So... what's everyone got?

Started by Noelemahc, March 09, 2007, 06:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I assume that everyone who's regged in here has a PC of some sort. But what about the other consolage?

For my part, I have to admit that the only console I have ever owned is a NES - and the thing is still functional (yes, I do occasionally reminiscence along with Super C or the legendary Kunio Kun No Nekketsu series in front of my huge-screen TV :D) -- but what about you lot?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I still have a Sony Playstation (the original) along with various sports games (NHL, Madden, Triple Play), Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men.  I know where it is but haven't played it in about 7 years!  I thought about a PS2 once, hearing that you could play the old games on it but I guess I'm now about a generation behind, eh?

Well, you can also play PSOne games on the PSP, if you get one of those fancy homebrew packs. (I really gotta quit reading the newsboxes devoted to consoles I have nothing to do with :P)
They also promised reverse compatibility of PS3 with PS2 -- but NOT PSOne.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 09, 2007, 08:10AM #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:16AM by cvc
ps,ps2,xbox,gbsp,psp and think I won't get anymore.For got the gamecube girlfriend plays/n64

I have at least 500 thats 500 pc games because I collect them most unopened, never be able to play them all but really like the boxes.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

I actually just got rid of my original playstation right before christmas. I do have the gamecube, which hasnt been touched in well over a year, and a Wii. I originally bought and played MUA for the pc. I won a copy of MUA for the Wii from the MUA VIP boards. I actually just started playing it a few days ago. It'd definitely been interesting figuring things out.

Scotimus...if you're playing as Cap and throw the Wii controller, can you break a window and do you hear the sound through the console?

*ahem*...Super Nintendo, Nintendo DS (I got tricked into getting it by my friends who said we'd all play Mariokart on it, and then when I proceeded to be much better than them, they all stopped playing and sold or gave away their DS's. And now borrow mine...). And that's it. I dislike the lack of Moddability/free user made content/ official updates on Console games. Doom, Quake, Half life, Need for Speed and more recently Freedom Force have spoiled me for the idea that you pay for just a limited game and no more. I want extra stuff dammit! And not "wait six months and we'll give you four new characters" extra stuff. I want a vast array of Mods/levels/cars/characters/sounds for any game I like. So for me, PC is the only option.

March 09, 2007, 09:13AM #7 Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:16AM by kfcrispy
NES/SNES, still work
PSX - had to get 2 or 3 of these systems throughout its lifetime.. at least the last one I got is still working
PS2 - ok my brother took our first system to college with him and got it stolen before his first semester ended.. the next one I had to replace thanks to my Codebreaker screwing up the laser (but having Sony replace it is not too expensive, ~$40-50 including S&H), and the replacement has gone bad now.. but I'm usually at my gf's place and we have the slim PS2 there which works just fine.

Sony's gotten a lot of money from me...

I'm planning on getting PS3 as long as the next Genso Suikoden game comes out for it. The 360 and Wii are also somewhat in consideration but I likely won't get either.

(deep breath) PSone, PSP, NES, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, X-Box, Wii, PC...
Had a PS2 but the laser stopped reading most games so I ditched it.  Bought the saturn when it first came out and I still play Nights Into Dreams on it.  Just got the Wii about a week ago and I love it!  No plans on getting an X360 or ps3.  I don't have an HD TV and I just don't see anything special about the games.  Still keep all the systems hooked up as I enjoy quite a few games across the systems.  PC most often, but I have yet to find a replacement for Bionic Commando for the NES.

Quote from: DiamondDave on March 09, 2007, 08:35AM
Scotimus...if you're playing as Cap and throw the Wii controller, can you break a window and do you hear the sound through the console?

I have no idea. I generally dont use Cap. I'll have to try it when I get home from work

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 09, 2007, 08:43AM
and more recently Freedom Force

I can only imagine what you have done with Freedom Force. I modded the hell out of it years ago when the first one came out. I just recently orded the sequel on amazon.com for like 5 bucks. I dont see much online in the area of skins for it though. i want to get some x-men/avenger characters going again.

Quote from: Scotimus on March 09, 2007, 10:54AM
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 09, 2007, 08:43AM
and more recently Freedom Force

I can only imagine what you have done with Freedom Force. I modded the hell out of it years ago when the first one came out. I just recently orded the sequel on amazon.com for like 5 bucks. I dont see much online in the area of skins for it though. i want to get some x-men/avenger characters going again.

Well try here for skins and meshes:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/
http://freedomreborn.net/simple/index.php
http://www.alexff.com/stuff.php

Have too many, I went on an ebay binge a while back and tried to pick up everything I grew up with + the extras I always wanted.  pong, atari 2600, nes, genesis, snes, atari jaguar, psx, saturn, n64, dreamcast, ps2, gamecube, xbox, ps3

i'm holding off on a 360 til halo, and as for the wii... I'll wait a bit longer, it's not nearly as tempting yet.

I stuck to the basics: got my old Dreamcast, got an XBox a few years back, and am currently mulling over the purchase of a Wii (I've tried WindWaker, it is fun as hell)

I don't have a whole lot of games, but the ones I got are the ones I truly enjoy most.  I have a Playstation 2 with games like the Grand Theft Auto series, Dragonball Z: Budokai (and Tenkaichi) series, Metal Gear Solid series, Tomb Raider series, Prince of Persia series, Star Wars: Battlefront series, X-Men Legends series, Madden 07, etc. (I have a few playstation 1 games for my PS2 also).  I also have a Gamecube with just a couple games, like Super Smash Brothers and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (this game r0ckz my s0kz0rz!1!1!111).  Then obviously I have a PC, with games like X-Men Legends 2 (yes, I do own a duplicate for PS2...  I liked it so much I got it for PC for gaming on the go, and modding...  :D), Tomb Raider: Legend (same as XML2... on the go and modding), Neverwinter Nights, Battlefield series, Star Wars: Jedi Knight series, etc.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.