What can and can't you remove from NPC stat without making your game crash.

Started by LanceK12, November 01, 2014, 11:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm just curious what can and can't you remove from npcstat without making your game crash. In an attempt to make enemies stronger in my game i accidentally caused the game to crash on Atlantis. I've since fixed the problem but i'm still still curious what my limitations are when tweaking the npcstat.
:)

Good question.

My guess would be the skins. NPCs can't spawn without a skin anyway.
Also anything related to a script.

These are just my guesses

Quote from: B.L.A.W on November 02, 2014, 12:23PM
Good question.

My guess would be the skins. NPCs can't spawn without a skin anyway.
Also anything related to a script.

These are just my guesses
I see. I think a deleted script was what caused my game crash the last time.
:)

I didn't try removing anything when I was working on replacement projects as I was obviously just replacing and subbing things in and out.

But I'm highly curious about some of the listings in there that I kind of put my project aside before checking out. But the game needs to be able to follow all the paths of everything it's identified to spawn. So if you need to remove a certain type of enemy with no direct replacement then you'll probably need to check where that enemy would be spawning.

I never experimented with actual NCPS or bosses. But in my own I was able to remove disc spawns from the map, but not action figures. But I'd imagine NPC's could go away that way too. Experiment some more and tell us back what happens.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Even conversation, and data's folder files as well
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html