Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I sent in a ticket about the boxes in my backpack, and apparently they are actually a bug and you shouldn't be getting anything. So if you are then you are lucky.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I always thought Titanium Man's face resembled this meme.

So just started playing this game again and I really like the update.! When I logged in I had a box in my backpack and the "rare" item I got was Rogue so I was happy about that. So since I started playing I got Spider Man,Hulk,Rogue, and Psylocke! :D

However how do you buy boxes that have random heroes in it? I saw different types of boxes like a Sabretooth one but does that mean if I buy it i only have a chance at unlocking Sabretooth or would I be able to unlock other characters too within that box?

Also do these hero badges give your characters more powers or does it just upgrade them to do more damage and give you a larger health? Also whats the max level with the badge 20?

My very last question is do you guys know if any heroes are coming soon? I want to buy Magneto and Havok but i wanna save my money because I really want to see Songbird and more X-Men.

I thought since Avengers came out they would make movie versions of the X-Men too. Im hoping for Warpath, Blink, or a new Storm (mohawk storm sucks to me :P)

There used to be a box that would let you get heroes from the retired heroes of the game, but you can't get it anymore. I believe it is possible to get other heroes and villains from the other boxes, but it is pretty rare. If you go on the wiki ( http://superherosquadonline.wikispaces.com/Venomous+Box ) it will tell you what it is possible to get from boxes, including other characters.

I'm not to sure on the badges, but the max level with a badge is 20.

Currently the only other characters I know of that should be getting released are Agent Venom, Anti-Venom, and Lizard.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

July 05, 2014, 03:55PM #3814 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:09PM by corvetterules2
A slight note: Gazillion avoids adding X-men to the game because they do not appeal to children, the community that this game is oriented towards. Another reason behind this would also be the failure to get the rights to add most of the new X-men. Believe me, it really sucks for me, as a fan of the X-men, and particularly a fan of the Brotherhood of evil mutants.

We are getting the X-force in a month or so though, according to the dev that I did mention chats in Cbox (http://www.shsohub.com/cbox-live-chat.html). Consider it a miracle, as the main heroes Gazillion will add are Iron Men, Spider men and Avengers.

That adds even more terribad to the situation IMO, because it's not like we don't have enough Iron men and Spider men in the game. I honestly haven't counted, but just taking a quick look at the numbers I'd say the amount of Iron men in the game is at least 10. Same for the Spider men and, as mentioned above, the main heroes Gazillion will NOT add are mutants. (which makes sense because the most recent mutant was Sabretooth).

The above automatically adds for double the amount to Avengers. This makes me wish kids liked blue fuzzy teleporting dudes or unstoppable brutes with neat looking, orange helmets on their heads more than STUPIDLY overexposed-in-comics dudes who throw shields and have Super Soldier Serum in their blood or millionaires who fly around and shoot beams in armors.

P.S. If you're one of those people who jumped around in excitement when you read the X-force thing in this comment because they'll add a new female (X-force Psylocke) in the game (because, seriously, the most recent female is Dark Phoenix), you should stop right there. Apparently, females don't sell as well, so while the news of some X-force members being added to the game are true (Wolverine, Fantomex are guaranteed from what I know), Psylocke (and even Deadpool on a side note, who isn't appealing enough to kids either) are only limited to a chance-to-be-added. All mutant lovers here, let's pray for as many X-force members as possible. Be it or not the case in which they will be terrible in missions. (because more mutants are always welcomed, no matter what)

P.P.S. As someone who got Dr. Octopus, Ultron AND Titanium Man (each taking 15-25 boxes) without getting a single retired hero, I'd say that Gazillion removed retired heroes from boxes. But honestly, who even needs those chances anymore? Now they will be available to everyone (...maybe) for a CUT price AND for fractals whenever they are featured in the shop. Besides that, we're even getting the Summer Box back soon. (not guaranteed, but very likely since, well, it's summer) Fractals, IMO, are extremely easy to get. In 2 days you have enough fractals to get a 5000 fractals hero IF YOU ARE A NON-MEMBER (I speak from personal experience). If you're a member, farming fractals will lterally become a joke; you'd probably have a 5k fractals in like 2 or 3 hours of fractal farming, since you get 4 times as many fractals. Even that much seems kind of prolonged to me, but you get the point. I feel like we shouldn't judge Gaz for this one.

I think the amount of Spider-men is OK, 2099 and noir are differce enough. Armored, symbiote and normal are pretty much the same, but I can live with that.

I do think there's a little too much Iron Man in there, but most of them are pretty different to each other too.
I don't really mind the amount of the same hero if they don't just copy their original counterparts moveset.

I do hope for more avenger themed characters though, would be pretty awesome

Also, didn't they plan Professor X to be realesed? ( A long time ago, a screen showed a couple of heroes, including him)? Whatever happened to that?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on July 06, 2014, 04:21AM
I think the amount of Spider-men is OK, 2099 and noir are differce enough. Armored, symbiote and normal are pretty much the same, but I can live with that.

I do think there's a little too much Iron Man in there, but most of them are pretty different to each other too.
I don't really mind the amount of the same hero if they don't just copy their original counterparts moveset.

I do hope for more avenger themed characters though, would be pretty awesome

Also, didn't they plan Professor X to be realesed? ( A long time ago, a screen showed a couple of heroes, including him)? Whatever happened to that?
Neither the dev over at Cbox nor the codebreaking dude never mentioned Charles being released any time soon. We're just getting Agent V, Lizard, Anti Venom and some X-force dudes now.

I just got Norman Osborn... NO, not Dark Iron patriot, I mean the elf we all know and love.
He's real fun in missions; both because of the movement in his basic combo and because of his laughing. Hard not to enjoy playing as him.

Also, I know it was a while ago, but in case I haven't mentioned it yet I reached squad level 1000 4 days or so ago.

July 06, 2014, 09:51AM #3818 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:59AM by Midnightphoenix
It's pretty disappointing to hear about the X-Men, to be honest I feel like that's a load of crap that they aren't as child friendly. Because this game is based on making characters child friendly, so it just seems lazy to me and a cop out. Some of the characters in the game, quite a few actually are not characters I would think a child would want, and non of them are really X-Men.

Same with female characters, I own every female from the game, and would rather buy them over a male character.

And about a year or two ago there was a video that showed tons of new characters that were going to be released, and there are still about half of them that haven't yet and I am pretty sure Charles was on that list.

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on July 05, 2014, 01:19AM
So just started playing this game again and I really like the update.! When I logged in I had a box in my backpack and the "rare" item I got was Rogue so I was happy about that. So since I started playing I got Spider Man,Hulk,Rogue, and Psylocke! :D ...

I received a Ultron box for logging in and my rare was ... 3 potions.  That was certainly a surprise.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

July 07, 2014, 06:35AM #3820 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:42AM by Jeanfan321
Thanks guys for the info!

However that X-Men news is pretty disappointing I wonder if we start a petition if i'll change their minds or if we just simply email them about wanting these characters.

Also has anyone else noticed that you barely get anything from the adamantium medal? I did a mission with Dark Phoenix and got the medal filled ALL the way up and only got 30XP points, 9 fractals, and 1 craft item!
Sometimes if it's filled half way up I get like 225 XP, and like 12 fractals and 2 craft items but I still think it sucks.

You get more XP points, and fractals from getting a silver-gold medal...

Has anyone had this problem?

Also who wants to get on and do some pretty hard missions plus survival missions? I just bought tons of them and tried the titanium man and it was only me and my brother and man it was extremely hard!

EDIT:
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on July 03, 2014, 04:06PM
So I sent in a ticket about the boxes in my backpack, and apparently they are actually a bug and you shouldn't be getting anything. So if you are then you are lucky.
this actually happened to me yesterday! I got 1 venom box and 2 winter soldier box and the winter soldier box worked perfect for me the second time I actually got Winter soldier but the venom box gave me nothing.. I was so mad lol

Im trying to log in but can't right now, anyone else has this problem?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

July 08, 2014, 01:34AM #3822 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:50AM by corvetterules2
A few more notes: It appears retired heroes CAN still be found in boxes. I bought an Infinity box (aiming for Thanos) and got Spider Girl (pretty fun actually). But I'm not sure whether ALL boxes give retired heroes.

Not being able to get in the game is most likely due to too many players being in at once. Just spam the refresh button and you'll get in. It's a server problem; full servers.

As for the X-men, I don't think the problem here is child friendlyness. Just as mentioned in my last post, it's most likely due to the fact that Gazillion hasn't yet got the rights to add in the newer X-men, despite apparently bringing in some X-force dudes soon enough. That and no appeal in general to kids; it's not that X-men are too violent or anything (that's pretty much what I understand offends child friendlyness), it's just that kids find mutants boring. I don't see why, but that's simply the way it is.

Well, maybe that way we'll be happier about having mutants in the game.

P.S. Here's a code that shall aid you in your quest to complete the title achievements: CPTROGERS

Missed them before? Get them now! All previous Challenge Heroes are available for purchase in our store now! This sale ends July 15th. Heroes on sale include: Colossus, Daredevil, Firestar, Mohawk Storm, Red Elektra, Sentry, Stealth Armor Iron Man,  Street Clothes Wolverine, and even Future Foundation Spider-Man.

Also enter AGNT41WEEK and you will receive a one week membership!

July 10, 2014, 09:36AM #3824 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:05AM by corvetterules2
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on July 09, 2014, 10:23PM
Missed them before? Get them now! All previous Challenge Heroes are available for purchase in our store now! This sale ends July 15th. Heroes on sale include: Colossus, Daredevil, Firestar, Mohawk Storm, Red Elektra, Sentry, Stealth Armor Iron Man,  Street Clothes Wolverine, and even Future Foundation Spider-Man.

Also enter AGNT41WEEK and you will receive a one week membership!
I was about to post that.

This little goody drove me crazy about SHSO; Just yesterday I got Mystique, White Phoenix and Armored Spidey and today I got Ultimate Comics Spidey, Loki and EoTE.
Pro tip: Poke Impy with all of your heroes; might take a lot of time, but trust me; now that you're a member, you'll be getting 5000 fractals in around 1 hour and a half... Well, as long as you also mega collect from time to time (hint: mega collect, then do 2 Impys, repeat.).