X-Men: Destiny

Started by Nowhere Man, October 07, 2010, 03:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
fingers crossed :)

Who else of you clowns think I'm crazy and ugly??? None? Good, 'cause I need to go to the next circus and kill other clowns. Why, you ask? 'Cause I HATE CIRCUS!!!

Hey y'all.  I popped in with some news about X-Men Destiny.  Read an article today that gives some new details about it.  The full article can be read here (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/01/03/new-x-men-destiny-plot-and-gameplay-details-revealed/) but I'll do a brief summary of what it says:

• Will have a dark story, but not an M rating
  • Set in the time when the X-Men are based in San Francisco and believe Professor X to be dead
  • Choose one of three characters
  • Choose your power (matter/body mass manipulation, energy projection and a mystery ability)
  • Game-freezing "decision moments" that alter the story
  • Manage X-Genes, power meters, and special attacks in game
  • Confirms Cyclops, Quicksilver, Surge, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Gambit will be in the game, with more to be announced

Wow thanks for the info! I love the picture with Destiny where she is like "I want to party with yoooou!" ha ha lol

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

thanks man, now i know for sure that we can only play as 3 characters (too bad) :(

Who else of you clowns think I'm crazy and ugly??? None? Good, 'cause I need to go to the next circus and kill other clowns. Why, you ask? 'Cause I HATE CIRCUS!!!

Not too bad I guess. But why does it feel like every time a marvel game comes out there are so many hopes for it, but usually more than half are never fulfilled.

Because that always happens, they like to crush peoples dreams lol jk but still you are so right, it sucks :(

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: ragincajun on January 04, 2011, 01:08PM
Hey y'all.  I popped in with some news about X-Men Destiny.  Read an article today that gives some new details about it.  The full article can be read here (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/01/03/new-x-men-destiny-plot-and-gameplay-details-revealed/) but I'll do a brief summary of what it says:

• Will have a dark story, but not an M rating
  • Set in the time when the X-Men are based in San Francisco and believe Professor X to be dead
  • Choose one of three characters
  • Choose your power (matter/body mass manipulation, energy projection and a mystery ability)
  • Game-freezing "decision moments" that alter the story
  • Manage X-Genes, power meters, and special attacks in game
  • Confirms Cyclops, Quicksilver, Surge, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Gambit will be in the game, with more to be announced
I still can't wait for this

Quote from: proton on January 05, 2011, 05:41AM
Will it be on PC.
It's not announced on which platforms the game'll be released (though i really hope there will be PC version)

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 04, 2011, 07:49PM
Not too bad I guess. But why does it feel like every time a marvel game comes out there are so many hopes for it, but usually more than half are never fulfilled.
Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 04, 2011, 08:09PM
Because that always happens, they like to crush peoples dreams lol jk but still you are so right, it sucks :(

I think it's because they show us little tiny previews early on, and we start speculating which brings out a lot of ideas that don't get fulfilled.   I think that they shouldn't release info so early on, and if they do, then it shouldn't be little info that we as future players of the game might warp into ideas of what would make this game amazing and such...................but that is just my take on it
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

I know its for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword%7cx%2f-men+destiny%7c1%7c thanks to gamestop of course :p

Edit: Any you are so true ^^ Because we see that lady in the trailer, and we are like its Emma its Jean, its Dazzler, its Storm but if its Jean then this should happen, and if its this this should happen :/

Storm should be playable because her and wolverine are the most popular x-men which is why there both on the front of the x-men movies,x-men games and MUA and MUA 2

Sadly none of the X-Men are playable, only the new mutants. On the Hero HQ forum they said that was confirmed. But I agree Storm, Wolvie, and many others like Cyke, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, etc. would have to be playable if the X-Men were not NPCs.

I just noticed in the article it says: "...at least one of three characters." So there is still a possibility that there will be more, but even if, it sounds like to me that you create your own mutant. So, having 3 options could mean that you play as a different character, with different abilities, about every time you play...until you exhaust all options of course.

Which sounds stupid. You should be able to create your own mutant. With the graphic abilities we have now, in game rendering a created character is actually really easy. Shame on you game developers!