Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There really have been many significant updates in 2012 here in the USA either.  Changing what's on sale from week to week isn't an update.  We have gotten a few new characters and a couple of card quests and a mission or two.  It really has slowed down alot.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Is it losing players or anything? The entire update team seems to quit on it... :P
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

There seem to be fewer characters running around the zones for the past several months.

Well, don't blame em. The game isn't that interesting once you've beat all the missions, leveled up your characters, and played the card games so much. (And if your a silver player, it gets old trying to save up gold for months just to get a new character to play as. I understand silver members should be limited, but that's ridiculous. I'm not playing everyday for 3 months solid just to have enough gold for one standard character. I'd rather play some old marvel games on Sega or Nintendo before I do that lol)

Quote from: Scabbia on September 15, 2012, 10:16PM
Well, don't blame em. The game isn't that interesting once you've beat all the missions, leveled up your characters, and played the card games so much. (And if your a silver player, it gets old trying to save up gold for months just to get a new character to play as. I understand silver members should be limited, but that's ridiculous. I'm not playing everyday for 3 months solid just to have enough gold for one standard character. I'd rather play some old marvel games on Sega or Nintendo before I do that lol)

That's me!

I try to log in every day to get a bit of gold, but even that gets old.  Then, just when I think they are going to have a sale on some of the characters I wanted, they don't reduce the price as much as I expected.

However, I do understand they have to make money, so I really don't blame the company either.  I am glad that I can play as many characters, missions and cards that I have been able to.  (Still, I will keep looking for the sales.  LOL!)

I just think its completely stupid that if your not a member you can't keep playing with the members only heroes. I bought black widow and black spiderman when I had a free membership and now I can't even play with them anymore which I think is retarted because who is it hurting if I don't have a membership anymore. Plus I can't do half of the hero quests because my squad level isn't high enough which means I have to buy new heroes and to me it's a waste of money. I play it once in a while but when this game first came out I played everyday now it's not that interesting. They need to stop releasing 6 versions of spiderman and release brand new characters.as much as I would want white Phoenix it would make sense to stop releasing alternate versions of costumes and release brand new characters.

I agree I don't like seeing all the same characters being released and that if you buy member only heroes, and then get rid of your membership you should still be able to play the characters you bought, I mean they can lock the others so you can't buy member only heroes, but if you own them It wont hurt anyone if you play them.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Or Making some characters only available if you have a membership gives you an incentive to pay for the membership. They are running a business here. Like they make their livings off of this. The fact that it's free to begin with is a gift. It's the new gaming business model: Just like you can try on clothing at a store, you try out games before you buy them. We live in a global capitalist society where it's hard to do things for free. Making a new character for them is a lot like making a mod for us, except they often make new animations and have to hire a voice actor to do the lines. So sometimes it's a lot easier to make new versions of old characters. It also gives people more visual variety (what would we be here without skins?) I'm not saying anyone here is entirely wrong or anything, just giving a few alternate perspectives :]

Quote from: DeeDooo on September 17, 2012, 03:18PM
Or Making some characters only available if you have a membership gives you an incentive to pay for the membership. They are running a business here. Like they make their livings off of this. The fact that it's free to begin with is a gift. It's the new gaming business model: Just like you can try on clothing at a store, you try out games before you buy them. We live in a global capitalist society where it's hard to do things for free. Making a new character for them is a lot like making a mod for us, except they often make new animations and have to hire a voice actor to do the lines. So sometimes it's a lot easier to make new versions of old characters. It also gives people more visual variety (what would we be here without skins?) I'm not saying anyone here is entirely wrong or anything, just giving a few alternate perspectives :]

I see where you are coming from. I think there are plenty of reasons that you should buy a membership but if you have one character that is members only, and you become a free member again it wouldn't hurt to still be able to play them. Or at least give people the ability to buy the member only stuff when they aren't a member but they just can't use it.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

In case anyone is interested, I didn't want you to miss this:

One day sale only (Saturday):  Avengers Captain America and Avengers Hulk, 300 gold each.

Quote from: fox456 on September 22, 2012, 05:54AM
In case anyone is interested, I didn't want you to miss this:

One day sale only (Saturday):  Avengers Captain America and Avengers Hulk, 300 gold each.
Damn...Wish I had any gold :p

Thanks for the heads up Fox! I really hope we get some new characters soon though.

I ended up buying Avengers Hulk.  Gonna test him out a little right now.

I bought both just for the heck of it lol, haven't tried them out yet though.

Doesn't it seem like Avengers Hulk runs kind of sideways?!