Modding rundown: Sound

Started by Noelemahc, December 05, 2006, 11:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here are the sound files that run with the order off for me, as well as the cfg file I am using. If anyone can find out what is wrong with them/how they would be fixed, that'd be great.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xk6b4e

Here's Hawkeye's Xbox sounds (to see the difference).  You'll notice that in the section with the file name has 8 more bytes with zeros than the PC.  Also, the header changes from ZSNDPC (with 00 bytes to fill) to ZSNDXBOX.  Filenames change from .wav to .xbadpcm.  Wav type changes from 6A to 01.  Theoretically if you remove the extra 8 bytes before each filename, change .xbadpcm to .wav and fix the offsets might work on the PC.  I'm working on uploading the Xbox x_voice.  These are just for reference.

http://rapidshare.com/files/69341395/hwkeye.rar.html

For the record, pyro_v, sabre_v, coloss_v, and darkp_v ALL come up with the "sounds are off" glitch (and these are the 4 we need to use :ugh:)

hmm i lost here. can some1 how can i find the starting number and ending number for a certain character? i tried reading the readme and it doesnt make sense to me. thanks!

November 13, 2007, 09:45PM #200 Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:11PM by winstrol
I updated the program to try fixing the problem with scarlet, xman and some others.
(I don't know why but those characters's hash/id seems to be out of sync within the x_voice, although it works fine with the x_voice it gets messed when extrated to a new file, so i added a option in the program to shift the ids for the hashes).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mx6e2x

beside the already known workin characters that BliZZ tested, as far as i could test it now worked as well for: cable, bishop, cyclops, sunfire,
switch, blob (he really have few sounds)
xman (though cmdattack sounds are not working)
toad (some sounds not working eg xtreme)

For the last two, i guess they can still be fixed but opening it with a hexadecimal editor and changing the id for some hashes.
If someone could find out how the hashes are calculated i could get it full working.

Making some changes in the program i could also import some sounds from x_voice (xml2) into the x_voice (mua), eg break_character (character's voice played in the character selection screen). an_character (when the character's name is said) though so far only worked for deadpool and pyro.

Teancum
ok i'm gonna try, but can't guarantee it is gonna work. if at least i had a xbox for testing.

Quote from: winstrol on November 13, 2007, 09:45PM
Making some changes in the program i could also import some sounds from x_voice (xml2) into the x_voice (mua), eg break_character (character's voice played in the character selection screen). an_character though (when the character's name is said) seems only to work for deadpool.

This'd be great :)

Another issue with MUA's x_voice is that Captain Marvel's break sounds never play. Do you think you could look into that?

i gave it a look and seems like there's no break sounds for him in the x_voice
so i guess there's no hash for him as well. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do  without the hash.

November 13, 2007, 10:37PM #203 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:41PM by BliZZ
They are the very first sounds in the file. 1 through something.

Anyway here is what I have tested-

Works:
Bishop
Blob
Colossus
Cyclops
Dark Phoenix
Scarlet Witch
Sunfire
X-Man (except the cmdattack sounds, which don't work like you mentioned)

Doesn't Work: (sounds are played off)
Sabretooth2
Pyro2
Professor X
Toad
Rogue

Can someone who knows how to replace sounds try the following?

1) Replace Bishop's xtreme "BIG BANG" sound with his xtreme "SUPERCONDUCTOR" sound

2) Replace Nightcrawler's xtreme "MASTER OF CHAOS" sound with his XML1 xtreme "BLINDSIDE BLITZ" sound

3) Replace all of the sounds in coloss_m/coloss_v with the sounds from capmvl_m/capmvl_v (we can use Bishop's "BIG BANG" sound- even though it is a different va, it is better than nothing imo)

PS: Does anyone have a copy of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? We need to pull together a good Hulk voice set to toss into darkp_v. It'd also be nice to figure out what distortions to use on the xtreme sound, so we can get a "HULK SMASH" sound similar to those xtreme sounds already in game.

#1 will be really easy.  They're both in VOX format

#2 I'll work on, but I'm not 100% on VOX settings during a save, so I might change that to a regular WAV since the data's at the end of file.

#3 I could also do, but we can run into trouble here.  VOX files smaller than standard WAVs, so it'll take me awhile as I'll have to either figure out the VOX export format or insert WAVs and manually change every offset.

I already have my copy of Goldwave set up with the proper distortions for a Xtreme.  I did that when I record the Angel VO for the Xbox mod.

Quote from: Teancum on November 14, 2007, 12:14PM
#3 I could also do, but we can run into trouble here.  VOX files smaller than standard WAVs, so it'll take me awhile as I'll have to either figure out the VOX export format or insert WAVs and manually change every offset.

Which of the processes would you imagine to be less time consuming? That'd be the one I'd suggest :laugh:

That's a good question really.  I'm not sure.  Guess I'll dive in and see what happens.  Slightly off-topic, what's the status on Punisher?  I wanna put him on the Xbox.  Noel mentioned the same guy that did the voice for the game also did the main characte for Gun, so I was going to rip voices, but not if it's gonna be awhile on him.

Quote from: Teancum on November 14, 2007, 12:50PM
That's a good question really.  I'm not sure.  Guess I'll dive in and see what happens.  Slightly off-topic, what's the status on Punisher?  I wanna put him on the Xbox.  Noel mentioned the same guy that did the voice for the game also did the main characte for Gun, so I was going to rip voices, but not if it's gonna be awhile on him.

I thought Noel had ripped from the THQ game, the one with Tom Jane?

Either way, all he needs is some of the graphical stuff (icons, 2 skins, fixes to the one skin, mannequin), so if you just want to set up files with placeholders for that kinda stuff I'll pm you a download link. I'm also not sure how many of his weapons will have appeared on the box. I know his knife didn't (that was tommy's model), so you'll want to use Fury's Grabsmash instead of Deadpool's.

Yeah, I thought Noel had too, I just wasn't sure if we could get ahold of what he ripped or if we'd have to rip it ourselves.