Spiderman: Edge of Time

Started by Quentin Hex, March 31, 2011, 10:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic
so i've got some news that's neither bad.. nor good. out of impatience, i emailed beenox, asking if there will be a PC release for EoT. surprinsgly, i got an answer the next day.

"There is no PC release planned for the moment."

despite this rather disappointing reply, i still hold on to hope that EoT will make it to the PC, preferably this year. X>.<X

this what if costume can be unlocked with the code "coldhearted"

November 02, 2011, 02:39AM #62 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:43AM by LarsAlexandersson
Oh goodie, more VIP costume is here. Guess those would be a FREE DLC by entering an VIP Code

@deedoo say. Are the VIP codes some kind of FREE DLC or Unlock code by entering at VIP Menu?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

just put it in the code menue on the main screen

:D THX but, i think it's pretty simple to go to Main Menu to get VIP Code
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

http://www.herohq.com/en/news_comments/the_arena_awaits/
Activison will be releasing a new gameplay mode "Arena" for the next-gen consoles (XBox 360 & PS3) after they get 200,000 fans on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/heroHQ
Screenshots of the new mode are through the link above

I just completed this after a day or something, but I played again as Future Foundation Peter and Big Time Miguel

good game, story's a bit cheesy though

Quote from: Dee❖Dooo on November 15, 2011, 12:38PM
http://www.herohq.com/en/news_comments/the_arena_awaits/
Activison will be releasing a new gameplay mode "Arena" for the next-gen consoles (XBox 360 & PS3) after they get 200,000 fans on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/heroHQ
Screenshots of the new mode are through the link above

So basically they're going "Hey guys, our game is a rehash of last year's game, but we want to squeeze some more cash out of it, so find us 200 000 morons that we can sell this to and they'll thank us for being cheap-asses."

I Think Marvel is starting to lose its touch, with everything, but mainyl video games. All these Spierman games although they have some good arent as good as they could be, same with X-Men Destiny although that is just bad. MUA2 for me started the whole games going down spiral, and all these new games prove just that.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

X-men origins wolverine was pretty good, so was shattered dimensions (after MUA2)

Edge of time was decent at the very most as story could have been better, then again it isn't Marvel who make the video games, so you can't fault them, they just think up a draft, gameplay-wise they are the ones that pitch what they want and then hand it to Beenox (in this case) to do the development

Quote from: edheng23 on November 18, 2011, 07:30PM
X-men origins wolverine was pretty good, so was shattered dimensions (after MUA2)

Edge of time was decent at the very most as story could have been better, then again it isn't Marvel who make the video games, so you can't fault them, they just think up a draft, gameplay-wise they are the ones that pitch what they want and then hand it to Beenox (in this case) to do the development

Well I think in general Marvel is starting to lose their touch, most of their video games included (recent tho) even if its not their fault the games could use more work and I agree Origins was good!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

November 19, 2011, 04:09AM #71 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:13AM by SilhouetteSpider
I think it is that (especially for Spidey games) they have switched game developers. That was the worst move in my opinion, and at the worst time. Web of Shadows was an epic Spider-Man game. It actually did Web Head justice, had an amazing, original story, and it was ungodly smooth. After playing that, playing Shattered Dimensions felt like a really generic beat 'em up with Spider-Man slapped on it. Beenox can go suck an egg :p. I have made it a point not to play another Spider-Man game with their name on it. I haven't played the new X-Men, but it certainly looked shoddy. Marvel has so much potential, but they seem to be short-changing themselves on the gaming platform. Also, DK, I love you.

Edit: I will say one thing about EoT, they picked AMAZING alternate skins/models to use, and rendered them fantastically. That Poison almost made me poop my pants.

Quote from: SilhouetteSpider on November 19, 2011, 04:09AM
I think it is that (especially for Spidey games) they have switched game developers. That was the worst move in my opinion, and at the worst time. Web of Shadows was an epic Spider-Man game. It actually did Web Head justice, had an amazing, original story, and it was ungodly smooth. After playing that, playing Shattered Dimensions felt like a really generic beat 'em up with Spider-Man slapped on it. Beenox can go suck an egg :p. I have made it a point not to play another Spider-Man game with their name on it. I haven't played the new X-Men, but it certainly looked shoddy. Marvel has so much potential, but they seem to be short-changing themselves on the gaming platform. Also, DK, I love you.

Edit: I will say one thing about EoT, they picked AMAZING alternate skins/models to use, and rendered them fantastically. That Poison almost made me poop my pants.

I think it was the other way on it, Web of Shadows had the worst voice acting in years and years and whoever voiced Spider-Man should just burn on a stake, the story was decent and I felt Wolverine's role in the story was terrible, shattered dimensions had a more interesting plot with the alternate universe thing and there are 4 different types of gameplay even though Amazing and Ultimate were somewhat similar

Beenox will be doing the free roam Amazing Spider-Man game as well so I am excited for that

all these are opinions though, feel free to not take them to heart

Quote from: edheng23 on November 19, 2011, 06:39AM
I think it was the other way on it, Web of Shadows had the worst voice acting in years and years and whoever voiced Spider-Man should just burn on a stake, the story was decent and I felt Wolverine's role in the story was terrible, shattered dimensions had a more interesting plot with the alternate universe thing and there are 4 different types of gameplay even though Amazing and Ultimate were somewhat similar

Beenox will be doing the free roam Amazing Spider-Man game as well so I am excited for that

all these are opinions though, feel free to not take them to heart

I was not aware that Beenox was going to make a free-roaming game. I suppose I will have to reevaluate them at that point. So far, though, they seem to be skimping a lot, and Spider-Man doesn't belong in a corridor based game, as much of SD was. As far as "Four different types of gameplay" goes, it had different ways to go about things, at first, but in essence, when the special stuff (Noir stealth, 2099 acrobatic scenes) was finished, it was just mashing on attack, with some block breakers thrown in. We have enough of those games already :p.

Agreed, Wolverine's role in WoS seemed tacked on, and the voice acting wasn't perfect, but I didn't need either of those things, because the story was conveyed differently, and the gameplay was both solid, and smooth.

All said and done though, Beenox releasing said open world Spidey game gives me hope, do you know what it is going to be called?

Quote from: SilhouetteSpider on November 19, 2011, 02:55PM
I was not aware that Beenox was going to make a free-roaming game. I suppose I will have to reevaluate them at that point. So far, though, they seem to be skimping a lot, and Spider-Man doesn't belong in a corridor based game, as much of SD was. As far as "Four different types of gameplay" goes, it had different ways to go about things, at first, but in essence, when the special stuff (Noir stealth, 2099 acrobatic scenes) was finished, it was just mashing on attack, with some block breakers thrown in. We have enough of those games already :p.

Agreed, Wolverine's role in WoS seemed tacked on, and the voice acting wasn't perfect, but I didn't need either of those things, because the story was conveyed differently, and the gameplay was both solid, and smooth.

All said and done though, Beenox releasing said open world Spidey game gives me hope, do you know what it is going to be called?

I think it's The Amazing Spiderman Based on the upcoming movie.