Favorite Characters to play as and why you love em!

Started by thedarkpoet, October 30, 2010, 04:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright, so I wanted to get everyone's input as to what character (default roster or mods) you love to play as; it does not have to be the strongest character, or the most durable, which one's give YOU the most FUN? Share with me/us (No I do not have a symbiote) who that toon is and why, be it the costume, the power, or the moves they got! Screenshots are more than welcome and links to youtube vids of your playing are welcome too! Alright, I will start:

Favorite Character to play as (currently): Deadpool
Reason why: I love playing as Deadpool because he is always making witty remarks (Do I win a car?)
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue...natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

Jean Mua 2 conversion by marvelfan12345.
Love her costumes, love her powers and she is my favourite character.

Without mods:
- Spider-Woman/Invisible Woman: Probably 2 of the most balanced characters on the original version, loved both.
- Thor: Don't know why, lol, I just liked to play as him.
- Deadpool: just because the same reason than you, his quotes are awesome.

With mods:
- Emma Frost: I LOVE her :)
- Jean Grey (MUA2 conversion): some people hated her powers on XML2 but I really liked them, and this version has them with more damage and effects.
- Pylocke (Dihan's): He did a great job on effects and powers, she's more fun now.

There are more characters that I really enjoy (especially mods) but those are the ones that I use most while playing MUA.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

mine are: War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Thor and Dr Strange
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

D*mn! I forgot your Rogue!! My bad, that mod is awesome my friend :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

thanks! same goes for you emma. the only reason I didn't mention her is cause I tend to think of emma as a character that would just use cerebro to knock everybody unconscious instead of going there to kick their asses =P
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

My favorite characters include:

* Captain Marvel - I found I was able to beat the game with him in our latest tournament.
* Human Torch - Love the power where he blasts fire under his enemies and pops them up.
* Crystal, Vision, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - Have always enjoyed these characters from the comics and love the chance to get to play as them in the game.  However, I wish the "intangibility" power of Vision could be fixed and that Crystal's mod would get finished.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

:strange:  Doc Strange is also fun to play as with his little magic bolt thingys.
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue...natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

DAZZLER! :) She's very versatile and has much range.

Emma Frost, Cyclops, Rogue (booster!), Polaris, Wolverine and Psylocke. And im not just an X-Men bias ;P.

Silver surfer and captain marvel, because they are powerful and i like cosmic power. but i can't play with mod in my computer exept namor sandman and official char pack

Invisible Woman. She used to be my fav character before Jean and Psylocke came but still my 3rd fav and defintally a great powerset. Jean_fan and Jean_Grey_Phoenix made her even better.
Dr. Strange. Got interested in him after this game. Really fun and unique powerset. Teleporting, life stealing, tk, healing, and so much more.
Iron Man. Thought he played really well allthough he is kinda missing. I do have him modded with rocket launchers though.

Jean Grey of course. My fav character.
Psylocke's MUA2 version. The original was nice too but felt like it was lacking, but this one really feels amazing.
Rogue booster. I always removed her from my roster before but this booster makes her much more fun and handier.
Scarlet Witch booster. Wasn't bad before but now she really plays good.
Dazzler. Her mod really feels like the most complete mod so far and well down with small touches everywhere. Also love the effects.
Captain Marvel. He is really powerful and awesome effects.

I thought I could only post 1 hero but as everyone is posting more, I will post my list.
1 - MUA 2 jean by marvelfan12345.
2 - Emma Frost by Whiteking.
3 - Dark phoenix by Matt710.
4 - Goblin queen by matt710.
5 - Dihan's Psylocke.
( Yes, I do love telepaths )

:capamer: Has powers that work well with his standard melee moves.  I'm very good at using cap and with reserve strength he becomes one of the strongest and most fluid melee fighters around.
:thor: Similar vein as Cap except much faster with God speed love thor's rage and hammer toss.
:cyclops: A game that finally gives Cyke justice.  His eye beams just mow down everything in front of him and the effects and sounds are awesome.
:punisher_logo: Has no useless or outclassed moves, great projectiles and Punishment is a hilarious yet awesome melee move for a ranged attacker.  Plus it is very satisfying to beat up super freaks using him. 
:magneto:  He is untouchable with his shield and shockwaves, throwing enemies around with his magnetic beam is fun and I like randomly shouting his arcade game lines.

Ilike to play with Deadpool :deadpool: ,Spider-Man :spidergirl: ,Wolverine :wolverine: , and Ghost Rider :ghostr:

In this game, I have a unique fixed team:

Iceman, Wolverine, Invisible Woman and Storm