Spidey's Character icons (Not sure how to fix banshee...)

Started by the amazing spiderman, June 13, 2008, 06:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 13, 2008, 06:37PM Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:26PM by the amazing spiderman
grr!!! i finally came back to this site after i got MUA working!!! but the reason i couldnt get it working sooner was that i wasn't going to have a computer to play on during summer. and now im going to have the same problem!!! but i want to do something use full for this site, no matter how small it is. So i have decided that I want to make character icons for every character on the official character thread that doesn't have one and improve some that need improving.

WORKS COMPLETED

BLACK BOLT :
            Black Bolt has been uploaded to the sight!YAY!

CRYSTAL:
        Done! Still waiting for THX's answer/approval. The background is not transparent.
        WAIT!!! i think i found a way to quickly make it transparent!*quickly open program* but
        it wont be ready for a day or so b/c im at the wrong computer.

Venom:
      Done! Waiting untill previous icons are aproved before requesting this one.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Wolfsbane:
          Almost done. The animaion needs to be quicker and i am going to change wolfsbane's fur
          color closer to brown than orange

Northstar:
          Abondoned because he version that teancum found is soooo much better.

Spiderman:
          Completed(as far as im concerned. I like it :P). Waiting to ask THX to add until he
          aproves crystal...

Banshee:.
        First version. Next version will look better over all and then the next version will be
        animated. Please let me know what you think so i can make him look better. Also, I,m
        not sure what the animation should be. It shouldn't be a screem b/c my black blot does
        that. Please suggest any ideas :) 

OTHER RELATED PROJECTS

VIDEO GAME:

I am working on a video game that uses icon-based graphics. Check out my thread about YOUR marvel video games in the general discussion board. But anyway, i will release some information about updates that arent out yet and in-game graphics.

NEW CHARACTER!
Iceman: he flies across the sky using his iceslide and can throw icespikes!
        animation for throwing spikes:
        spike(rotating for every angle b/c it is thrown at multiple angles):
        animation while moving(looks better when the image is moving across screen):

Other info:
This will be the icon for the exe:
punching and blocking will be added along with a boss and two new enemies.

Note:any updates that are put in this section are not implying that these will be the last updates. They are simply first on the very long list.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/40278

RANDOM STUFF :P

Marvel Modders Rock!:
uh-oh!:
cubes:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to every1 that responded at the beginning of this topic when i asked for help when i tried to figure out how to make animated icons! Especially iammingy :)! Also, I'd like to apologize for the rediculus amount of double posting i did in the beginning of this thread. I actually had one run that was 8-10 posts long! I have gone through the topic and tried to compile all of my double,triple,cuadruple,ect post into one with a bunch of edits. The double posting stopped when i acknowledged i was double posting about crystal. From there on all the edits are edits, not fixed double-posts. Again sorry :)

READ!
Because I changed the first post some people are concerned that some of the following posts will not make sense. To clear things up: At the beginning i asked if any1 knew how to make an animated
icon, as in an image with multiple frames played in a row to create the illusion of a moving picture. I also asked if any1 knew if i had to ask a moderator, an administrator, or THX(the site owner) to upload a charcter icon to the site. It turned out to be THX that i had to ask. I hope thatclears things up :)
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Oh, the little icons for the site?  You might take the time to search for icons for characters that don't have them.  That would be really super-helpful!

thats what i was going to do. I just looked at the mod release list and i realized alot of them dont have icons. But like i said, i dont know how. if i need another program other than gimp can any1 tell me?and does any1 know how to actualy make them? because i dont know how. I know that u have to make the animation for the icon(depending whether or not i make it animated) but i dont know how to put it all together...

hey Spidey, you can take a look at this thread:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=209.0

A template is available in the 3rd post. When you save the icons after you are done, make sure you save them as 32-bit BMP.

June 13, 2008, 09:02PM #4 Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:08PM by the amazing spiderman
ok cool, ill check it out. But i just came up with this on another program(its my first try)

???isnt quicksilvers icon animated? and invisible womans?

He's talking about the animated gifs on the site Iammingy

ok, im still doing it the way i was b4 right now. Im trying to make it longer then ill go to the link(thanks for putting that up btw)

lol...does that mean i shouldnt go to that link???

No, those ones are for the game, not these icons:  :sunfire: :pyro: :magma:

I mistakened that you were talking about the icons for the game since you posted in Game Talk...

oh...is there somwhere else i should have posted this topic???

June 13, 2008, 09:29PM #13 Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:32PM by iammingy
I don't know, it doesn't really matter. :)

Anyway, this is an easy-to-follow tutorial for GIMP: http://howto.nicubunu.ro/gimp_rain_animation/

EDIT: lol... There is a simpler tutorial at GIMP's official site: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/

June 13, 2008, 10:18PM #14 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:23PM by the amazing spiderman
ohhh, ok, i get it. thx, i think i know how to do it now...ill let u guys know if it works...oh, and if it does work, how do i get it to be in the reply place? do i just give the file to a moderater?

EDIT:Yay!!! i did it!!but its only 2.3 seconds and ive been working on it for an hour...