How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I consider it more the nature of the medium. Comics (and for another example soap operas) are often things people drop and pick up based on what happens. Some characters, events, ideas, etc. entertain more people than others. I think it's very rare to find someone who doesn't hit snags every now and then to not like it as much as you used too.

I have a habit of being either "in" or "out" of comics as is. Right now i'm going back checking in on things that happened, i like some storylines more than others.  I'm not really feeling fully into everything going, so i'm not really feeling i'm good to have an opinion on Marvel as a whole currently.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Well I just saw Iron Man 3. I really liked it, but I was very dissapointed with what they did with the Mandarin.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on May 04, 2013, 03:12PM
Well I just saw Iron Man 3. I really liked it, but I was very dissapointed with what they did with the Mandarin.
I personally think it's better than having another racist portrayal of a generic foreign (particularly asian) villain.

Quote from: DeeDooo on May 04, 2013, 04:21PM
I personally think it's better than having another racist portrayal of a generic foreign (particularly asian) villain.

I just think they should have left him out completely with what they did with him, I liked him up until the point of realization about him. (Don't want to spoil anything)

If they just would have made him like that the whole movie I would have liked it, but they messed it up.

I understand why everyone is upset about not having him be the "correct" ethnicity according to the comic books, but this wouldn't be the first time they changed something for the movies it does get annoying in some cases but oh well what can you do. Honestly I wouldn't even care if they decided to make Tony Stark Asian, as long as the portrayal of the character is good, which is the problem I have with Mandarin. The way they decided to have Mandarin play out in the movie was disappointing, I read online that he wouldn't be what you expected, but I didn't expect that.

Nonetheless the movie was fantastic, which I did expect.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So sad, that Project Awakened didn't get enough funding on Kickstarter. I had so much faith for this. Hopefully they'll be able to release one day

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/06/project-awakened-falls-short-of-500k-kickstarter-goal/

Appereantly, they will continue to develop it, but in their own time more or less, nice to see they didn't give up
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Yeah, I read about that. It's just sad, that among so many Kickstarters, this one didn't get the required money. Hopefully they'll still be able to make it as awesome as they wanted it from the beginning.

EA/Maxis just announced The Sims 4! Im excited! :D AHHH! :P

Quote from: White Queen on May 06, 2013, 12:19PM
EA/Maxis just announced The Sims 4! Im excited! :D AHHH! :P

While I am excited, since I am a huge Sims fan and have played it since the first game which still holds that special place haha, I am a bit ehh about it. They are still making new Sims 3 games, which Sims 4 could take awhile to make, but I don't know how I feel you. I would like them to add/ change some things in the Sims 4 though.

I would like to actually see inside of buildings, since its always blank inside and you kind of just wait there while the Sims are inside. If you could go in you could play them at school or work, which would be pretty awesome! There is more, I just can't think of them all on the top of my head.

Because it was so dark in the movie it was hard to see all the 42 armors, but here they are:
http://teambeartrap.tumblr.com/post/49575473933/i-found-some-stuff-guys
I'm definitely going to need to turn some of these into proper skins :3 Also Hyperman come back we need you to make some of these!

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on May 06, 2013, 02:39PM
While I am excited, since I am a huge Sims fan and have played it since the first game which still holds that special place haha, I am a bit ehh about it. They are still making new Sims 3 games, which Sims 4 could take awhile to make, but I don't know how I feel you. I would like them to add/ change some things in the Sims 4 though.

I would like to actually see inside of buildings, since its always blank inside and you kind of just wait there while the Sims are inside. If you could go in you could play them at school or work, which would be pretty awesome! There is more, I just can't think of them all on the top of my head.
I too have played the Sims since the first game, I can say it's my favourite Video Game Series, and I feel that the time is right for a new installment.
I also hope for the removal of Rabbit Holes, so, you can control your Sims at work or at school ( so I can make my child sims sneak out of class :D...or harass the teacher xD )
Like many others, I also hope Sims 4 will include a height slider.
And I hope they don't make the graphics too realistic, I would love it more if it retains the slightly 'cartoony' style.
( It would also be kinda interesting if they added a first-person mode. Where you control your sim with the arrow keys or WASD keys. That would be kinda neat :P )

Knowing the developers, the style of the graphics remain the same. However, I'm afraid that it will be like Sims 3 was for me. You see, the first game blew my mind. The second game had lots of improvements and new ideas, so it was equally mindblowing. The third one, however, didn't have the same type of feel to it, at least for me. It didn't have that charm. While in the first and the second, I enjoyed every minute, in the third, it felt like an average game for me. A game that is endless, so it can't be beaten. Plus, there wasn't as many changes between the games. Also, for me, no matter how hard I tried, most of my creations looked too alike :D Oh, well....I hope this game will be a new milestone in life-simulation video games.

I do love the Sims, but it isn't my favorite. I will get to the point of playing it everyday, or not touching it for months.

I just really hope they make Sims 4 fantastic, and not just Sims 3 with improvements. The only thing that I don't like about the Sims 3, that was easy in Sims 2 was killing people hahaha. Not really, but seriously. In the Sims 2 you could delete the pool ladder and they didn't realize you could climb out and they would just drown in the pool, and they never put out fires, but in sims 3 they do everything and you just can't kill Sims like you used too.

It's EA. It'll be the same as always with marginal improvements and shoehorned always-online "features".
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Plus a billion and one smaller and medium-sized Stuff packs and Expansions.