Which X-men series was best?

Started by Phoenix92, November 18, 2010, 05:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have recently been watching the X-men Evolution series and have the classic series on DVD and was curious which one people thought was best, personally my all time fave was the orignal as I grew up watching it in the 90's and loved the Dark Phoenix Saga. I do feel X-men evolution was different as it was the x-men as teenagers, which I thought was good as it was them from a new perspective.
I am fire and life incarnate

Certainly, Classic X-men Series!! It is really cool film!

† Reach Heaven before the devil learns of your death †

X-Men Evolution, specially the last season. I pretty much like when Jean fights Professor X.

Clasic and Evolution.
I liked wolverine and the X-Men too but wolvie got to much spotlight. The only reason I liked it was Scarlet witch, Emma and Jean.

In the classic series: excellent selection of characters and plot,  relations of the x-men, conditions is more intense, "fighting", and poorly superfluous chatter are perfectly shown.

Classic, hands down is the best.  That stuff is legendary at this point.

Definitely Classic but i also enjoyed the cast & art style of Pryde Of The X-men's (Pilot Episode). Evolution had a cool mature feel but i hated how much was changed from the original comics. At least the classic series gave us back the stories that made the title famous in earlier years (The Phoenix Saga, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Days Of Future Past & even A Rogue Tale/Uncanny X-men #269). Sure, they changed acouple of things but i still feel it was done tastefully.

Evolution on the other hand, was not. Toad & Avalanche's true identity was wrong, Avalanche in a relationship with Kitty (now who thought up that), Gambit being an Acolyte and The X-men living in the X-mansion but going to public high school (made no sense to me).

Evolution seems to me unsuccessful. What for to do the x-men children??? I do not understand. And still, film's atmosphere is silly, ridiculous, completely not drama. I don't love such films. I adore fight, difficult relations, ADULT characters.

X-men Evolution to me was stupid as well. Watched a couple of episodes and just hated it to a point I couldn't watch it anymore, thankfully I didn't see my favourite X-man Gambit shown as a child.

Wolverine & the X-men was pretty good, didn't mind Wolverine in the spotlight once again. Hopefully they end up doing a season two. But the Classic X-men Series of course was the best, it was just classic!

I loved Classic X-Men I watched it all the time and really felt it was like the comics but for me Evolution was not so bad I liked it but not more thrn the classic, but everytime I watched Evolution I wanted Phoenix to come so bad but then we never got her until the last part of season 4.... Wolverine and the x-men I liked but to much Wolverine and not enough Jean Storm and Kitty and although I dont like Cyclops he was a big Drama Queen in this show! Pryde of the X-men pilot was cool and I thought it would have made a great show cuz they could have done the phoenix saga in that show aswell!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS