How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on November 10, 2014, 10:27AM
These past couple weeks have been really rough for me. For the past two weeks I got pretty sick and was in pain and switching between hot and cold for days, then add on all my stress from school and life.

Last week on Tuesday I finally went to the hospital where they thought something was wrong with my liver, my pain got worse and we went back the next day. After an ultra sound and a CT scan they discovered my appendix was inflamed and next thing I know I am getting surgery to get it removed. I'm pretty sore and still recovering but I finally got to go home on Saturday, now it will be a rough few weeks trying not to hurt myself or lift to much.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you guys!

@White Queen, Yes I've already missed a week and will miss at least one more until I get the ok to go back.

And yes I have been keeping up with Once Upon a Time! How do you like it so far?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on November 10, 2014, 10:27AM
These past couple weeks have been really rough for me. For the past two weeks I got pretty sick and was in pain and switching between hot and cold for days, then add on all my stress from school and life.

Last week on Tuesday I finally went to the hospital where they thought something was wrong with my liver, my pain got worse and we went back the next day. After an ultra sound and a CT scan they discovered my appendix was inflamed and next thing I know I am getting surgery to get it removed. I'm pretty sore and still recovering but I finally got to go home on Saturday, now it will be a rough few weeks trying not to hurt myself or lift to much.

Damn... had no idea, MP. Take care of yourself. Hope you heal up soon.

And in case people haven't heard, guess who just joined Marvel Comics (at least for a little while)? Former WWE wrestler CM Punk!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56972
He's going to be writing for Thor Annual #1, out in February 2015. How do you think he'll do? I know he's been a long-time comic fan, but time will tell if he can cut it as a writer.

November 11, 2014, 02:05AM #3918 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:10AM by White Queen
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on November 10, 2014, 01:17PM
Thank you guys!

@White Queen, Yes I've already missed a week and will miss at least one more until I get the ok to go back.

And yes I have been keeping up with Once Upon a Time! How do you like it so far?
I'm loving it, they outdid themselves with the casting and the costume design. Unlike most people, I love Ingrid. She just wants people who accept her, and is somewhat misunderstood. I felt really sad for Helga though. :( (And despite everything Gerda was a bitch to her older sister in the end :()
Really excited to see how it all plays out, because the 11th episode is the last one in the Frozen arc. After that comes the Maleficent arc, which I'm super excited about. (I love Kristin Bauer van Straten)

Quote from: White Queen on November 11, 2014, 02:05AM
I'm loving it, they outdid themselves with the casting and the costume design. Unlike most people, I love Ingrid. She just wants people who accept her, and is somewhat misunderstood. I felt really sad for Helga though. :( (And despite everything Gerda was a bitch to her older sister in the end :()
Really excited to see how it all plays out, because the 11th episode is the last one in the Frozen arc. After that comes the Maleficent arc, which I'm super excited about. (I love Kristin Bauer van Straten)

Are you telling me our Lord and Saviour Queen Bauer will be coming as Maleficent?

I thought she was killed...and her corpse was under the clocktower..?

Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Quote from: Aragogo on November 13, 2014, 11:03AM
Are you telling me our Lord and Saviour Queen Bauer will be coming as Maleficent?

I thought she was killed...and her corpse was under the clocktower..?
She was, she became this undead lich woman zombie...thing. Not sure how she's gonna come back, but I'm excited! :D :P

Quote from: White Queen on November 13, 2014, 02:13PM
She was, she became this undead lich woman zombie...thing. Not sure how she's gonna come back, but I'm excited! :D :P

I have just one thing to say

I'm expecting snarky banter between Regina and Maleficent. I'll live so much for it.
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

I feel like I have been gone for so long. I have had a pretty rough month.

You may have read my last post about me going to the hospital, well that wasn't the last time. In total I spent 16 days in the hospital.

First trip I got suprised with my first surgery and got my appendix removed, suffered complications and had to stay longer then expected.

After getting released on Saturday that following Wednesday I was in extreme pain, the worst pain I have ever been in that my Mom and Nurses could only describe as labor pains. I got put in the hospital again so they could try and treat my pain and believed I had a bowel blockage. During my second stay the scariest thing in my life happened and I was given a drug that caused me to pass out, waking up from that was like waking up from your worst nightmare. I also had to have an NG tube stuck down my nose and throat and have everything sucked out of my throat. One of the worst things ever as well. I was finally able to leave on Sunday.

The following week was awful, I was in less pain, but still bad pain and wasn't eating at all, nor had I really eaten in the past two weeks either. That following Thursday my bad pain came back, not to mention me getting sick from extreme stomach acid all week and bad bowel blockage. Back in the hospital we discovered I needed to go in for a second surgery because they believed something was wrong with my bowels. They discovered part of my bowels had twisted into a figure 8 of sorts and had to be removed. After I woke up I was in extreme pain and had a second NG tube put in my stomach. I was thankfully able to leave Wednesday night and celebrate Thanksgiving at home.

I believe I am finally making a full recovery and have finally been able to eat food. I have to get my strength back after basically not eating for a month, and I have to deal with having a giant stapled up incision on my stomach. I am also unable to lift anything above 10 pounds for 5 weeks. While being weak and in some pain sucks, I am so glad to finally be home for what I believe is for good this time. I am ready for my life to go back to the way it was, and I really missed coming on here every day.

Sorry for the long post.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

November 28, 2014, 02:56PM #3923 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:13PM by White Queen
Aww, I really hope you feel much better now Midnight, and I hope your health improves immensely in the coming days. For now, just chill, take a lot of naps and listen to soothing music. (basically embrace laziness and relax :P)
Also now is the time to take advantage of your family, and make them your slaves. Make them bring you food and stuff while you lay in bed. :3  :magma: (evilface) lol just kidding ;).
But no really, I hope you get better real soon. I wish health and happiness to you & your family. <3

PS: Remember to keep up with Once Upon a Time. ;) We have Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella de Vil coming to Storybrook somewhat soonish. (After the Frozen arc) It's gonna be an exciting season. :P :3

Also from what I just read, it seems Maleficent will be getting a massive makeover, one closer to the animated movie. And also including the awesome horned headpiece. *_* Much happy, very excite, cannot contain.
And Anastasia, The Red Queen might also be coming back. This might turn out to be the best season thus far. <3 Excited!!!

Thank you for the kind wishes both of you!

@White Queen, I am very excited for the new villains, especially Ursula! I am also excited for Maleficent's return and glad to hear she is getting a makeover. I was never really a fan of her outfit. I hope for some Octopus Ursula and not just her human self. I would also love for the Red Queen to come back, Will has been getting on my nerves this season and it seems like something happened with him and maybe the Red Queen so hopefully that gets resolved.

Last thursday was Thanksgiving for us in America, but this week I think i need the moment to say I'm thankful my laptop lets me play Marvel Ultimate Alliance. As it looks like it doesn't like me playing another of my games for whatever strange reason. I'm starting to think some gremlins got a distinct agenda against me. None of these games ever caused me as much problem on my old laptop with the same anti-virus software.

I suppose it may seem more personal given I only play like a handful of PC games that I have for years and years, and it seems like each year this laptop pretty much goes "oh you can't play this one anymore"...I just don't get it.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Me on December 02, 2014, 04:45PM
I'm pretty excited for this movie if I do say so myself. The cast is actually looking really good :D

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/suicide-squad-cast-revealed-jared-leto-to-play-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867#u=http://variety.com/2014/film/news/suicide-squad-cast-revealed-jared-leto-to-play-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867;k=pmc-adi-31bb2464aad8b905af7a81e1d57b77ae

I'm just glad for a proper live action Harley. Jared Leto as the Joker....Idk, but who knows, he might do a good job.

I'm really busy catching up on multiple tv-shows, I just finished catching up with Gotham (which is, by the by, amazing) but I'm still catching up with Under the Dome and The 100, I'll watch the new Once Upon a time later (I really hate to say this, but this season is mehish so far, season 3 is by far still my favourite, although the second half of season 4 is looking better) and I'm also really excited for the new American Horror Story (Stupid americans with your thanksgiving, making one of my favourite shows not air last week :P)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Once Upon a Time: Victoria Smurfit and Merrin Dungey on-set as Cruella de Vil and Ursula.
Excited!!! :D :D :D