Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 09, 2014, 09:52AM
Do you know which Guardians are being released I've seen supposedly Rocket and Groot, I would assume Starlord. And I do really hope Gamora gets released as well.
Rocket, Groot and Starlord are guaranteed, apparently. It's only Gamora and Drax that are limited to a chance, sadly.

When you realize that your favorite characters from a team are limited to only a chance because of the fact that it doesn't appeal to kids, it really makes you wish SHSO was simply oriented towards anime fans who LOVE the chibi style. That'd absolutely give Gamora and Drax, as well as mutants and maybe even asgardians some love.

Quote from: corvetterules2 on August 09, 2014, 01:18PM
Rocket, Groot and Starlord are guaranteed, apparently. It's only Gamora and Drax that are limited to a chance, sadly.

When you realize that your favorite characters from a team are limited to only a chance because of the fact that it doesn't appeal to kids, it really makes you wish SHSO was simply oriented towards anime fans who LOVE the chibi style. That'd absolutely give Gamora and Drax, as well as mutants and maybe even asgardians some love.

I agree, I know the game is geared towards kids and lots of kids play it, but there are lots of older people who play it as well and I think they need to take in to account what those fans want to see. Most of the kids who play it probably don't know as much about Marvel as the older fans do, which is why they probably only offer Avengers, Spider-Man, etc because those are the movies kids are watching.

Gamora and Drax are just as good as the others, and deserve to be included just as equally.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 09, 2014, 03:40PM
I agree, I know the game is geared towards kids and lots of kids play it, but there are lots of older people who play it as well and I think they need to take in to account what those fans want to see. Most of the kids who play it probably don't know as much about Marvel as the older fans do, which is why they probably only offer Avengers, Spider-Man, etc because those are the movies kids are watching.

Gamora and Drax are just as good as the others, and deserve to be included just as equally.
There's probably some good news to this though; if Gamora and Drax are added, then it's very unlikely they're going to be boxed. As for the other guardians, Groot will probably be boxed, because the "Wooden Box" term hasn't been used yet. Either that, or all of the guardians will just come in a bundle that will probably cost 27k fractals.

Most magical thing happened today, I got 500 fractals again, and thinking 'aw what the hell' bought a ock box. I closed my eyes, heard a magical sound and I FINALLY GOT HIM!!!!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 08, 2014, 03:07PM
Here's a Code for the level up potion: LVELCTRO

Thanks for the code, midnightphoenix!

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 09, 2014, 09:52AM
Do you know which Guardians are being released I've seen supposedly Rocket and Groot, I would assume Starlord. And I do really hope Gamora gets released as well.

I vote for Moondragon of course.  :)

Quote from: Polygone on August 13, 2014, 06:27AM
Most magical thing happened today, I got 500 fractals again, and thinking 'aw what the hell' bought a ock box. I closed my eyes, heard a magical sound and I FINALLY GOT HIM!!!!

Congrats!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Holy ****, Its my lucky day, 2 mystery boxes and I got ULTRON :D

Now I'm thinking of saving up, I really want both Impy and Mystique

August 14, 2014, 11:17AM #3892 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:14PM by Polygone
Yeah, pro-tip, close your eyes when you buy one xD

Website is currently down for maintance but enter SPIDEYST01 for a free mystery box!

Thanks for the code Polygone!

I watched the 8 minute video they released, while I do believe it is a good concept and a great way to get out information, the guy who was doing the video seemed a tad annoying almost like his humor and attitude were forced.

I'm really hoping to get more info on the Guardians because I have been debating on what to spend my gold/fractals on and if I knew how much the guardians would be I would save up for them.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Yeag, that guy was sorta annoying, and I hate the concept of that challange section, I was intrested in what the guy from Gazillion actually did. As long as they keep giving prices, Ill watch :p

Seems like everybody here's been lucky lately. Well, can't say you're the only ones. I recently got Coulson as well and officially completed my collection of mystery box heroes. While I was a little sad to have gotten here because I love the mystery box mechanics, I also felt a little proud.

Now I'll just go ahead and say what I think of each box hero in a few words:

Venom: Fun, but would be even more fun if his HU couldn't be intrerrupted by knock back or stun.
Green Goblin: VERY fun, especially if you play with sounds. Weak HU compared to other rain from the sky HU's, but overall decent.
Dr. Octopus: Pretty good. Great range in his basic attack and a strong HU.
Titanium Man: Pretty fun to play as. He can slow minions and go invisible, so that makes him pretty powerful, too.
Ultron: INSANELY fun. I was sad when I badge maxed him, contrary to my reaction to badge maxing other heroes. He's also, in my opinion, even more powerful than Thanos.
Beta Ray Bill: He's real fun in my opinion. The screen shaking caused by his basic combo makes him look like a god, like he should be.
Mr. Fixit: He's good for a Hulk. Okay in general.
Agent Coulson: As someone who didn't enjoy Nick Fury at all, I really can't praise Coulson. He's a lot like Nick Fury. His HU is a summon and deals good damage, but it's annoying because the bots can get in the way and block you from doors or box you in when you need to make a quick escape.
Sabretooth: Fun to play as and pretty good too in general due to his P2 which team-grants healing and speed boost.
Thanos: Powerful due to his HU being a nuke and his P2 being a team armor and speed boost. Also, his P3 is a AoE stun that lasts 6 seconds. In the fun department, though, he's okay and just that. I expected his pimp hand combo to give me more of a cool experience playing as him, but meh.
Winter Soldier: He's a blast to play as. He's both fun, mostly due to his basic combo, and powerful due to his strong HU and triple boost.

I did see gameplay videos of all of them, so I knew how powerful they would be. I personally didn't struggle too much to get Coulson, because he seems weak. But I got him anyway due to my love for boxes.

Putting mystery boxes aside, looks like Gamora has been confirmed to come to SHSO. Drax has been confirmed to NOT come, unfortunately. Rumors say it's like this because he's too violent. Then again, he DID butcher Thanos twice in the comics.
Nevertheless, I personally wouldn't have been hyped about Drax even if he came, but I'm very much hyped about Gamora. She's by far my favorite of the GotG.

That seems...weird, Groot and Rocket are already confirmed, Gamora confirmed. Star Lord will most likely show up as well....Wondering if they're gonna be doing at least something with Drax..

I'm glad you guys are having luck with the boxes! I haven't had much luck at all, I have bought countless Coulson boxes, as well as others and never seem to get any of them.

I'm glad to hear Gamora has been confirmed! And I agree, Drax wasn't a favorite of mine, and I am not that upset that he wont be appearing.

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 14, 2014, 01:39PM
... I watched the 8 minute video they released, while I do believe it is a good concept and a great way to get out information, the guy who was doing the video seemed a tad annoying almost like his humor and attitude were forced.

I actually liked the video.  It made me feel like there were some developers who really were into the game and gave me a better attitude towards it.  The Venom Box I got had basically nothing worthwhile in it though.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on August 16, 2014, 01:05PM
I actually liked the video.  It made me feel like there were some developers who really were into the game and gave me a better attitude towards it.  The Venom Box I got had basically nothing worthwhile in it though.

I liked it, and I agree it did make it feel like they were actually into it. But the guy who did it, I did not like.

My venom box was pretty lame too.