivor_omega
survivor_murder
survivor_asgard
survivor_skrull
survivor_mephisto

February 11, 2007, 04:59PM #13 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:31PM by BliZZ
And... I also only get one mission. Damn. At least it works. I still need to make packages for some of the scrubs, but if I fixed IM, then Elektra, Swordy, and SSkrull should all work. And BWidow's is the only one with new scrubs, so the other 3 missions should work completely. Too bad I can't test em. :-X

(Don't question BlankMan, I use him as a place-holder. Imagine Stark beating on Ultimate Widow, the traitor!)

EDIT: I figured out a way to test them: put them above the next gen missions.

TA-DA!

Off to test.

Well, my custom, new mission is coming along.
Rather than have lots of small-fry canon-fodder, I'm sticking loads of villains in, in the hope of getting a random mission generator to work.
But there are some oddities.
Some characters just aren't "liked", and always end up as defaultman, no matter what (ie Wrecker, Rhino).
Other characters have a "blue healthbar" that cannot be damaged.
Most others work fine, but Mandarin alone tends to take down my whole team. I may remove him.
If I can figure out how to eliminate the bugs, I'll upload it at some point.