How big would you prefer a shipping roster for an XLM/MUA game to be?

Started by Oddark123, January 09, 2011, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it's fair to say most of us are here because we like all the cool additional characters and boosters the fine modders have put out but if you were in charge of creating a game similar from scratch how many people would you probably set up in it.

I loved MUA (still do) but going into a game called Ultimate Alliance everybody has there own favorites they'd like to see get in but at the same time we do know that are a certain amount of characters that just have to be in it. Now XML opens up more possibilities but I think we can assume it's going to be a long wait to expect some people to make the base roster.

I'd attempt to try and set up a base 30 roster if I could.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I'd pick 30 for the initial roster. Go for 36 to 40 after DLC.

I think they should do like 30, but fans pick the characters, like they set up a poll and you pick who you want in and the characters with the most votes will get made, and then if some of them tied, they will pick just those, and make a re vote and then out of those who win the take how ever many they still need!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

personally, i would like devs to create a special page where you can freely download and add any new character they can create (that pretty much feels like DLC). it will be cool to have at least 50 characters :)

Who else of you clowns think I'm crazy and ugly??? None? Good, 'cause I need to go to the next circus and kill other clowns. Why, you ask? 'Cause I HATE CIRCUS!!!

50 was the first number that came to my mind too.  We certainly have more than that available here.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

call me ambitious, but I'd like a 60+ roster. the following:

01 Captain America
02 Ironman
03 Thor
04 Ms. Marvel
05 Scarlet Witch
06 Vision
07 Quicksilver
08 Black Panther
09 Wonderman
10 Hercules
11 Black Widow
12 Ant-Man
13 She Hulk
14 Wasp
15 Falcon
16 Hawkeye
17 Doctor Strange
18 Valkyrie
19 Namor
20 Silver Surfer
21 Hulk
22 Moonknight
23 Punisher
24 Daredevil
25 Deadpool
26 Ronin
27 Iron Fist
28 Luke Cage
29 Mister Fantastic
30 Human Torch
31 Thing
32 Invisible Woman
33 Nick Fury
34 X-Man
35 Professor X
36 Storm
37 Emma Frost
38 Beast
39 Cyclops
40 Iceman
41 Angel
42 Colossus
43 Nightcrawler
44 Psylocke
45 Shadowcat
46 Gambit
47 Rogue
48 Wolverine
49 Phoenix
50 Adam Warlock
51 Captain Marvel
52 Ghost Rider
53 Quasar
54 Elektra
55 Blackbolt
56 Gladiator
57 Magneto
58 Mystique
59 Green Goblin
60 Venom
61 War Machine
62 Sabretooth
63 Banshee
64 Juggernaut
65 Shang Chi
66 Black Cat
67 Spider-Man
68 Spider-Woman

I know, an awful lot. But these are the significant Marvel Characters IMO. Except maybe for X-Man, but he's just my personal choice to represent the Summers-Grey offspring. A few villians just to spice it up, but not the most powerful and threatning ones (they'd be the bosses). Also villians that could have motive, such as being controlled by the government (Venom, GG), being paid as a mercenary (Sabretooth) or those that sometimes are heroes depending on the circumstance (Juggernaut, Magneto).

that would be my ultimate full roster.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I like your roster! It's really good, I would just like to maybe squeeze, Rachel, Cloack and Dagger, and Firestar in there and I will love it even more!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

LOL, now that I think about it, even 72 slots isn't enough!  :D  I'd add another 10 myself -- Medusa, Gorgon, Crystal, Karnak, Triton, Mantis, Moondtragon, Nighthawk, Sentry and Ka-Zar.  (Five minutes from now, I'll probably think of some more!)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on January 11, 2011, 03:41PM
LOL, now that I think about it, even 72 slots isn't enough!  :D  I'd add another 10 myself -- Medusa, Gorgon, Crystal, Karnak, Triton, Mantis, Moondtragon, Nighthawk, Sentry and Ka-Zar.  (Five minutes from now, I'll probably think of some more!)
Same here lol. When I'm bored I'll make rosters but every 5 minutes I'll add a bunch more till I reach 60 (which has been my highest) until I delete the whole thing.

Crap! I forgot about Medusa and Moondragon to, plus everyone else u listed Fox! I just want a roseter of like 100 lol

Yeah I fail all the time to create a dream roster. I start off and can't decide as I keep going.

Although since they do ports for other systems with exclusive characters, I always thought it be crazy if they did one for an older-system and gave them Ka-Zar as an exclusive character.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Please, I could probably at least make a roster of 50 to 60 at least with just female characters I want in lol, I make my dream teams all the team!

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 11, 2011, 08:22PM
Please, I could probably at least make a roster of 50 to 60 at least with just female characters I want in lol, I make my dream teams all the team!
Same here lol. The heavy hitters like Sue, Jean, Storm, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Wanda, Widow, Shulkie, etc. and the lesser knowns like Jubilee, Polaris, Jessica Jones, Firestar, Dagger, Valkyrie, Photon, Mockingbird, etc.

This would be my female roster.
Invisible Woman
Jean Grey
Wasp
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow
Storm
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk
Elektra
Rogue
Spider-Woman
Firestar
Dagger
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Jubilee
Polaris
Mockingbird
Jessica Jones
Crystal
Medusa
Enchantress
Mystique
X-23
Dust
Mercury
Pixie
Surge
Tigra
Mantis
Moondragon
Hellcat
Valkyrie
Songbird
Moonstone
Echo
Marvel Girl

January 11, 2011, 08:44PM #13 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:58PM by midnightphoenix123
Ok lol now its my turn!

1. Phoenix
2. Emma Frost
3. Shadowcat
4. Scarlet Witch
5. Polaris
6. Storm
7. Rogue
8. Psylocke
9. Dazzler
10. Jubilee
11. Domino
12. Sage
13. Rachel
14. Hope
15. Firestar
16. Husk
17. Surge
18. Mercury
19. Dust
20. Cuckoos
21. Blink
22. Mystique
23. Syrin
24. Revanche
25. Petra
26. Armor
27. Pixie
28. X-23
29. Magik
30. Magma
31. Moondragon
32. Blackwidow
33. Spiderwoman
34. Invisible Woman
35. Marrow
36. Ms Marvel
37. Medusa
38. Enchantress
39. Elektra
40. She Hulk
41. Dagger
42. Songbird
43. Spidergirl
44. Crystal
45. Boom Boom
46. Black Cat
47. Valeria
48. Wasp
49. Namorita
50. Lifegaurd

And thats just 50, I could have keep going :P and thats just females! Lets see how far I can keep going

51. Mary Jane (just for fun :P)
52. Mantis
53. Valkryie
54. Wolfsbane
55. Gwen Stacy (Also for fun)
56. Aunt May (...)
57. Jewel
58. Silver Sable
59. Madame Web
60. Arana
61. White Rabbit
62. Stacy X
63. Skids
64. Tigra
65. Karma
66. Moon Stone
67. U Go Girl
68. Selene
69. Vertigo
70. Arclight
71. Maddie/ Goblin Queen
72. Catseye
73. Roulette
74. Tarot
75. Spiral
76. Copy Cat
77. Zaladane
78. Deathbird
79. Lady Mastermind/ Mastermind 2
80. Meggan
81. Windancer
82. Wallflower
83. Hope (The one from New X-Men)
84. Deadgirl
85. Nocturne
86. Sunfire (Female from Exiles)
87. Liliandra
88. Hepzibah
89. Danger
90. Ariel
91. Omega Sent
92. Aguja
93. Snowbird
94. Nova (From FF)
95. Thundra
96. Hulks Daughter, whats her face?
97. Photon
98. American Dream
99. Stinger
100. Wildthing
101. Squirrel Girl
102. Power Princess

Ok I think im done for now, and thats all females! Lol 1 crazy roster