The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's nice to see someone progress up to doing a mod. I know the powers thing is weird, as my own attempts to copy powers on one to another have the same issues you have here. I wish you luck in finding the fix, but as long as she doesn't meet up with the other characters, everything seems nice and in order. Congrats.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Oddark123 on April 20, 2013, 03:29AM
It's nice to see someone progress up to doing a mod. I know the powers thing is weird, as my own attempts to copy powers on one to another have the same issues you have here. I wish you luck in finding the fix, but as long as she doesn't meet up with the other characters, everything seems nice and in order. Congrats.

Thanks. Yeah, I think that's a common problem, as some mods around here have that same problem. (Ex. Put Giant Man, then Luke Cage on the same team, and Cage has no passives. Put Hope Summers, then Black Widow on the same team, and Widow has no passives and missing some powers.) It seems you can't share powers or passives. An experienced modder said it could be a packages issue, but the packages I did seem fine to me. That whole thing is definitely something I'll look into.

April 24, 2013, 07:32PM #17 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:53PM by Outsider
Hank Pym and White Tiger have been updated. Refer to their sections to view the changes, and download again to get them.
<--- (Side note: Damn, I like that pic of the Bella Twins! Those two look even better in person, trust me.) :fro:

out of curiosity, do any of these mods share skins? like, the giant man skin is a reskinned luke cage, etc.? maybe thats the issue for some reason. i know powers can be copied. i recently used my drax mod and wolverine at the same time. drax uses 2 of wolverines powers. although they are named differently, so maybe if the powers are named the same in Talents, it causes an issue. anyways, this is not a problem i have ever encountered.

Quote from: sbarth13 on April 25, 2013, 06:06PM
out of curiosity, do any of these mods share skins? like, the giant man skin is a reskinned luke cage, etc.? maybe thats the issue for some reason. i know powers can be copied. i recently used my drax mod and wolverine at the same time. drax uses 2 of wolverines powers. although they are named differently, so maybe if the powers are named the same in Talents, it causes an issue. anyways, this is not a problem i have ever encountered.

I wouldn't really know if they are shared skins, but I learned the shared powers issue was within the powerstyles & talents files. For example, Markloto did his Hope Summers mod using Black Widow's passives and some of her powers. He didn't rename them, so the two women clash. Giant Man clashed with Luke Cage for the same reason. I carefully renamed them within the two files, and that did the trick. Maybe you already do renaming, which is why you never had that problem. I like seeing a problem, and then finding a way to fix it. I'm learning as I go.

April 28, 2013, 05:27PM #20 Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 05:44PM by Outsider
BLACK CAT

This is my mod of :blackcat: Black Cat, who is one of my favorite female characters. Originally, it was a small booster for Me's version of her, but so many changes were made that I just went ahead and upgraded her to a full mod. We all know Felicia Hardy is no stranger to seducing her foes, so I guess she seduced me. Seriously, have you seen Terry & Rachel Dodson's artwork of her? So go ahead, play as her now so you can cross their paths and give them all bad luck.

UPDATE: Now has a new power called "Whip Appeal" that uses her trademark whip! Replaces "Grappling Hook."

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-7 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, icons, 2 loading screens, mannequin, and two sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #26. (Will clash mannequins with Garokk and Hussar.)

MOVESET:
1. Slashing Claw: Felicia slashes at enemies with her claws.
2. Whip Appeal: Takes her whip and lashes an enemy in front of her, followed by a swing whip attack.
3. Feline Fury: Spins and slashes with her claws outward rapidly with a chance to cause bleeding.
4. Deadly Leap: Leaps up and with bad luck, lands on an enemy's head, also causing some radial damage.
5. Feral Pounce: Throws herself onto an enemy and slashes fiercely with a chance to kill them due to her probability field.
6. Sex Kitten: Entices enemies by using her famous feminine wiles, stunning them, then switching them to her side.
7. (Boost) Jinx: Causes bad luck to enemies for a time, as their attacks backfire a percentage back to themselves.
8. (Boost) Cat's Eye: Affects her team's luck defensively with dodging chances and reducing damage taken.
9. (Boost) Probability Alteration: Affects her team's luck offensively, increasing damage and critical chance.
10. (Xtreme) Bad Luck: Leaps and drops onto multiple enemies with a 25% chance to kill them.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod remix creation & coding, Classic variant skin, HUDs (Modern, Claws, & Winter Criminal) icons, sounds, loading screens, etc.
Me - Original Black Cat mod
UltraMegaMagnus - Skins (Modern 2 & Claws)
Hannah - Skins (Winter Criminal, Contest of Champions) CoC HUD, alternate sound files
Aventureiromax - Skins (Modern 1 & Marvel NOW), Marvel NOW HUD
hemlot - Black Cat data for voice files
AdrianoAp - Mannequin
Ceamonks890 - Fixed combat animation file

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?uwehmdfu89nwc94

Outsider, you are an awesome dude  :bowdown1:
Wonderful upgrades on the Hank and Black Cat mods :D

Quote from: Me on April 28, 2013, 06:22PM
Wow! That was fast! Congrats in everything!

Thanks for that. It might be a while 'til I get that "Marvel Modder" status, though... Good. I like the idea of earning it - kinda like an X-Box 360 achievement. Maybe I'll really impress people if/when I release Blackheart and/or Scorpion.

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on April 28, 2013, 06:37PM
Outsider, you are an awesome dude  :bowdown1:
Wonderful upgrades on the Hank and Black Cat mods :D

Thanks, Zuzu. I appreciate that, and I'm working on some more mods and boosters. And Owl City was nice enough to offer to create more skins for White Tiger. Stay tuned...

The White Tiger skins are something to look forward to :) The S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees are now complete :D

And I'm looking forward to your Blackheart mod as well :)

The booster for Wolverine has been upgraded. It is no longer a small booster - it is now a large one. Refer to his section to view the changes, and download again to get him.

May 08, 2013, 10:01PM #26 Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:19PM by Outsider
White Tiger has been updated, as four more skins by Owl City have been included. You can check White Tiger at her section in the Crypt. Or, if you already have her (and thanks for downloading, BTW), you can download the new skins here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gh6mdebziie0jpz. (Crimson Eyes = 7703, Marvel Knights = 7704, Ava Ayala = 7705. Classic is an alternate for the current 7702.)

Thank you and Owl City for that :D
The S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees are now complete! :)

May 11, 2013, 04:49PM #28 Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:07PM by Outsider
COLOSSUS (Booster)

This is a booster for :colossus: Colossus. A while back, I requested a booster for him to feature his mutant power from the classic X-Men arcade game. That was before I learned how to attempt it myself. Now, that move is a reality. After doing a poll over at my lab, the winning vote was to make that move a second xtreme. I didn't think that was possible, but I did it! (Yes, boys & girls - it is possible.) I've also featured more stuff. What exactly did I add? Keep reading.

UPDATE: Fixed coding issues with "Human Form" boost.

FEATURES:
-Adds new boost - "Human Form" (Reverts to flesh. Inflicts less/takes more damage, but moves and attacks faster, and gains more momentum.)
-Adds new 2nd xtreme - "Energy Burst" (Releases his steel form outward in a violent blast. Inspired by the classic X-Men arcade game.)(NOTE: Look closely during the move, and you'll see his human form.)
-"Intimidation" is now a power instead of a boost, and activates faster.
-New herostat.
-Renamed "Galvanized Skin" to "Super Armor," his move from the Capcom games. Too bad I can't get it to look like this...

CREDITS:
Outsider - New power, powerstyle & talent fixes and renames
aventureiromax - Movie skin, all human skins
epicanddragon94 - Carryguy_fightstyle files

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?2h9s73nn9uxyc3a

Amazing work on Wolverine and Colossus! You're better than me on things like this! ;) Incredible job as always, Outsider! Can't wait to try Colossus's second extreme! I didn't know that second extreme is possible.. Great discovery! :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench