Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

Started by iammingy, July 11, 2007, 08:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 11, 2007, 08:46PM Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:43PM by iammingy
I am really happy that Iron Fist appears in this game! :)

More over >>HERE<<.

EDIT: or simply see below...

E3 07: New Spidey Game

E3 2007 - Spider-Man: Friend or Foe Revealed
Loads of details, a trailer and 12 screenshots for the newest Spider-Man video game
By Ryan Penagos

Iron Fist clears the area

This fall, Spider-Man takes a crash course in teamwork with the latest Spider-Man video game, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe. Hitting Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, DS, PSP and PC, Friend or Foe adds a fresh twist to Spider-Man's gaming exploits by giving the Web-Head a sidekick--and his choice of partners may surprise you.

Spidey, Green Goblin and a big robot

Some problems are just too big for one hero to handle and in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, the Wall-Crawler must enlist the help of several trusted allies--and even a cadre of his deadliest enemies--to embark on an epic adventure, complete a worldwide quest and defeat an unimaginably evil villain. Heroes providing support for Spider-Man include Iron Fist and Blade, with more to be announced before the game's Fall '07 release. The real jaw-dropper, though, stems from the list of villains who must stand shoulder to shoulder with Spidey in order to save the world.

Iron Fist attacks

Culled from the supervillains featured in the Spider-Man film trilogy, the list includes Green Goblin, Venom, Doctor Octopus and Sandman. But these bastions of evil won't just roll over and fight for good. As Spider-Man, you'll have to beat some sense into the creeps and show 'em the light before they join the side of the angels.

Spider-Man and Iron Fist

* The Marvel official site news editor made a mistake in the link here, but I corrected it for you guys! :)

Having a slew of sidekicks is awesome on its own and the inclusion of co-op gameplay only sweetens the pot. Friends can join the game at any time to take control of Spider-Man's sidekick. And while playing through the game, you'll unlock battle arenas that open up plenty of brawltastic PVP possibilities between your heroes and villains.

Spider-man and Doc Ock

Look for every character--from Spidey to Venom to Iron Fist--to have their own uniques moves, attributes and powers, ensuring all your team-up combinations have their own flair. You'll also be able to switch characters as needed to overcome all challenges. And if you're good enough, tough enough and dedicated enough, you'll gain control of Spidey's black costume, opening up a host of new powers and abilities.

Sandman and Spider-man attack

And if all that weren't enough, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe features numerous secret areas, hidden items, special tokens, unlockables, collectibles, new powers and mini-games that ensure you'll keep coming back again and again.

We'll have more details here at Marvel.com as we get closer to the game's Fall release. For now, enjoy the game's premiere trailer--unveiled at E3 '07, three screenshots available exclusively at Marvel.com and few extra images!

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe Exclusive Screenshots

Sandman takes care of a robot

Green Goblinattacks

Iron Fist vs. Venom

Sandman shows his power

* Hmm... this looks exactly like one of my Sandman skins! :D

Spidey and Doc Ock team up

Iron Fist takes on Venom

July 11, 2007, 08:48PM #1 Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:57PM by Norrin Radd
the link doesnt work for me
edit: none of the spiderman game links on marvel.com work for me right now

July 11, 2007, 09:15PM #3 Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:17PM by Norrin Radd
nope, same problem.
edit: i can see the ironfist picture on the main marvel.com page though
and view the trailer

July 11, 2007, 09:25PM #4 Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:38PM by iammingy
lol... may be it's due to recent upgrades to marvel.com

EDIT: posted everything in the first post...

I'm also happy Iron Fist gets some time in a game, as well as Blade. But I don't like when certain villains are playable, especially Green Goblin, but I'll wait until I know the story before making judgements.

On a semi-related note, I read that Jaime Kennedy was the host of Activision's presentation in the E3. Didn't anybody tell them he's not funny?

I will own this game.  Simple as that.

This Spidey I got to have, hope they don't mess up the pc version. :hyper:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

September 08, 2007, 12:19AM #8 Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:21AM by iammingy
Update!

8 playable heroes: >>Heroes Trailer HERE<<

1. Spider-man
2. Iron Fist
3. Black Cat
4. Prowler
5. Blade
6. Silver Sable
7. Lizard
8. New Goblin

6 playable villains: >>Villains Trailer HERE<<

1. Venom
2. Doctor Octopus
3. Sandman
4. Green Goblin
5. Scorpion
6. Rhino

All teh nex-jen n00bz hate this game because it's not built with next-gen graphics.  Well, Activision could just put ridiculous amounts of bloom in and people would be like "Wow!  Look at those graphics!"  Personally I think it looks like a lot of crazy coop fun.  Graphics are very much secondary to me.

the only thing that bothers m at all is that everything looke extremely cartoonish...but it still looks awesome...but why is lizard considered a hero?

Isn't New Goblin considered a villain also? I think I will get this game for the PC when it comes out.

Dr. Connors isn't evil at all.  Only when he transforms into his lizard form is he an opponent, but he doesn't hurt people with the same intentions the way other villains do.

That hero list looks pretty awesome.  The only people missing from the game before I would call the game complete is Shocker, Captain America, Mysterio, Red Skull, Chameleon, and Morbius.  Others I would like to see are: Kingpin, Daredevil, Spot, Punisher, Carnage, Hobgoblin, and Vulture.

I have no idea why Shocker and Mysterio are missing, but those are no brainers.  Blade's main appearance came about the time Morbius turned into a vampire, so it wouldn't make sense to have Blade without Morbius.  Other cameos from Cap, Daredevil, and Punisher would be cool as hell.  This game looks promising so far.  We haven't had a good Spider-Man game yet (Ultimate Spider-Man was alright, but it was WAY too short, and I'm not a big fan of the ultimate universe), so this will hopefully fix that.

<3 teh Black Cat.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Mysterio is the main villain according to a sourced Wikipedia article.

Quote from: msmarvel2007 on September 08, 2007, 09:30AM
Isn't New Goblin considered a villain also? I think I will get this game for the PC when it comes out.

Harry teamed up with Peter in the 2nd half of Spider-man 3. So, he isn't a villain anymore.