Why no Pc version?

Started by Luciano, July 16, 2008, 02:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
if i can't remember wrong mua 1 don't come out pc for first time but later realese pc version few weeks or months later. Maybe same way for mua 2 :S

Most releases for MUA1 were staggered.

XBox was first, followed by PC, PS2, 360 and GBA, then the Wii and finally the PS3.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I hope they followed same way for mua 2

I doubt you'll see a PC version, and if you do it will be a few months later.  Vicarious Visions hasn't done a PC port in years.

Hopefully Activision will realize what many other companies have (that you can make a ton of money on PC so long as you aren't trying to use a business model from 1995 in 2010) and give us a PC version.  If not, oh well.  The games are generally pretty mediocre, RPG-VERY-lite, and the only thing that really elevates them is the license.  I'd rather have it on PC than not have it, but if it doesn't show up, I won't lose sleep.

The site doesn't saying anything about PC version aleast right now did that happen on MUA 1?

It really has more to do with Vicarious Visions having stopped doing PC games - they haven't done them in years. Marvel got a good deal with them and - right now - good deals are preferred over what the modder segment of the populace might think about their video game

Good deals will always be preferred.  Especially with a game like this.  This ain't Half-Life 2 -- I'd say less than 10% of the sales from MUA1 were PC.  Why should they spend all that money for a PC port when they can make the same by coaxing folks to buy it for a console, PLUS offer DLC for cheap?

I'm sorry guys -- but the possibility of a PC port is small, and more than that the possibility that we'll be able to build new mods for MUA2 is about 20x smaller.  Get it for a console

Yes but with the economy as it is its even MORE preferred - I wasn't trying to make a fight I was just saying that it was more expected right now than it would have been say two years ago.

I will tell them: if they don't I poke them with toothpick! Then again, maybe I won't...

Quote from: Grig 32 on June 08, 2009, 10:25PM
Yes but with the economy as it is its even MORE preferred - I wasn't trying to make a fight I was just saying that it was more expected right now than it would have been say two years ago.

The gaming market actually hasn't really been affected by the woeful state of the economy.

it would be great if they did it for PC but the 360 live or PS3 and just for one game isn't worth it so this is a no buy for what a shame.

Quote from: Dihan on June 09, 2009, 09:56AM
The gaming market actually hasn't really been affected by the woeful state of the economy.

Your kidding right? Haven't you heard about the hundreds of people being laid off by gaming companies? Especially E.A - they're laying them off by the thousands!

Quote from: Grig 32 on June 15, 2009, 05:14AM
Your kidding right? Haven't you heard about the hundreds of people being laid off by gaming companies? Especially E.A - they're laying them off by the thousands!

That's the fault of the companies - not the employers. If EA actually made things that weren't shovelware they wouldn't have to lay them off. The gaming market is a lot more lucrative than the film and music industries in recent times.