Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 for PS4 and Xbox One

Started by Joosteh, June 17, 2016, 03:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 26, 2016, 12:25PM #75 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:31PM by Inawordyes
Okay, so a quick cursory glance at the sound files for MUA1.

Did the game always sound the player sounds for Ronin and Captain Marvel? Because they're both in there, and to my knowledge from the original game (which I can't check for accuracy since it's modded with the Official Characters pack) there wsan't anything for the exclusive. I can't find anything for Black Widow, Hawkeye, or the Gold Edition characters, but those two are in at least the sound files, gonna look around for more in the other folders.

EDIT: Black Widow and Hawkeye are both present (under bwidow and hwkeye, which is why I didn't see them at first). So all the PSP characters are present in the files (and otherwise Black Widow is the only one who actually appears in the game aside from being a playable character), but I don't see any references to the Gold Edition characters anywhere. That's very interesting.

just downloaded both games today, despite the price. on the one hand, i am happy they did this. however, i feel really, really, really, really cheated. i figured it was a no brainer to include the DLC characters. They even promised 'updated graphics and UI'. Nope. you can see the textures on the models a little better, but thats it. all they seemed to 'improve' is the lighting effects. but honestly, that's not even an improvement because all it does is add a lot of glare. even turning down the lighting doesn't improve it much. and the UI looks exactly the same.

MUA2 does have all the DLC though.

overall, disappointed. i had hoped for all new models at least, on par with marvel heroes and such, but apparently that is asking too much. its sad that they suckered so many people into paying that much for 2 old games without bothering to remaster it.

hopefully they wise up and actually do a proper remaster in the graphics at least. and add in the DLC characters. they should, for the price they are asking. and they should make it an automatic free patch, instead of asking more money. i guess i was kinda hoping they might add more characters too, but i suppose i am hoping for too much.

Has anyone tried to install any mods in the MUA1 re-release?
What I want to know, is if they've changed anything internally, that happened to break our mods.
Also, the character cap, is it still 27? 🤔

(I'm sorry if these were answered somewhere else)

July 26, 2016, 02:18PM #78 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:23PM by DJay Saint
Quote from: Gevth on July 26, 2016, 01:34PM
Has anyone tried to install any mods in the MUA1 re-release?
What I want to know, is if they've changed anything internally, that happened to break our mods.
Also, the character cap, is it still 27?

(I'm sorry if these were answered somewhere else)

I commented on this just a few posts ago.  The folder structure no longer contains loose files.  Everything is packed in a couple mass .bin files now.  So yeah, they changed that.  I haven't bothered trying to open the .bin files yet, so I have no idea if the files inside those are even the same as the original ones.  Who knows if they still even use the old herostat or powerstyle files inside the .bin archives.

I mean the game was originally for PC to begin with, so there was no reason to change the file and folder structure.  Now it looks like a bad console port, because it more than likely probably is.

I also sent Teancum the executable because he wanted to take a look at it.  But overall I feel like even wasting time trying to mod the "remastered" MUA1 is going to be just that: wasted time.

On that note, the new remastered version of Skyrim is supposed to be coming out soon too and I'm kinda worried it's going to get the same treatment.  I.E. asinine folder structure that will break all current mods and cause more work and headaches than it's worth.  Yay for quick cash grabs I guess.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

DJaySaint So modding MUA2 is possible but just takes a lot of time/effort? which makes this a waste of time? and are the controllers really that bad? I have heard some saying that the controllers are doing ok for them.

So, I was curious to hear what people here are saying about MUA1 & 2's re-release before buying anything myself.

Quote from: Outsider on July 24, 2016, 03:44PM
Hopefully, they will not exclude anything for a certain system. No Gold Edition nonsense, etc. Have all of the characters and features in it for all platforms.

Sadly, it sounds like for MUA1, they did exclude them and didn't really improve anything. Just as well --  we modded the hell out of this game anyway.

MUA2 -- now this sounds better... somewhat. They included all of the DLC? So Juggernaut, Cable, Magneto, Psylocke, Carnage, and Black Panther are all in there? If we can somehow find some answers to this .bin problem, maybe this game can be modded. Otherwise, I agree with Teancum -- I have MUA2 on Xbox 360 as well, so unless this version can be somehow modded, I'll have no use for buying it again.

Someone who has the original MUA could try copying the re-release .exe into their original MUA install. If the game runs on the original files then we don't have to have the .bin files, but can run the files loose.

Sorry to say guys but as for MUA 2, it has huge widespread issues for most users. The number one issue that I found immediately is loud crackling over all of the sound effects making them pretty much impossible to hear. There's also reports of characters freezing in place, falling through the map and dying, and just sliding off the screen to their deaths. Seems like they totally failed this port but maybe you guys will have better luck with it.

The .bin files are really disappointing too and I think I'll just refund the bundle and stick with the MUA 1 on disc until or if they fix these games. Really sucks but good luck to you all if you are gonna mod them.

All I want is that someone try Ninja Ripper on MUA 2, so much. . .models.

x_voice.pax file

There are "common.menus.character.an" and "common.menus.character.break" files for:

Black Widow
Captain marvel
Hawkeye
Hulk
Namor ("character.an" only)
Ronin
Warbird

There are .fsb and .sis files for all of the above. I'm intrigued the most by Namor, who only has one set of the files, and then Warbird, who was never a playable character in any of the editions. All the other characters are, obviously, just the playable ones. And again, all four PSP-exclusive characters are included, as well as Hulk, interestingly enough.

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 26, 2016, 11:43AM
Welp.  I just got down downloading both games and went to try MUA2 because I never played it before.  I'm at the intro and already getting pissed off with the game.  The native Xbox controller support is garbage.  Almost all of the buttons are wrong.  A is really X.  X is really Y.  Y is really A.  The D-pad doesn't work at all.  The start button is the right analogue stick.

I had this issue with the original MUA as well where the Xbox controls are all wonky and do not match what they are supposed to.  I use a Logitech F710 which emulates an Xbox controller, but with every single other game I've ever played the controls are perfectly fine so that leads me to believe whoever made the Xbox support was an idiot.

I'll have to find a way to fix it I guess.  I never got around to it with MUA1 and just used the standard gamepad controls instead of the Xbox.  I just would like to use Xbox emulation so I can see icons instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.  Pretty disappointed with it but whatever.  It is what it is.

Anyway, seems the DLC for MUA2 is included in the game.  I saw Psylocke, Carnage, and a few others I think that were DLC at the character select menu.

Folder structure is different than the original game though.  Everything is packed in .bin files now instead of the open format they had before.  Hopefully after opening up the .bin files they will contain the original normal files as before.  I'm hoping it's just a compressed archive of sorts.

I know exactly what you mean (w/ the original port, anyway). I even made a new texture file to match D-Input icons for it here b/c I got so sick of it.
This re-release is sounding more and more disappointing.  Hopefully, something is to gain from within MUA2s bin files.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

I'm curious to know if there is a herostat within MUA1 (for starters) and if it has a roster limitation (or the .EXE)

Can someone put the bin files on here I might know how to open them ?

I'm probably going to get MUA1+2 on Steam next month. Right now I have the old disc edition of MUA1 fully modded on my pc. Does anyone know if the new Steam version will conflict with any of the modded version's files (ie saves, possibly shared settings files, etc.)? If so, how do I fix this?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.