How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it's about time something happens, to be honest.

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marvel-universe-is-ending.html

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I think they are going to make the X-Men disappear forever with this event :(

I'm really hoping they don't wipe out anyone completely (specifically the Young X-Men characters), they should use some of the characters they have right now, and not just have three copies of A-listers.

Edit: They have advertised AVX, House of M, Days of Future Past, AOA, and X-Men '92 as all having their own corners of Battleworld.

On a lighter note, I think it's kind of funny that DC is working on their Multiverse and Marvel is making so they only have one world.

I like the idea of one world, it makes things simple, but don't get me wrong I do love alternate universes and I doubt they will keep with just one universe.

They have stated that the Secret Wars event, and all the comics they announced to go along with Secret Wars, such as the ones Techon listed, will all help shape the new universe that will come out of the event.

I think Marvel would be stupid to get rid of the X-Men characters, or anyone else big for that matter. Now is there time to restart everything. Even if for some reason the X-Men all become Inhumans, I'll be happy as long as they are still there.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Sooo it's essentially a reboot kind of like what DC did with their New 52? Also does anyone know if Zombies will be included in this?

The only real difference being between them I'd say is strategy. I think Marvel's seen DC alienate their fanbase enough with choices among reboot ideas. Marvel was building to this for quite awhile now, and with their surge in popularity i'm not surprised the end game is the chance to undo/redo some older choices and move forward with some edits to established history.

My only hope being that it's not as jarring as DC. I won't be surprised if the new history is mostly 616 with all the cool parts of other worlds edited in so that they can make sense.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Me on January 21, 2015, 01:47AM
Sooo it's essentially a reboot kind of like what DC did with their New 52? Also does anyone know if Zombies will be included in this?

Indeed they will be, according to this teaser.

I assume the zombie world is somewhere on the Battle World map as well.

If this is a reboot, i just hope they treat it like one and start fresh, or at least somewhat fresh and establish a base for the stories instead of going off what was.

Just heard Emma Watson will portray Belle in Disney's upcoming live-action Beauty and The Beast film. I can't wait, so excited she's gonna play her! :D

Meet Elena of Avalor, Disney First Latina Princess!

Disney Junior has a new princess!

Princess Elena of Avalor, a "confident and compassionate teenager," will be introduced next year as Disney's first Latina princess, Nancy Kanter, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Disney Junior Worldwide announced today.

"Our creative team has delivered a universal story with themes that authentically reflect the hopes and dreams of our diverse audience," she said. "What excites us most is the chance to use distinctive animation and visual design to tell wonderful stories influenced by culture and traditions that are familiar to the worldwide population of Hispanic and Latino families and reflect the interests and aspirations of all children as told through a classic fairy tale."

Elena is described in a news release as "a confident and compassionate teenager in an enchanted fairytale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore."

She will debut in a special episode of "Sofia the First" on Disney Junior next year, and then have her own spin-off series on the network, "Elena of Avalor."

The princess will be voiced by Aimee Carrero, of ABC Family's "Young & Hungry."

Disney is the parent company of ABC News.

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/meet-elena-avalor-disneys-latina-princess/story?id=28581447
:storm:

Marvel has announced a new all female Avengers team featuring some pretty awesome and familiar faces, as well as a new character who was once herself a universe.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/06/marvel-announces-force-first-all-female-avengers-team

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on February 06, 2015, 12:41PM
Marvel has announced a new all female Avengers team featuring some pretty awesome and familiar faces, as well as a new character who was once herself a universe.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/06/marvel-announces-force-first-all-female-avengers-team

So let me see:
Nico, Dazzler, She-Hulk, Medusa, Jean, Rogue, Storm, Scarlet Witch, Singularity, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Monica, Spider Woman, Gwen, Pixie, Elektra, Aurora, Vindicator, Snowbird, Moondragon, Black Widow, Karoline, Jubilee, Firestar, Rescue, and the Cat.

Six X-Men and one's Pixie. Yes! There's hope for my Young X-Men. Wonder how this is going to affect some games that rely on affiliation, like Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, and Heroclix (I want to run an Avengers team of Jean, Rogue, and Storm)

Also, I wonder if they will use this to get some of these characters under dual right ownership. Hey, I can hope, right?

Quote from: Techon 7 on February 06, 2015, 01:45PM
So let me see:
Nico, Dazzler, She-Hulk, Medusa, Jean, Rogue, Storm, Scarlet Witch, Singularity, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Monica, Spider Woman, Gwen, Pixie, Elektra, Aurora, Vindicator, Snowbird, Moondragon, Black Widow, Karoline, Jubilee, Firestar, Rescue, and the Cat.

Six X-Men and one's Pixie. Yes! There's hope for my Young X-Men. Wonder how this is going to affect some games that rely on affiliation, like Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, and Heroclix (I want to run an Avengers team of Jean, Rogue, and Storm)

Also, I wonder if they will use this to get some of these characters under dual right ownership. Hey, I can hope, right?

Well they will be a team from part of the Battleworld world, so It can probably be assumed that after the collision of the universes they will either no longer exist or they may end up going their separate ways.

Though I really hope they stick around, I have always dreamed of an all female team. I am also excited to see Pixie, and maybe this is Jean's chance to come back into play.

February 06, 2015, 10:28PM #3989 Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:42PM by Outsider
So, an all-female Avenger team, taking place at Arcadia - referred to as a "feminist paradise." I just hope this series doesn't trash the male gender in the process -- it's been done to death. The Lady Liberators back in the day making the male characters appear as male chauvanists, Valkyrie in some other series saying that in the end men will just let you down in all aspects, and then the whole Thundra/Femizonia thing (Mahkizmo, seriously?) There's nothing wrong with female empowerment, but I don't dig when they try to make men look inferior while doing that. There is no inferior or superior gender. Same thing with race or anything else. All that said, I hope it'll be a good series. It's got She-Hulk and Dazzler, so it should be great. (End of rant.)