Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: fox456 on January 12, 2012, 04:47PM
There's alot of heroes yet for me to buy.  I just would rather save my gold for the ones I think I REALLY want (for now, I think I'd like Angel and Vision) and especially for some of the card sets.

I was a HUGE fan of the card game for a long time.  I've lost some enthusiasm for it because of those "Lucky Blocks."  They help me as much as they hurt in the long run, but I'm used to games with alot lower luck feature.  I thought the card game would be more like Magic the Gathering which involves much more skill in making the decks.
Angel and Vision are high on my list as well. It's really the only reason I'm not buying any Villain's Fury decks yet. However if the Onslaught mission is out (haven't checked the shop yet) I think I can buy that without making a huge dent in my gold.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 12, 2012, 04:49PM
Angel and Vision are high on my list as well. It's really the only reason I'm not buying any Villain's Fury decks yet. However if the Onslaught mission is out (haven't checked the shop yet) I think I can buy that without making a huge dent in my gold.

I bought 1 villain card pack, I shouldnt of, but I did. I still have 2,000 gold but I had 200 so why not XD I should have just bought the new mission!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Did you get any good cards in your villain pack?  I've seen some really good ones in the quests.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on January 12, 2012, 05:25PM
Did you get any good cards in your villain pack?  I've seen some really good ones in the quests.

Umm the 2nd row was alright, but the first row kind of sucked. I think I got 2 or 3 cards with Mageneto and Mystique together.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

For me I am trying to get Colossus I am at about 145 I have about 12 characters I can play as, so I'll have to get a couple more before I can get therel.  The only characters I've bought are Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Jean Grey and Nova.  And I have DD, Mohawk Storm, Firestar and Stealth Ironman from the challenges (Thank goodness for being able to win heroes from the challenges).  I recently maxxed out Wasp and Ms. Marvel.  Those are the only ones I've maxxed out.  I am about one level away from maxxing out firestar and mohawk storm.   LOL so that is where I'm at, so I can't even Imagine getting to 540 ugh I don't even really like spidey so I may not be working that hard to get there.

Also for anyone that doesn't know or hasn't thought about it, every day, you can find each of your characters coins, and you get about 500 xp, so it is a really good way to level up, at least for me it is.

I think a really cool addition to the game would be, instead of making different versions of characters, like pure elecktra, all the alts for spidey, etc  I think it would be cool if the made them achievements for challenges like each character has like 3 costumes and that when you achieve certain challenges, the you get to pick a costume for your character, or even make it where you can buy the costumes, for those that want them.  Or even by leveling up to a certain level, you get a new costume to choose to switch between.  But the only problem is some of the different versions of characters have different powers, like the two storms.
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 12, 2012, 06:13PM
2000 gold is how much I have (although I think I won some more from the challenges). I'm not gonna go less than that so I can buy Phoenix and Angel.

I know I'm not going any lower also, But i need more because I would liek to have the 05 also which means Angel, and Iceman. Phoenix is a given XD

@4elements - Yeah I used to get the token things, but I get to bored to run around lookin for them for everybody XD I also agree that characters should have alt costumes, but I do believe that every character has different abilites minus the 2 Elektras I believe.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 12, 2012, 07:00PM
@4elements - Yeah I used to get the token things, but I get to bored to run around lookin for them for everybody XD I also agree that characters should have alt costumes, but I do believe that every character has different abilites minus the 2 Elektras I believe.

LOL I go to asgard and the daily bugle to find the coins, since those maps they don't have many buildings, and they seem to be smaller or more compact.  It seems though that they are usually in the same spot.  But I only find them for a couple of characters, mainly firestar, stealth ironman, DD, and mohawk storm.  DD and mohawk storm mostly because of their double jump, which makes it fairly quick to get around the map.

I like using the fliers when I'm trying to collect tokens.  Too bad they can't collect the tokens for the non-fliers!

@ 4elementsefww:

I really like your idea of earning new costumes or buying them from the store (preferably earning them).  It's too bad they didn't think of that when they were designing the game.  It could have made it alot more interesting.

I also think they should change the rewards for card games so that at least you earn one gold piece.  It's not much, but I think it would encourage some people to play cards more.

@fox

I used to use flyers all the time, but it seems like they take longer because they fly in loops and twists and such and then they have to land. 

I too wish that we could earn gold through the card games, even the missions, I think we should be able to earn some gold as well. 

I think though that the costumes would give people something to look forward to earning, since it takes a long time to get enough gold to get characters.  That's why I left the game for a little while, because it took forever to get gold, and I got bored with playing as the four default characters and the one that I bought.  I think that the idea of the challenges helped a little, since you could earn some characters, and some gold.  I still wish though that we could sell some things like paint.  Geez, sooo much paint!  I at least they'd let us trade it for silver, or something.

LOL!  Yes, SO much paint!  And since everyone has the same problem, paint is worthless.  No one would want to trade paint with each other so the best thing you could do is sell it to the "bank."

I don't mind the tokens personally... they're an easy straightforward way of leveling up characters that I don't care to play missions as. I mean I'm already up to squad level 281. I don't have enough money to keep up a subscription or enough time to run missions everyday so I've been buying as many members only characters as I can, collecting the gold every day and running all of the tokens so that I can level them all up so when I don't have a subscription any more i'll still have a lot of extra characters adding to my squad level. I have pretty much all the members only except Iron Man, Hulk Buster, Iron Patriot and Shadowcat. I'll write up reviews of the characters I've been buying as soon as I've got some time.

January 13, 2012, 03:46PM #2381 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:59PM by MarvelFan12345
Some more news!

Here are the official descriptions for Angel and Phoenix and their official powers.

Description: When the Phoenix Force possesses Jean Grey, she's one of the most powerful heroes in the universe. And that's saying something.

Power 1: Phoenix Wings
Power 2: Healing Flames
Power 3: Flame Rush

Description: There are many heroes that can fly above Super Hero City, but only Angel has wings. Plus, he can heal you if you've been injured.

Power 1: Angel Strike
Power 2: Angelic Heal
Power 3: Flying Charge

So it looks like our two newest X-Men will be healers! Fits them both perfectly. Angel is definitely gonna be able to heal his allies but Phoenix might only be a self-healer. Either way will be awesome.

Also through my own group of contacts (who have contacts lol) I have heard news that White Phoenix is one of the confirmed heroes. It's believed that she will be a code hero (although if its for comic-con is uncertain). Either way this is her description, the only other piece of news I got with her confirmation. Also I'd ask that it would be better to keep this on the down-low for now. It helps so I can continue to get more inside-info for us.

Description: When Jean Grey leaves Earth, she appears in this white costume before coming back. Sometimes she keeps it on because it's so cool.

I hope there are more code heroes.  It adds one more aspect to the game.  I thought I read that somewhere that there wouldn't be any more, but this is good news!

I have to admit one thing guys

Im defnitly going for Dark Silver Surfer now, Hulks can wait, Surfers cannot, im currently at 3387 silver
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on January 15, 2012, 09:01AM
I have to admit one thing guys

Im defnitly going for Dark Silver Surfer now, Hulks can wait, Surfers cannot, im currently at 3387 silver

LOL I love the face :) Im still at 11,000 silver or so. I think I'm gonna get Dark Surfer first unless anyone believes he isnt as good as the regular Silver Surfer.