DC : New 52

Started by Polygone, October 14, 2012, 12:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow...Marvel changes up characters and mess around with stuff, while good ol' DC remains crazy as always :D

Anybody following Death of the Family ?

Me me me me me me xD

Its pretty much the only new 52 I follow, I really have zero intrest in whoever is Superman's soon-to-be-wife atm

I love Joker, he's so much more...Serious? xD, he's still a psycho, but just much more..Psycho-ish
Also props to them for giving Harley's mask back

My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I've read a couple of the books, I'm kinda on the fence about some things (Leatherface Joker for example) but so far it's been fun.
I honestly cannot wait to see what happens when Red Hood and Joker meet face to cut-off face (see what I did there?), I'm looking forward to that moreso than Batman vs. Joker 

Well, maybe it's just me, but I think they might have went a bit too far with this whole cut-off Joker face thing. I mean, okay, it's maniacal enough for the Joker, it's not even that surprising, but it's a bit disturbing. On the other hand, it's cool to see, that the Joker is back in business again and he is doing terrible....horrible things to the heroes. He is one of the best villians, you know :D

Quote from: Suigetsu on December 18, 2012, 04:34AM
Well, maybe it's just me, but I think they might have went a bit too far with this whole cut-off Joker face thing. I mean, okay, it's maniacal enough for the Joker, it's not even that surprising, but it's a bit disturbing. On the other hand, it's cool to see, that the Joker is back in business again and he is doing terrible....horrible things to the heroes. He is one of the best villians, you know :D
I completely agree, Joker is one of (if not THE) most iconic villains of all time, be it comics or any other medium. But like you the cut-off face is a bit much, I wouldn't have minded if they cut his face so it looks like he has a permanent smile (Yes it's a bit toe Heath Ledger, but to me it's better than leatherface)

I think they're trying to make him look more real-ish, he's a complete psyco, unpredictable, and does it all for **** and giggles, Not trying to justify DC, but thats my opinion :P

Quote from: Polygone on December 20, 2012, 12:59AM
I think they're trying to make him look more real-ish, he's a complete psyco, unpredictable, and does it all for **** and giggles, Not trying to justify DC, but thats my opinion :P
You're probably right, I can't help but look at his and Harley's New 52 redesigns and roll my eyes (give me the Arkham-verse designs any day.)

I thought in Harley's case, the New 52 design resembled the Arkhamverse design?

December 20, 2012, 07:12AM #24 Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:20AM by anonymouspunk89
Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 20, 2012, 05:07AM
I thought in Harley's case, the New 52 design resembled the Arkhamverse design?
Not really, while the two don't wear the full body harlequin outfit anymore and both show a little more skin, I find the Arkham Harley to be vastly superior to 52 Harley.
I mean look at em!

New 52 Harley

Arkham City Harley

Agreed, Both Asylum's design and city's design look beter,  New 52 Harley is a bit ..well, you know what, However, Arkhamverse Harley has a tattoo, which I'm not a huge fan of aswell, cause I really can't see Harley getting tattoos, but whatevs I guess

Speaking of Arkham anyway, anyone excited for the sequel? Its not announced yet, but Rocksteady left waay to many hints in City to not make a sequel

Quote from: Polygone on December 21, 2012, 12:20AM
Speaking of Arkham anyway, anyone excited for the sequel? Its not announced yet, but Rocksteady left waay to many hints in City to not make a sequel

I've heard it's a prequel to the arkham series. Where batman first meets the Joker and it'll include Justice League heroes ! But I don't know, I just googled it.

But yah throughout Arkham City there was the Hush, Scarecrow is returning, oh an Harley's pregnancy was a false you would understand in Harley Quinn's Revenge. Many possible things for a sequel !

Quote from: Polygone on December 21, 2012, 12:20AM
Agreed, Both Asylum's design and city's design look beter,  New 52 Harley is a bit ..well, you know what, However, Arkhamverse Harley has a tattoo, which I'm not a huge fan of aswell, cause I really can't see Harley getting tattoos, but whatevs I guess

I look at the tattoos like this, she's deeply devoted and obsessed with Mr. J right? And those tattoos are simply an extension of that (like the people that get a boyfriend or girlfriend's name or picture tattooed on their body, same basic principle)

And yes, I eagerly await a new Arkham game, be it prequel or sequel. Only thing that quenches my Arkham thirst are the Arkham Unhinged comics.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 21, 2012, 09:46AM
There should be a sequel. I've never liked prequels.
Prequels are a tricky business because they can go either way, they could be great and add more to an already great story. Or they they can be terrible and ruin the story that it's based on.