Team Bonuses

Started by BliZZ, December 24, 2006, 11:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's what the game calls "Alternate Identities" -- Scarlet Spider, US Agent, Vengeance, Arachne (Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman), etc.

What about a "Villians" team that would include Dr. Doom, Magneto, Venom, Mysterio, Omega Red, etc?

It would be fun to give them a name that implies they're doing that thing where villians sometimes team up with heroes to defeat a cosmic / world-ending threat.  "Reformed Villians" isn't quite right.  "Selfish Agenda"?  I got nothin'.

Oh yeah wait, i saw inside the Official Character team bonus file.
Doom's actors is 19xx, so i changed Kristoff Skin name or number 17404 into

Can any1 pls help me? Im trying to make bruisers team and cant make it work. Im using xmlb compiler as it says in instructios ive decompiled team_bonus.engb add my chracters (rogue, juggernaut, she-hulk) to the bruisers team ive compiled file back and replace the original one and only Rogue work as bruiser. Ive read somewher that u can have only 6 members in each bonus team so ive deleted capt america and luke cage and replace it with she-hulk and juggernaut. The final result was that capt and luke are no longer in bruisers team but so does she-hulk and juggernaut. What am i doing wrong? Why the first character ive add (rogue) works fine but others dont? Thats how it looks

bonus {
   descbonus = +15 Striking ;
   descname1 = Bruisers ;
   powerup = shared_team_increase_striking ;
   sound = common/team_bonus_br ;
      hero {
      name = juggernaut ;
      }

hero {
      name = thing ;
      }

hero {
      name = colossus ;
      }

hero {
      name = hulk ;
      }

hero {
      name = rogue ;
      }

hero {
      name = shehulk ;
      }

}

P.S Sorry for my english

"juggernaut" should be "juggernaut_hero". I'm sure She-Hulk's problem is similar, check what the name in the herostat is.

Yeap that was it. I didnt realize that it should be the name from stats i thought it should be the name you put in in the list at the begining of the file. Thx a lot BliZZ :D. But still its wierd cos the name of she-hulk in herestat is - SheHulk and ive putted shehulk so this should work since all characters in team_bonus are written with small letters. It started to work when i change it to exactly as it is in herostat. I think it might be co of the 2nd big letter in the middle of the name. Anyway so whats with the limit of heroes in a bonus team? is it 6, 8 or there is non cos theres 3 versions. Which one is the true? And ive got some question out of topic. I couldnt find answer anywhere here. Ive seen on some screens people posted here that they play the 1st mish where the s.h.i.e.l.d is under attack using different characters then original ones (capt. america, spidey, thor, wolverine). How can i do that?

Quote from: D3xt3r on September 06, 2008, 01:11PM
Ive seen on some screens people posted here that they play the 1st mish where the s.h.i.e.l.d is under attack using different characters then original ones (capt. america, spidey, thor, wolverine). How can i do that?

Decompile and open charinfo.engb. You'll see a list of characters, and startgame = true (or somthing similar). Put these lines for the 4 characters you want to start. If you put more than 4, it will pick the first four. You can also unlock characters using this file.

Thx Norrin Radd :D. So back to the question with team bonus limits. Is it 6 or 8 or there is none?

I believe the limit is 8 in MUA and 6 in XML2

Thx. WOW that was quick :P. Got everything i needed. Thx a lot guys

I added this to the team_bonus but it just won't recompile and I can't figure out why. Does it have anything wrong or is there a limit to quantity of team bonuses?

bonus {
   descbonus = +15 Striking ;
   descname1 = Ultimate ;
   descname2 = X-Men ;
   powerup = shared_team_increase_striking ;
      hero {
      name = cyclops ;
      skin = 17202
      }

hero {
      name = deadpool ;
      skin = 1702
      }

hero {
      name = rogue ;
      skin = 20802
      }

hero {
      name = wolverine ;
      skin = 0304
      }

hero {
      name = magneto ;
      skin = 17504
      }

hero {
      name = colossus ;
      skin = 7801
      }

hero {
      name = scarletwitch ;
      skin = 20503
      }

}

bonus {
   descbonus = +6 Body, Strike, Focus ;
   descname1 = Marvel ;
   descname2 = Ultimates ;
   powerup = shared_team_increase_traits ;
      hero {
      name = captainamerica ;
      skin = 0701
      }

hero {
      name = deadpool ;
      skin = 1702
      }

hero {
      name = thor ;
      skin = 1001
      }

hero {
      name = moonknight ;
      skin = 4102
      }

hero {
      name = magneto ;
      skin = 17504
      }

hero {
      name = ironman ;
      skin = 1504
      }

}

bonus {
   descbonus = 5%% Dmg inflicted as Health Gain ;
   descname1 = Age of ;
   descname2 = Apocalypse ;
   powerup = shared_team_damage_to_health ;
      hero {
      name = cyclops ;
      skin = 17203
      }

hero {
      name = wolverine ;
      skin = 0306
      }

hero {
      name = magneto ;
      skin = 17504
      }

hero {
      name = gambit ;
      skin = 21203
      }

hero {
      name = rogue ;
      skin = 20803
      }

}
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

You don't have any ; at the end of your skin lines
      skin = 20803

should be

skin = 20803 ;

Oh yeah! Of course! Really missed those!

Thanx Man!

after i added a "AoA" and "ultimate x-men" team bonus, i noticed some of the bonuses don't come out exactly the one i wanted although i did put a determined skin to each character to compose the team!
is it normal? does the order of sequence in the team_bonus file alter anything?

the teams i mentioned are the ones from my previous posts! Tks to all that helped me!

What exactly do you mean by some of the bonuses don't come out exactly the one i wanted?