X-Men: Destiny

Started by Nowhere Man, October 07, 2010, 03:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know! I like the model that's why I want it for my mod lol!
I'm surprised that there's nothing about Jean, Rogue or others, but I have the feeling that this game is based on the current continuity on comics and if that's the case... well Jean is dead, perhaps DLC? I just hope that the developers understand that we want playable X-men too.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Emma does look good. (Glad they made her sound like herself too, thats a plus.) I still think Mystique looks the best. :D lol. I'm sure they'll still have Rogue and Storm at least. If they are doing some kind of continueance from the comics or whatever, Rogue and Storm are still alive and kickin... It'd be nice if we could have the X-Men characters on our team and be able to play as them AND these new characters. (Doubt it, but it was a nice thought) Game developers are on this kick of creating new people and having so much to customize anymore, so yeah, I can't see them letting us play as the X-Men. Still looks good though.

I'm sure that Storm and Rogue will be in too, not too sure about Jean, but her fanbase is huge so who knows?
That's why I said, I hope they understand that we want to play as a the xmen or brotherhood as well and not only with the new characters ;)
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Well, looking at the gameplay and all, it's like a 100% that they will never make the X-Men or the Brotherhood playable in this game. But to tell you the truth, I think it's better this way, given the fact, that we can decide about being on the X-Men's or the Brotherhood's side.

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 21, 2011, 10:23PM
Well, looking at the gameplay and all, it's like a 100% that they will never make the X-Men or the Brotherhood playable in this game. But to tell you the truth, I think it's better this way, given the fact, that we can decide about being on the X-Men's or the Brotherhood's side.
that's a total letdown those 3 custom chars better b unique.Ima join the xmen first then a second playthrough with the brotherhood i hope it's not like mua2 where its practically the same missions on both sides doing the same thing

Supposedly, this is one of them games where every descision you make has an effect on whats next in the game. Or at least that's what I read in the magazine...

Quote from: Scabbia on July 22, 2011, 05:20AM
Supposedly, this is one of them games where every descision you make has an effect on whats next in the game. Or at least that's what I read in the magazine...

So like MUA1 where ever thing you do matters and you find out what happend in the end of the game because of the choices you made

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So according to some articles on the internet, Professor Xavier is dead and the game take place on San Francisco...
Some details about the plot:

QuoteDestiny is a splinter of the X-Men continuity, putting the mutants in San Francisco following Professor X's death at the hands of Bastion. San Francisco has offered amnesty for mutants as the Purifier movement advances globally.

The story begins up on San Francisco's Embarcadero, with Cyclops, Emma Frost and San Francisco's mayor making a joint appearance to unveil a giant peace memorial which is, quite inadvisably, made of metal.

A catastrophic attack of unseen origin unfolds, laying waste to the Market House. At this point the player charatcter's powers manifest themselves. You get to pick one of three bases: density manipulation (think Colossus), energy projection (think any sort of blaster character), or dark matter (think Nightcrawler).

From there, the adventure proceeded through the ruins, with the player encountering roving bands of Purifier thugs, all waving stun wands, You dispatch these with the assistance of well-known mutants like Iceman and Quicksilver, with RPG Q&A conversations after the encounters helping to fill out the story.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5823580/x+men-destiny-takes-a-voice-of-protest-to-the-city-by-the-bay

So it seems a mix of the current continuity and some classic elements. Cyclops and Emma are the leaders of the x-men and current headmasters on this game's continuity but Magneto is still leader of the brotherhood (in fact the brotherhood still exist here ^^)

Other sites that contain some info:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/288815/previews/x-men-destiny-an-rpg-worthy-of-the-x-men-name/
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/x-men_destiny/b/ps3/archive/2011/07/21/grabbing-hold-of-destiny-first-hands-on.aspx

And some screenshots in high quality :)

http://videogamewriters.com/x-men-destiny-trailer-looks-to-redefine-the-element-of-choice-17334

I still want at least some playable X-men ;)
Phoenix Endsong #5

Don't really care for the choices in power... but ok... lol

Sounds like a Star Wars KOTOR sort of game then.

Gamespot preview:

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6324922/x-men-destiny-comic-con-2011-demo

And character's profiles (both playable and NPC):

http://www.herohq.com/xmendestiny/characters

No Rogue, Storm or Jean Grey, but we have Pixie and Northstar! I'm glad that these 2 are in because I love them ^^
Phoenix Endsong #5

Why is Caliban with the Brotherhood? I thought he was with the Morlocks?

And I guess the closest were going to get to playing our favorite characters are these X-Genes and having costumes like theirs.... That's retarded lol.

Can we even play as the X-men or do you to have to stick with those 3 characters ?

Looks like we have to stick to these 3 characters. But to make up for not playing as the X-men, you can mimic their powers by collecting X-genes, and you can dress up like them. And they sometimes show up as NPCs to help you in combat.

Some of the models, such as Emma, Toad and Juggs, would look great in MUA. 

Is it sad that, after seeing the gameplay trailers, the first thing I thought of was what could possibly be used for MUA?
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

Quote from: Pentasaurus on July 24, 2011, 05:41AM
Looks like we have to stick to these 3 characters. But to make up for not playing as the X-men, you can mimic their powers by collecting X-genes, and you can dress up like them. And they sometimes show up as NPCs to help you in combat.

Some of the models, such as Emma, Toad and Juggs, would look great in MUA. 

Is it sad that, after seeing the gameplay trailers, the first thing I thought of was what could possibly be used for MUA?

Nope.. I was thinking the same thing !!  Because, to me this game isn't worth 70 dollars ... renting it maybe