Spidey's Character icons (Not sure how to fix banshee...)

Started by the amazing spiderman, June 13, 2008, 06:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Good! You can try removing the black background, that will give you only the red smiley!

uuhhhhh......lol, how would i go about doing that?
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

If your red smiley is on a new layer, then you just delete the black background layer at the bottom.

If you drew the red smiley on top of the black background, then you can select the black areas with a magic wand thingy (not sure what it's called in GIMP) and delete them.

June 13, 2008, 11:11PM #18 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:07PM by the amazing spiderman
i didnt do it well, but i understand. Thanks alot for all the help =). oh, and here it is:

EDIT:wait, what???i did what u said, but the background all of a sudden the background turned black???

It should be something like this:

It's not animated. I only modified one frame VERY quickly. I did it in Ulead GIF Animator though...

June 13, 2008, 11:35PM #20 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:21PM by the amazing spiderman
yay!!i fixed it(i knew what it should have looked like)!!i guess i uploaded it b4 it saved, cause i uploaded it as soon as i clicked save as GIF. but here it is(once again its very crappy, but i get the point):

EDIT:im not going to start working on icons for the characters untill at least the 22nd. untill then im going to be posting some smileys. any suggestions? right now im working on a smiley rolling his eyes.

EDIT:rolling eyes smiley: i know that the background isnt exactly clear, but im probly going to leave it like that untill i start making hero smileyes.
oh, and what do ya think?

EDIT:latest and greatest!!!:

thx =) heres another one . Its supposed to be kinda like colosus, but the bulluts at the end ended up looking like sperm, not bullets, lol

Quote from: the amazing spiderman on June 14, 2008, 11:17AM
thx =) heres another one . Its supposed to be kinda like colosus, but the bulluts at the end ended up looking like sperm, not bullets, lol

Good job, you did it! :)

June 14, 2008, 12:25PM #24 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:18PM by the amazing spiderman
yep! but im not very good at creating faces. Fortunetly for me i can save the faces on the forum right now and i can get every frame. editting is alot easier then makin the faces, so ill start making character icons soon =).

EDIT:yay!!!i finished my first character icon!!!but its not animated and kinda crapy. I present, the sentry:

EDIT:i used havoks face and totally screwed it up, lol. Then i kinda fixed it(u can see how the outline of the face is weird).

EDIT:and now its animated!!!still not that great though:

EDIT:here is super skrull, still not animated though(im so glad i got an extra day with the computer, i didnt think i was ganna be able to use it today):. There is a blue line below his chin, but its not a big deal. I know how to fix it, but im probly not going to take the time to untill later =) oh, and i used cable as the "face-model"

EDIT:i re-did sentry's hair and gave him an animation:what do u guys thiknk?

great! but for super-skrull i have a sugestiob: as anims he turns into a thing-skrull then burst into fglmes turns invisible something streahes out-and he turns to normal. othervise......id think he was skrull shmull....

hahah, thats funny. Im not even close to knowing how to do flames...but i could steal them from the other icons with flame and put it on. what i was going to do was have SS standing there. he will punch either thin air or a stick figure with the thing arm, them he will shoot flames out the other arm, fly on an invisible woman sheild and then do the wave w/ his arms, or bounce like mrF does...

I think you can make his hair bigger and longer. Hmm, you can actually steal Emma's :emmafrost: hehehe

June 14, 2008, 07:57PM #28 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:22PM by the amazing spiderman
well, its supposed to be him with short hair. I already have one of him w/ long hair but its not animated...let me find it and uplaod...here:...i just couldnt get it right.