Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do any of you guys know where the game files get stored on your computer?  I can't find them anywhere.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on October 14, 2013, 07:39PM
Do any of you guys know where the game files get stored on your computer?  I can't find them anywhere.
Sorry, I have no idea myself. Though I don't see the point in knowing their location anyway.
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

Quote from: fox456 on October 14, 2013, 07:39PM
Well for me they are:
C: > Users > MyUser > AppData > LocalLow > Unity > WebPlayer > Cache > SHS

Just type %AppData% in the Windows Search thing, and go from there.

( Windows 7 Ultimate )

October 15, 2013, 03:22PM #3603 Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:29PM by fox456
The reason I wanted to know is that I'm getting a new computer and I wanted to see which of the two drives it would be best to install the game's files on.  Right now, I'm using Windows XP but I'll be using Windows 7 on the new computer.  I'm just trying to figure out the best way to configure it (if we even have a choice, that is) so that it won't have so many crashes.

Wow!  Using some of White Queen listed, I just found the bulk of the files -- there's way over 5GB.  I wonder how you would delete those files if you ever wanted to.  I bet there would be lots of leftover files on the computer in various places.

Here are a few tips should you be trying to earn craftings (crafting parts) for side kicks and the appretience title:
Recommended: Have plenty of heroes (at least 25 works fine for plenty of parts)
1) Start in Villainville where you collect plenty of metal parts (adamantium rods and metal screws). Keep on collecting ONLY THERE until you are done with the metal. You can also get some Vishanti craftings along the way.
2) (maybe the hardest part) Now keep on collecting craftings at Daily Bugle. You would most likely finish the screws before the adamantium rods so in Daily Bugle you can collect rods, symbiotes and also those toxic glasses (and occasionally, pym particles, though you might earn them while in Villainville). Finish until you are done with the rods.
P.S. This is the hardest map to earn craftings because of the unexpected places they can be put at. It is especially a pain with flying characters.
3) Now go to Asgard for the Dark Energy orbs. You will get some Uru dust too along the way.
I posted this tutorial because some people might just fear the amount of parts of each type which need be earned. This fear can be minimized by doing everything in order. So, follow this and see if it gets you rid of some sweat!

Make sure to take a Magneto for metal craftings, a Dr. Strange for Vishanti craftings, a Dark Surfer for Dark Energy orbs, a Thor for Uru dust and a Black suit Spider-man/Venom for symbiotes :P (does not really work)

Quote from: corvetterules on October 16, 2013, 12:51PM
Make sure to take a Magneto for metal craftings, a Dr. Strange for Vishanti craftings, a Dark Surfer for Dark Energy orbs, a Thor for Uru dust and a Black suit Spider-man/Venom for symbiotes :P (does not really work)

LOL!  When I was first reading this, I thought that I needed to get some other heroes that I don't have, like Magneto and Dark Surfer!

Quote from: fox456 on October 16, 2013, 02:48PM
LOL!  When I was first reading this, I thought that I needed to get some other heroes that I don't have, like Magneto and Dark Surfer!
Honestly, I never thought that post would make anyone laugh... just posted for the fun of it

Error P13100. Cannot load page. Dear 5-gold streak, you will be missed...

Did you try it again later?

October 25, 2013, 05:54AM #3610 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:57AM by corvetterules
Quote from: fox456 on October 25, 2013, 03:29AM
Did you try it again later?
No, and it's not like I could either. I had to go to bed...
EDIT: Nevermind. It seems my streak survived. How different the game clock is from my country's...

What happened to this site? Recently I could not enter it because it only said a message that the site is marked as crashed and should be repaired.
P.S. If this thread is not where this should be posted, please repost this in its right thread. Thank you.

Quote from: corvetterules on October 28, 2013, 11:09AM
What happened to this site? Recently I could not enter it because it only said a message that the site is marked as crashed and should be repaired.
P.S. If this thread is not where this should be posted, please repost this in its right thread. Thank you.

It's not really the right thread, but ehh who cares, I don't mind going off topic sometimes. I had the same issue. I Don't know what was going on, I tried to go on the backup forum but it was shut down for being inactive.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on October 28, 2013, 02:30PM
It's not really the right thread, but ehh who cares, I don't mind going off topic sometimes. I had the same issue. I Don't know what was going on, I tried to go on the backup forum but it was shut down for being inactive.
At first I thought Marvel mods was shutting down. That would have really made me sad. This thread is pretty much the only means of chatting with other players, seeing as so many players are under 13 years old, thus, unable to type messages and forced to talk with messages from Safe Chat.
But all that is besides the point. Back to SHSO, did you (or anyone else) manage to take advantage of the very small period of time when you could earn more than just one of a kind of crafting part in free roam? I mean, when the update with earning craftings in missions and modifications to the health bar HUD came out. The one that ruined the stability of the game. For example, if you found a rough diamonds token, you would get 20 of those parts, not just 1.

Quote from: corvetterules on October 25, 2013, 05:54AM
EDIT: Nevermind. It seems my streak survived. How different the game clock is from my country's...

What country to do you live in, corvetterules?

Quote from: corvetterules on October 28, 2013, 02:57PM
At first I thought Marvel mods was shutting down. That would have really made me sad. This thread is pretty much the only means of chatting with other players, seeing as so many players are under 13 years old, thus, unable to type messages and forced to talk with messages from Safe Chat.
But all that is besides the point. Back to SHSO, did you (or anyone else) manage to take advantage of the very small period of time when you could earn more than just one of a kind of crafting part in free roam? I mean, when the update with earning craftings in missions and modifications to the health bar HUD came out. The one that ruined the stability of the game. For example, if you found a rough diamonds token, you would get 20 of those parts, not just 1.

I didn't know anything about being able to get more crafting pieces.  :(