Who will be in: THE AVENGERS?

Started by the amazing spiderman, July 10, 2008, 08:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 10, 2008, 08:24PM Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:35PM by the amazing spiderman
alright, ive been having a discussion with my friend and i thought id bring it to marvel mods. who will be in the upcoming avengers movie?

i think that the roster will be for sure:
CAPTAIN AMERICA :capamer:
IRONMAN  :stark:
THOR  :thor:
HULK  :hulk_icon:

and not so sure:
GIANT MAN/WASP
HAWK-EYE  :hawkeye:
MS.MARVEL  :warbird:
ICEMAN  :iceman:
SPIDERMAN  :spidergirl:

the reason giantman/wasp arent on the for sure list is b/c that is alot of heroes...but there has to be a woman in it...i just dont know...and what about sentry?lol, too many avengers...scarlet witch? my friend thinks that hulk wont be in it cuz he's ganna be the enemy but hes an founding avenger! and he thinks no thor even though there is a movie! so what do u think?

EDIT:voting can start but what aboutthe west coast avengers? should i aadd them too?
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Could you add more than just one option?

oops...how? i cant seem to be able to find that option?
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Iceman in a avengers movie? maybe beast but Bobby drake never was a avenger.

I think it will start off with Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor and Ant-Man. Then in a sequel, after the Magneto movie, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision will probably be there, perhaps alongside Ms Marvel and Hawkeye.

To begin with, I wouldn't expect to see any characters that don't have any pre-existing or announced movies to be in, or at least if they do get in they will only have an insignificant, cameo role.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I still can't believe they're doing an Ant-Man movie.  Of all heroes that won't translate well to the silver screen, he seems like one of the biggest (pardon the pun).

And here's hoping Hawkeye is in there.  Best.Avenger.Ever.

I'd imagine them starting with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. I don't think there would
be enough time for any more movies before the Avengers, aside from 2009, which only has one Marvel film so far. Although I would like to see Ant-Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye and Vision join in a second film.

I really doubt that any X-man will be in the avengers movie, since
-they're mutants
-"The Avengers" takes place in the world of iron man and hulk
-there are clearly no mutants in the world of iron man and hulk

Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Cap will surely be in it, we know it from the stand-alone movies

I also doubt that spider-man will be in it, unless they restart the series with Spider-man 4 being like Batman Begins for the batman series. And most likely, if he's in it, he wont be played by Tobey Maguire (who IMO isnt that good for spidey)

There's no "World Of [insert character here]" when it comes to the movies anymore.  That's why Marvel is having characters appear in another character's movies.

And I agree, Tobey Maguire == terrible as Peter Parker.  As Spidey I can handle him, but as Peter he's just too geeky.  Topher Grace (movie Venom) would have been a better Peter.

I don't think certain Marvel movies could crossover, since Marvel Studios does not have the rights to movies like Spider-Man and X-Men.

??  Where does it say that they don't have the rights?

Quote from: Teancum on July 11, 2008, 01:19PM
There's no "World Of [insert character here]" when it comes to the movies anymore.  That's why Marvel is having characters appear in another character's movies.

actually there IS but just for x-men.     In X-men all the world is full of mutants.

in the other marvel movies there arent any

July 11, 2008, 02:41PM #12 Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:32PM by SpongeSpider
I've heard it at a few places, I can remember a few. Here's a link that talks about how they wanted a Spidey cameo in TIH, but it fell through because Sony has Spidey film rights: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/12/spider-man-meets-the-hulk-the-cross-over-that-almost-was-but-wasnt/
Quote from: Magnetoactually there IS but just for x-men.     In X-men all the world is full of mutants.

in the other marvel movies there arent any
Aren't mutants rare though? That could explain why we don't see them in other films.

Quote from: SpongeSpider on July 11, 2008, 02:41PMAren't mutants rare though? That could explain why we don't see them in other films.
mmmh not that rare but...
well but mutants have never even been mentioned in any other marvel movie, so, unless they include them in the Cap and the Thor movie... they're completely outside this "universe"
plus, the existence of mutants has changed many things in the world. the world for example of Iron Man or Spider-man is just like ours.

It's the "Marvel" universe when it comes to the movies.  In fact, I bet you 10,000 US dollars within the next five years you'll see a mutant in a non-mutant film, or a non-mutant hero in a mutant film.